Sponsored

Which drive mode do you prefer to drive in?

Gerardo

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Gerardo
Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Threads
11
Messages
126
Reaction score
106
Location
PNW
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off-Road Premium
I use Normal and Sport depending on how much fun I want to have driving. I also like the fake sound.

Seems like I need to try out Tow Mode, being the first off the green light, I'm sold. 😅

I tried Eco for a few days, and it made me sad. No thanks. LOL
Sponsored

 
Last edited:

HVLA

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Feb 28, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
791
Reaction score
580
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Tow/haul. When I had the Tundra it made it feel like a completely different vehicle. The wife’s new IS gives you the ability to turn off the fake engine noise.
I drive my Tundra in Tow+ until I get on the interstate or at 60mph+. It is awesome!
 

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
66
Messages
2,742
Reaction score
1,554
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
I use Normal and Sport depending on how much fun I want to have driving. I also like the fake sound.

Seems like I need to try out Tow Mode, being the first off the green light, I'm sold. 😅

I tried Eco for a few days, and it made me sad. No thanks. LOL
i use to do that, but the way people are now a days running yellow/red lights, i let someone else go first for the hit.

even then i still look both ways now to see if someone is going to run a light.

hell this morning this dumass in a f150 blew the red light by a good 1-2 secs after my light was green at 5am

i was lucky that i wasnt going 40 mph before the light turned green like it usually was for my direction.

i should clip the dashcam for it and post it 🤦‍♂️
 
Last edited:

Gerardo

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Gerardo
Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Threads
11
Messages
126
Reaction score
106
Location
PNW
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off-Road Premium
i use to do that, but the way people are now a days running yellow/red lights, i let someone else go first for the hit.

even then i still look both ways now to see if someone is going to run a light.

hell this morning this dumass in a f150 blew the red light by a good 1-2 secs after my light was green at 5am
Damn. Thank you for sharing your experience. Gives me something to think about.
 

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
66
Messages
2,742
Reaction score
1,554
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
Damn. Thank you for sharing your experience. Gives me something to think about.
Here is the clip, it's 1\4 speed, so take that in mind in watching it in regards to speeds.

you can slow the clip down in the youtube player by .5 or .25, but you can clearly see him run the light after it was green for me for 2-3 secs after it turned green.

the saving grace was i was slowing down for the red light way before it turned green and was lazyily getting back up to speed when he blew by.


 

BonRunner

TRD Sport Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
435
Reaction score
507
Location
Montana
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD Sport Premium / WCP
Here is the clip, it's 1\4 speed, so take that in mind in watching it in regards to speeds.

you can slow the clip down in the youtube player by .5 or .25, but you can clearly see him run the light after it was green for me for 2-3 secs after it turned green.

the saving grace was i was slowing down for the red light way before it turned green and was lazyily getting back up to speed when he blew by.


you need to change the share permission in the video to Public or upload it on Youtube. No one can see it.
 

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
66
Messages
2,742
Reaction score
1,554
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
you need to change the share permission in the video to Public or upload it on Youtube. No one can see it.
ah sorry about that, it should be changed now
 

6thGen1419

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Peter
Joined
Sep 18, 2025
Threads
26
Messages
396
Reaction score
238
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium iForce Max
I use Normal and Sport depending on how much fun I want to have driving. I also like the fake sound.

Seems like I need to try out Tow Mode, being the first off the green light, I'm sold. 😅

I tried Eco for a few days, and it made me sad. No thanks. LOL
Why I like this forum. I had no idea there was fake engine sounds (ESE) and active noise cancellation (ANC). I guess I don't pay enough attention. Now I'm going to have to check it out today.

AI helped me:
  • ESE: adds an artificial engine sound through the cabin audio system.
  • ANC: uses the speakers to counteract certain unwanted engine/drivetrain frequencies.
  • The two systems can work together.
 

6thGen1419

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Peter
Joined
Sep 18, 2025
Threads
26
Messages
396
Reaction score
238
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium iForce Max
i use to do that, but the way people are now a days running yellow/red lights, i let someone else go first for the hit.

even then i still look both ways now to see if someone is going to run a light.

hell this morning this dumass in a f150 blew the red light by a good 1-2 secs after my light was green at 5am

i was lucky that i wasnt going 40 mph before the light turned green like it usually was for my direction.

i should clip the dashcam for it and post it 🤦‍♂️
Same here. My city is notorious for people running red lights. Being the first out from the green light is asking for it. If I do need to get out first for some reason (if happens), then I make sure to look both ways in the countdown to go.
 

sstarrx2

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Nov 1, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
257
Reaction score
112
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner SR5
Normal mode for me. ECO requires too much throttle...sport mode drinks fuel and unless you turn it off...the fake engine noise is just awful.
 

JCinNC

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
JC
Joined
Jun 12, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
59
Reaction score
30
Location
NC
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD Pro, 2024 Land Cruiser
Ok, so I’m in the Normal and occasional Sport mode group, but what’s annoying is that if I put it in Eco, it’ll still be in Eco the next time I drive the car but not the same with Sport! Anyone else getting that?? I’d like to leave it on Sport, but seems like you have to switch it each time you get going. As for the fake noise, I’m going to switch it off but I do like it, just wish it was being pumped outside too!!
 

sstarrx2

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Nov 1, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
257
Reaction score
112
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner SR5
Ok, so I’m in the Normal and occasional Sport mode group, but what’s annoying is that if I put it in Eco, it’ll still be in Eco the next time I drive the car but not the same with Sport! Anyone else getting that?? I’d like to leave it on Sport, but seems like you have to switch it each time you get going. As for the fake noise, I’m going to switch it off but I do like it, just wish it was being pumped outside too!!
Yep...i went through a short period, couple weeks, where I was running mine in ECO and really like that it stayed in that mode...but alas Toyota only did it for Eco and Normal...not sport.
 

C/G

Limited
Well-known member
First Name
Cary
Joined
Jul 23, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
105
Reaction score
73
Location
Orange County, CA
Vehicle(s)
2002 Sequoia 2x4 250k mi ('Darth Vader')/ 2025 FT FWD Limited Hybrid ('Wallet')
Here is the clip, it's 1\4 speed, so take that in mind in watching it in regards to speeds.

you can slow the clip down in the youtube player by .5 or .25, but you can clearly see him run the light after it was green for me for 2-3 secs after it turned green.

the saving grace was i was slowing down for the red light way before it turned green and was lazyily getting back up to speed when he blew by.


Unbelievable, what an idiot! That driver needs to be reported, if light cams available. I could barely see him go through the intersection at normal speed.
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
219
Reaction score
88
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
Does the ESE sound like an old WRX to anyone, minus the blow off valves? 😂
Sponsored

 
 







Top