Sponsored

Search results

  1. Do DIY oil changes impact Carfax value?

    Oh, yeah, they don’t. I’ve been going at the maintenance intervals to the dealership, I simply tell them to skip the oil change. The record comes through to CarFax and even though they didn’t do oil change, CarFax still lists oil change. It seems to be an automated system.
  2. TRD Pro upper grille question.

    Great idea to use a marble, looks good! I ended up using a plug as pictured here (link to 16mm hole plug in thread): https://www.4runner6g.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-6th-gen-4runner-today-%F0%9F%91%A8%F0%9F%8F%BB%E2%80%8D%F0%9F%94%A7-%F0%9F%A7%B0-%F0%9F%9B%A0.2403/post-116867 I...
  3. Do DIY oil changes impact Carfax value?

    @porkyfly You can also add DIY records and upload receipts to carfax.
  4. 2025+ 4Runner Diff & Transfer Case Fluid Guide: Part Numbers, Torque Specs & Prices

    Thank you for sharing this, @Don! I've seen older vehicles do not have a drain plug, instead you gotta open the "pumpkin" in half to drain the gear oil. To that, I say "no thank you". Seems way too messy. šŸ˜… The videos I shared make it seem totally doable for a DIY newbie like myself. I had a...
  5. Which drive mode do you prefer to drive in?

    Damn. Thank you for sharing your experience. Gives me something to think about.
  6. Which drive mode do you prefer to drive in?

    I use Normal and Sport depending on how much fun I want to have driving. I also like the fake sound. Seems like I need to try out Tow Mode, being the first off the green light, I'm sold. šŸ˜… I tried Eco for a few days, and it made me sad. No thanks. LOL
  7. Transfer Case Oil Change - what kind?

    Sharing a thread with part numbers and pricing that I put together. Hope it helps others! https://www.4runner6g.com/forum/threads/2025-4runner-diff-transfer-case-fluid-part-numbers-prices-where-to-buy.12616/
  8. Differential Fluid Change DIY Guide (Front & Rear Diff) - for 2025+ 4Runner 6th gen

    I expanded on this excellent thread from @Henry with more info around the transfer case parts and pricing overall for both diff and transfer case gear oil including part numbers. Hope this helps others...
  9. 2025+ 4Runner Diff & Transfer Case Fluid Guide: Part Numbers, Torque Specs & Prices

    I priced out my first diff and transfer case service on my 2025 TRD Off-Road Premium (part-time 4WD). I'm planning to DIY it soon: I'm at ~13.4K miles and want to do a break-in change by 15K, then probably every 30K after that. Prices are as of September 2026. Confirm part numbers and capacities...
  10. Drive shaft (propellar shaft) grease zerk fittings - 4WD (TRD ORP)

    Thanks for sharing! I also just greased all 5 zerk fittings this weekend @ 13K miles. I used the Lock N Lube Pistol Grip Heavy Duty 5000 Psi Grease Gun and I counted 10 pumps before the old grease started coming out on the 4 u-joints. No clue if that’s normal. I only did 2 pumps on the slide...
  11. Differential Fluid Change DIY Guide (Front & Rear Diff) - for 2025+ 4Runner 6th gen

    Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing, the maintenance chart shows 40K for spark plugs. That is my plan, for now (I'm at 12.9K miles currently).
  12. Pelican at COSTCO $160... any experience??

    Oh, interesting! Thanks for sharing!
  13. Black lug nuts

    Yes. Been on for months (installed February, two tire rotations since then). Though, heads up, I just remembered that they are 22mm. The original ones were 21mm. Wheel lock is 21mm. I pushed back on dealer and they confirmed those were correct. I just carry two Koken wheel lug nut sockets, a...
  14. Black lug nuts

    I ordered these for my 25 TRD ORP: - Wheel Lug Nuts, Black, Toyota Genuine #PT076-0C200-02: https://autoparts.springhilltoyota.com/products/product/wheel-lug-nuts-black-pt0760c20002 - wheel locks, Toyota Genuine #PT276-34231-02...
  15. Straps Installed in Trunk Cubby

    @djk Oh wow, great idea! Any links to the straps? What tool did you use to cut the holes? Thanks! I have the 15-speaker TRD ORP JBL setup but I don't have a speaker on the driver side cargo area. I do have the (sad) sub on the passenger side. I didn't realize some came with speakers on both...
  16. Sparks Toyota 25% off

    Ah, I see. I may have written my message poorly. I meant the current August Toyota 25% discount stacks on top of the dealer discounts. I’ve never seen that GROB* code stack on top of Toyota sales, though, that’d be awesome. But that code did work for me to stack on top of dealer discounts when...
  17. Sparks Toyota 25% off

    @CO/ZA Hmm… what dealers did you try? The Toyota 25% discount will be auto-applied once you have items in cart and you also have to be logged into your Toyota account. At that point, you'll see two discount lines. Here is my cart from Tuscaloosa, as an example:
  18. 25% Off All Parts - Sparks Toyota - Probably Others (8/17-8/26)

    Thanks, @Joestac! Yep, you guessed it, here are a few others that also have dealer discounts on top of the 25% Toyota sale: https://www.4runner6g.com/forum/threads/sparks-toyota-25-off.12037/post-161448
  19. Sparks Toyota 25% off

    Thanks for sharing @anexracer! Looks like there's a few dealers that have a 25% off sale all genuine Toyota Parts that also have stackable dealer discounts (to your point): https://autoparts.worldtoyota.com (Atlanta, GA) https://autoparts.mariettatoyota.com (Marietta, GA)...



Top