Sponsored

Which drive mode do you prefer to drive in?

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
2,760
Reaction score
1,562
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
Ok, so I’m in the Normal and occasional Sport mode group, but what’s annoying is that if I put it in Eco, it’ll still be in Eco the next time I drive the car but not the same with Sport! Anyone else getting that?? I’d like to leave it on Sport, but seems like you have to switch it each time you get going. As for the fake noise, I’m going to switch it off but I do like it, just wish it was being pumped outside too!!
anything above normal resets to normal. its just not the 4runner, the tundra/tree/taco do the same thing.

i told the wife to run eco in winter in the tundra so she could modulate the gas pedal better so she wouldnt spin the wheels as easily. otherwise i just told her to run normal or comfort on highway trips to see the grandson.
Sponsored

 

photorunner

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Mar 20, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
106
Reaction score
136
Location
Washington
Vehicle(s)
6th Generation Toyota 4Runner. Past owner of a 5th gen, 4th gen and 1st gen Taco
I’ve got almost 19k miles on mine, mostly use normal mode- but I like driving it more in sport mode, lol. In normal mode I’ve still hit 24.5 mpg on highway drives and about 20 in town. Occasionally if I’m on a long flat highway drive I’ll put it in Eco mode in cruise control.
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
227
Reaction score
88
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
I’ve got almost 19k miles on mine, mostly use normal mode- but I like driving it more in sport mode, lol. In normal mode I’ve still hit 24.5 mpg on highway drives and about 20 in town. Occasionally if I’m on a long flat highway drive I’ll put it in Eco mode in cruise control.
Are you still on OEM tires?
 

LuckyThat1Guy

TRD Off-Road Premium
New member
Joined
Aug 27, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
4runner Off-Road Premium
I drive Eco an hour each way for work, usually at ~70mph. It seems like it likes coasting more and having the throttle less responsive is actually more helpful. Less jolting back and forth when staying with traffic at higher speeds. For getting onto the freeway though I'll put it into normal for the quicker acceleration. If I'm not on the freeway though normal 99% of the time.
 
 







Top