Sponsored

14 inch screen replacement

thomasJ2352

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Mar 1, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
30
Reaction score
6
Location
Northern Alabama
Vehicle(s)
13' Frontier...soon to get new 4runner
this may seem like an odd question, but has anyone who originally had a 14 inch screen replace it with the smaller screen? I’m in the process of deciding which trim level to buy and I would like to get the off-road premium, but I’m not enamored by the big screen.
Sponsored

 

bumyoon

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Feb 2, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
24
Reaction score
28
Location
Howland Center, OH
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner
this may seem like an odd question, but has anyone who originally had a 14 inch screen replace it with the smaller screen? I’m in the process of deciding which trim level to buy and I would like to get the off-road premium, but I’m not enamored by the big screen.
mmmm.....my 4Runner TRD ORP is in the shop because of a mistake they made. They gave me a Rav4 with a 8" screen as a loaner and I cannot stand it. It uses the same software and everything is just that much smaller.... 14" to an 8" screen. I know the 14" screen looks out of place right now but I guarantee you that if you go with a non-premium trim just because of the screen size, you'll regret it sooner than later.
 

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
65
Messages
2,735
Reaction score
1,553
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
thats what she said :ROFLMAO:
 

photorunner

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Mar 20, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
106
Reaction score
135
Location
Washington
Vehicle(s)
6th Generation Toyota 4Runner. Past owner of a 5th gen, 4th gen and 1st gen Taco
I’m sure someone would swap with you if you wanted the smaller screen. I felt the same way, I did not like the larger screen.
 

20119mm

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
Donnie
Joined
Mar 14, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
54
Reaction score
63
Location
East Tennessee
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner Platinum
To each his own, but why anyone would want a smaller screen is beyond me. Absolutely love the big screen! 🤷🏻‍♂️
 

horbit

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 14, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
223
Reaction score
158
Location
DFW
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Off Road Premium, 2026 Aprilia RS660
It doesn't seem that big anymore after 6 months. Plenty of room to put two apps side by side and not fat finger buttons on accident.
 
OP
OP

thomasJ2352

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Mar 1, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
30
Reaction score
6
Location
Northern Alabama
Vehicle(s)
13' Frontier...soon to get new 4runner
my reason for wanting a smaller screen is that I plan to install a Radiohead on the dash like I have in my Nissan frontier but with that big screen, it really takes away a lot of usable real estate for me
 

HVLA

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Feb 28, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
790
Reaction score
576
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
this may seem like an odd question, but has anyone who originally had a 14 inch screen replace it with the smaller screen? I’m in the process of deciding which trim level to buy and I would like to get the off-road premium, but I’m not enamored by the big screen.
I thought the 14 inch screen would be obtrusive, but it really isnt. I have the 8 inch screen in my tundra and really wish I had the 14 inch screen instead.
 

HVLA

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Feb 28, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
790
Reaction score
576
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
my reason for wanting a smaller screen is that I plan to install a Radiohead on the dash like I have in my Nissan frontier but with that big screen, it really takes away a lot of usable real estate for me
A what?
 
OP
OP

thomasJ2352

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Mar 1, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
30
Reaction score
6
Location
Northern Alabama
Vehicle(s)
13' Frontier...soon to get new 4runner
this is what I am currently using for HF ham radio communications
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 14 inch screen replacement 1776466624219-g
Sponsored

 
 







Top