Sponsored

2026 4Runner TRD Pro … First Impressions

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
78
Reaction score
133
Location
29464
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD Pro
So I had my first oil change today at 1200 miles. I wanted to get some fresh lube in there before I ship the truck to Wescott for mods and then one month of off roading in AZ. I'm driving back home to SC afterwards so another service at around 5k miles when I get back.

Just wanted to update the thread on two fronts. Most of my original gripes are still there. Somehow the vibration did get better after I switched to larger Falken 285/70/18. You'd think the opposite would happen yet here we are. :)

I did ask them to use their scanner to input my new tire size so the speedo reads correctly but for whatever that seemed to flabbergast them and they weren't able to do it. I did get them to turn off ESE to get rid of the drone in sport mode. Interesting result there ... yes there's no longer a difference in interior sound volume between normal and sport mode, but the added revs of the sport mode still make the truck drone at low speeds even with ESE off, it's just a slightly lower pitch drone. I guess in the end the engine simply doesn't sound good whenever the revs go up. I might get a plug in thingie to mess with the settings myself and to do the tire size thing and see what happens.

Anyhoot. Parts off the truck I love, some are meh, some are irritating ... pretty much like any other vehicle I have ever owned no matter its price point. I'm more interested in how it performs off road when I'm out west, I shall update accordingly. :)
Sponsored

 

Archer

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Apr 23, 2025
Threads
48
Messages
721
Reaction score
701
Location
Orwigsburg, Pa.
Vehicle(s)
2025 4 Runner TRD Pro
what falken you running? I had the same experience with the RT/o1 in the same size that I put on, smoothed out and didn't wallow like the Toyos that came on it.

.
 

TrdProGirl84

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 3, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
696
Reaction score
274
Location
Georgia
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
I have a 2025 TRD Pro. Mine didn’t come with Digital Key. Anyone else like me and have one that didn’t?
 

Dead Horse

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Sep 6, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
639
Reaction score
718
Location
Oklahoma
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
So I had my first oil change today at 1200 miles. I wanted to get some fresh lube in there before I ship the truck to Wescott for mods and then one month of off roading in AZ. I'm driving back home to SC afterwards so another service at around 5k miles when I get back.

Just wanted to update the thread on two fronts. Most of my original gripes are still there. Somehow the vibration did get better after I switched to larger Falken 285/70/18. You'd think the opposite would happen yet here we are. :)

I did ask them to use their scanner to input my new tire size so the speedo reads correctly but for whatever that seemed to flabbergast them and they weren't able to do it. I did get them to turn off ESE to get rid of the drone in sport mode. Interesting result there ... yes there's no longer a difference in interior sound volume between normal and sport mode, but the added revs of the sport mode still make the truck drone at low speeds even with ESE off, it's just a slightly lower pitch drone. I guess in the end the engine simply doesn't sound good whenever the revs go up. I might get a plug in thingie to mess with the settings myself and to do the tire size thing and see what happens.

Anyhoot. Parts off the truck I love, some are meh, some are irritating ... pretty much like any other vehicle I have ever owned no matter its price point. I'm more interested in how it performs off road when I'm out west, I shall update accordingly. :)
Sadly, I've never seen a Toyota dealer that would adjust for larger tires. I don't even know if they can. Aftermarket solutions aren't optimal either. Toyota's computers are locked down tight AF. Most other manufacturers make it a fairly easy process.
 

NotApplicable

Limited
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
437
Reaction score
345
Location
WA, USA
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, IONIQ 9, Sprinter
Is there a way turn off the red lights on my dash every time I press in the brakes?

it’s the most useless feature in the history of mankind, and it’s distracting.
I actually like it. It's probably there to clearly indicate when the ACC is applying brakes vs. just slowing down without applying brakes, if so it would be kinda nice if there were a way to turn it off during normal driving. I don't believe you can, though.
 

6thGen1419

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Peter
Joined
Sep 18, 2025
Threads
26
Messages
403
Reaction score
241
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium iForce Max
Is there a way turn off the red lights on my dash every time I press in the brakes?

it’s the most useless feature in the history of mankind, and it’s distracting.
I love that feature. I want to know when the brakes are being used.
 
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 26, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
78
Reaction score
133
Location
29464
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD Pro
Updating this thread 7 months and 6000 miles in …

On the whole it’s a good truck. Chased rattling issues all around it with the dealer and got as many as possible fixed with insulation on the doors for the speakers, under the hood for the liner, etc, but it still rattles a bunch. No matter what, the tire vibration around the 70mph that’s been there from the factory is just not fixable no matter how many times and ways the tires have been rebalanced. Faulty vent under driver‘s seat also had to be replaced. Truck is as good as it’s going to get and I’ve resigned myself that interior rattling and vibrations are just a part of it.

Truck looked great new even better after the build (linked in signature). The Banks pedal thingie makes a difference. I don’t set it very aggressively, just enough enough for it be more ‘awake’.

On the whole I like it, and there’s really nothing else that I can think of to replace it with that can be both a daily utility vehicle and a competent off road Swiss Army knife. I briefly considered swapping it for a 392 but I just don’t like Jeeps unless I’m in Moab.

Just disappointed in the build quality. All my life I had heard about Toyota truck quality and it just happened that by the time I got to own one the bean counters had overthrown the engineers. The build quality is no better than a GM or Ford product, heck I beat the crap out of my TRX and never had so much of a panel rattle.

Anyway, just my experience, and for now I am happy to still own it and drive it.
 

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
1,572
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
I have a 2025 TRD Pro. Mine didn’t come with Digital Key. Anyone else like me and have one that didn’t?
digital key was only standard on the platinum, every other trim its a $275 option.

so if its not on your window sticker you didnt pay for it to be installed.
 

Scrappopatamus

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Aug 25, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
304
Reaction score
208
Location
Midway KY
Vehicle(s)
'25 TRD Pro '25 TRD ORPMAX '25 LC250 Prem
digital key was only standard on the platinum, every other trim its a $275 option.

so if its not on your window sticker you didnt pay for it to be installed.
My PRO came with the digital key. We have 2 6th Gen 4Runners and haven't experienced the rattles OP speaks of. My PRO isn't as heavily modified and wondering if some of the bling might be source of rattles?
 

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
1,572
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
My PRO came with the digital key. We have 2 6th Gen 4Runners and haven't experienced the rattles OP speaks of. My PRO isn't as heavily modified and wondering if some of the bling might be source of rattles?
i was just giving info that IF the other person didnt pay for the digital key they wont have it. you paid for yours so you have it.

it only comes standard with the platinum, but you have to pay for it for any other trim. i am guessing they think it was standard on their TRD Pro but unless you paid for that option it doesnt come with the vehicle automatically.
 

plukaz

SR5
Member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Aug 21, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
17
Reaction score
9
Location
Chicago
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5, 2023 4Runner Limited
I don't have a TRD Pro, SR5 owner, but curious if the TRD Pro comes with the underhood insulation. I added it and it seemed to help a little with engine noise - also turned off ESE.

No rattles for me, fingers crossed, but I do see a slight wobble in the hood. A neighbor had his 2025 TRD Pro hood covered in XPel film and he claims it helped significantly with the wobble. It may have been a placebo effect and I can't see it adding much rigidity.

My 2023 4Runner has a slight wobble, but the material seems thicker.
Sponsored

 
 







Top