Sponsored

What did you do to your 6th Gen 4Runner today?? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸ› 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
231
Reaction score
91
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
Scratch that, just saw your other post. Thanks man!
 

josiahg52

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Josiah
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
286
Reaction score
145
Location
Maine, United States
Vehicle(s)
2026 Trailhunter, 2018 Ram 2500, 2001 BMW M5, 2001 BMW X5 35d
Verified the transmission fluid level and it was satisfactory.
 

3rdRunner

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
240
Reaction score
178
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter
Well not today specifically, but over the last couple weeks:
Added RCI skid plates to trailing arm/shock mounts, a-arm and lower link. Swapped out open system ADD winch hook to Factor 55 Ultra Hook, replaced Westcott weather strip with Edge Lock + 3/8 Top Bulb and installed the rear Durobump DBRTOY4 just to keep the rear tires from contacting the fender well coming off obstacles- a little insurance for the Fender Flares.

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen What did you do to your 6th Gen 4Runner today?? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸ›  IMG_0319


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen What did you do to your 6th Gen 4Runner today?? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸ›  IMG_0474


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen What did you do to your 6th Gen 4Runner today?? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸ›  IMG_0409


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen What did you do to your 6th Gen 4Runner today?? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸ›  IMG_0469


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen What did you do to your 6th Gen 4Runner today?? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸ›  IMG_0468


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen What did you do to your 6th Gen 4Runner today?? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§ 🧰 πŸ›  IMG_0355
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
231
Reaction score
91
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
Installed the Backwoods DRIFT roof rack, no pics yet because we had a family function to go to after I was done.

Took about 6 hours, but thats counting prepping all the hardware, parts, tools etc. When it was done, I went back and put LocTite on all the hardware that didnt have locknuts. Took a while getting it as square and plumb as I could. Got it to within 1/16" by what I measured, but that was after a few garage sodas πŸ˜‚

Afterthoughts are:
Some of the hardware seems soft. Had the 1/4" torque wrench set to 7ft lbs, so nothing crazy (spec I found online for them)

They changed some parts from the install video they have but didnt send and update with the rack. No stainless, all black coated. Adhesive gaskets for the side rail mount spaces and front mount that sits on the weather moulding strip, small strips of 3M tape for those vs the video stating more. The 3M strips I had were not sticking at all and I thoroughly cleaned the moulding, so I ended up installing it reverse of that I found online. Instead of sticking the gasket to the bracket, then the 3M tape to the gasket to I did the opposite since I had already stuck the 3M to the bracket. If they prove to be a problem, Ill pull the bracket and and add more 3M tape later.

The silicone was tough for me since Im so shitty with caulk πŸ˜‚ I made sure to cover everything they showed and then some. After I was done, I pulled the rubber gasket off the factory rail and Im sure theres a way to mod it to add additional water proofing, pissed I didnt catch it prior. Unless it leaks, no way Im dealing with the roof mount bolts again.
 

Clipse

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
Joined
Jul 28, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
42
Reaction score
33
Location
Seattle, WA
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD ORP
Soundskin door kit and spent some time the last few days in different driving conditions. The audio is much fuller and warmer sound. Clarity has drasticallyincreased, handles bass very well, eliminated vibrations and rattles I was experiencing on driver side door, and it has been significantly better holding conversations with passengers without talking loudly due to road noises. It's no German car, but wish I did this sooner!
 

Mike N

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 15, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
183
Reaction score
141
Location
Rochester, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner
Soundskin door kit and spent some time the last few days in different driving conditions. The audio is much fuller and warmer sound. Clarity has drasticallyincreased, handles bass very well, eliminated vibrations and rattles I was experiencing on driver side door, and it has been significantly better holding conversations with passengers without talking loudly due to road noises. It's no German car, but wish I did this sooner!
Do you have the JBL sound system? I have a '25 ORP and did sound deadening in my front doors plus added Beat Sonic's front door speaker vibration deadening kits. Also added a Beat Sonic amp. This really improved audio output and sound quality plus quieted my cab. Easy install with the 4Runner having easily removable door cards.
 

Mike N

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 15, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
183
Reaction score
141
Location
Rochester, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner
Soundskin door kit and spent some time the last few days in different driving conditions. The audio is much fuller and warmer sound. Clarity has drasticallyincreased, handles bass very well, eliminated vibrations and rattles I was experiencing on driver side door, and it has been significantly better holding conversations with passengers without talking loudly due to road noises. It's no German car, but wish I did this sooner!
Adding door seal weather stripping on front of rear doors is also helpful. They seal the gap between front and rear doors. Available on Amazon for under $10. Install takes like 5 minutes per side reduces road and wind noise in the cabin.
 

Clipse

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
Joined
Jul 28, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
42
Reaction score
33
Location
Seattle, WA
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD ORP
Yeah I'm rocking the Beatsonic amp too. You got the link to the weatherstrip? Don't think I need it now but just curious what you're referring to
 

Mike N

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 15, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
183
Reaction score
141
Location
Rochester, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner
 







Top