Sponsored

Mike N

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 15, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
182
Reaction score
140
Location
Rochester, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner
It's not all smoke and mirrors. I run the Banks Ram-Air intake and boost tubes with the stock inlet. They make a difference IMP.
It's my understanding the OTT stage 1 tune is the top tune they offer. Once the EUC is dialed in everything works in concert creating the most performance improvements. Upgrading the turbo would top it all off.
I enjoy reading opposing views even when they are critical. The benefit is education which matters way more than any hard feelings. Spontaneous upgrades can lead to regrets. Besy always is to do the research part of which should be considering input from others.
In the end, regardless of real results, personal likes and preferences matter. They are okay if there's no harm or foul and make you happy no matter what others may think. Go for it!
Sponsored

 

jcash25

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
jason
Joined
Jul 4, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
108
Reaction score
71
Location
Houston
Vehicle(s)
2025 TRDO Premium
Whatever you add to the tractor, it remains a tractor. This 2.4L gas tractor engine will stay the same, regardless of what intake you add to the engine.
On the other hand, a thin air filter may harm your engine due to dust getting through. If you need to gain horsepower, the only way is through an aftermarket tuner, using premium gas, etc.
These things are just gimmicks, in my opinion .
I can tell you are no engineer
 

Stonkin

TRD Off-Road
Active member
First Name
Julian
Joined
Feb 9, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
38
Reaction score
29
Location
MT Pleasant SC
Vehicle(s)
2026 I-Max TRD Off Road 4Runner
We finally got the SXTH turbo inlet and catch can. Our OTT tuner reprogrammed our original OTT tune, since we had added the TK500 turbo and the SXTH intercooler. During the retune, I was told that the factory inlet with flow disrupting contours and sound deadening obstructions, was causing a 9psi drop in pressure and that the SXTH inlet should clear that up. We’ll see but there’s no point in increasing air flow across the whole process and still leaving the snail sucking through a straw.
 

SC4Runner

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Fred
Joined
Mar 28, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
255
Reaction score
220
Location
South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, GMC Truck, Mercury Grand Marquis
We finally got the SXTH turbo inlet and catch can. Our OTT tuner reprogrammed our original OTT tune, since we had added the TK500 turbo and the SXTH intercooler. During the retune, I was told that the factory inlet with flow disrupting contours and sound deadening yobstructions, was causing a 9psi drop in pressure and that the SXTH inlet should clear that up. We’ll see but there’s no point in increasing air flow across the whole process and still leaving the snail sucking through a straw.
Have you updated the throttle body inlet yet?
 

Stonkin

TRD Off-Road
Active member
First Name
Julian
Joined
Feb 9, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
38
Reaction score
29
Location
MT Pleasant SC
Vehicle(s)
2026 I-Max TRD Off Road 4Runner
Great point, and will just as soon as I find a better TB assembly. The AWE exhaust and CPLT, Power Pipes, TK500 and huge intercooler have responded strongly to OTT tune 2, so hopefully with a bigger TB and less intake psi drop, we can further reduce our mileage from 15-16, at 85Mph on mostly flat hwy with no trailer.
Pipe is still very clean so ratios look good. Did add the Mishimoto remote transmission cooler as we live in a very hot climate
 

drray81

TRD Pro
Member
First Name
ray
Joined
Oct 4, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
6
Reaction score
4
Location
Alexandria
Vehicle(s)
2026 Land Cruiser
For anyone that’s installed a Sxth turbo inlet. I’d highly recommend leak testing it. I went back to OEM as mine had a leak and from what I can tell is an inherent design flaw and would affect all Sxth inlets. Post maf pre turbo could have unmetered air to enter the system and cause a lean condition.
SXTH turbo design breakdown
SXTH turbo inlet flaw
SXTH turbo inlet smoke test
 
OP
OP
jrdees916

jrdees916

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Oct 23, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
61
Reaction score
83
Location
Urbandale
Vehicle(s)
4runner hybrid TRD Pro
I am going to do the smoke test on mine tomorrow. If it’s leaking it’s going back to Sxth. I am surprised cause I believe that a lot of people buy Sxth products so you would think the R&D would be at top tier level but I will follow up with my results as well
 

ysv85

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Yessi
Joined
May 1, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
49
Reaction score
24
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicle(s)
2026 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
I am going to do the smoke test on mine tomorrow. If it’s leaking it’s going back to Sxth. I am surprised cause I believe that a lot of people buy Sxth products so you would think the R&D would be at top tier level but I will follow up with my results as well
PLEASE let us know...please
 

Vincenzo

TRD Sport Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
402
Reaction score
303
Location
Southeast
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
If the YouTube video is legitimate. Shame on them. It’s clearly two different pieces. Bonding plastics can be tricky. Some plastics will not bond or accept any type of epoxy or adhesive. I recon this to be the case. I’m waiting on Banks. Turbo experts.
 

Stonkin

TRD Off-Road
Active member
First Name
Julian
Joined
Feb 9, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
38
Reaction score
29
Location
MT Pleasant SC
Vehicle(s)
2026 I-Max TRD Off Road 4Runner
When did you receive your SXTH turbo inlet? Mine just arrived after several delays due to defects in the Manufacturing process. The last email I received from SXTH included an image of an individual inlet being inspected by hand and ascribing the shipping delay to the time consuming process of manually inspecting each inlet prior to shipping. Did anyone else get those emails?

Thanks

Stonkin
 

ysv85

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Yessi
Joined
May 1, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
49
Reaction score
24
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicle(s)
2026 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
When did you receive your SXTH turbo inlet? Mine just arrived after several delays due to defects in the Manufacturing process. The last email I received from SXTH included an image of an individual inlet being inspected by hand and ascribing the shipping delay to the time consuming process of manually inspecting each inlet prior to shipping. Did anyone else get those emails?

Thanks

Stonkin
Yes, I got those emails. My issue let still has not shipped bit I am thinking of canceling my order. Any thoughts on your inlet? Have you installed it and tested it for leaks?
 

drray81

TRD Pro
Member
First Name
ray
Joined
Oct 4, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
6
Reaction score
4
Location
Alexandria
Vehicle(s)
2026 Land Cruiser
Mine got delivered 9/25. Also several delays. But from what I heard was from the evap fitting. I can certainly tell you mine was not inspected. The reason I say that is after I found the leak I took it apart and realized the oring wasn’t seated and I had assumed that was the issue. But it unfortunately wasn’t and in fact didn’t make any difference seated,unseated, or not installed. I’m actually a Land Cruiser owner but us land cruisers aren’t as many as the taco and 4Runner guys so wanted to help out fellow Toyota owners
 

Stonkin

TRD Off-Road
Active member
First Name
Julian
Joined
Feb 9, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
38
Reaction score
29
Location
MT Pleasant SC
Vehicle(s)
2026 I-Max TRD Off Road 4Runner
I haven’t yet as I was waiting for some other parts to do it all at once. I’m traveling so can’t comment on its appearance. I’m wondering if the aFe unit is a better alternative but I too have used a lot of Banks stuff over the years on Fords and Chevies. If they’re going to make one then Im inclined to wait for them.
 
OP
OP
jrdees916

jrdees916

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Oct 23, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
61
Reaction score
83
Location
Urbandale
Vehicle(s)
4runner hybrid TRD Pro
I did receive the email and it was due to the evap portion having to be fixed. When I get home from work I have mine installed and so I will do the smoke test with it installed I want to see if it bolted makes the difference and if not I will send mine back to Sxth. I will wait for the teqsport or banks at that point.
Sponsored

 
 







Top