Sponsored

Never Ending… RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE!

JM92

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Josh
Joined
May 8, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
10
Reaction score
12
Location
Charlotte NC
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium i-Force Max
Alright so I fall into the “my door has a rattle club” on my 2026 TRD ORP (passenger side)… I took it the dealership months ago THREE times before they finally “fixed” - I’ll give them props, they were good about taking it apart and troubleshooting each time. It went away for a while… but guess what

It’s back… and there’s more. Now I am noticing it on the driver side AND around my infotainment screen (if I press against a screen corner the rattle goes away so I know it’s the screen)… it’s like that cartoon episode where you’re trying to stop a leak in a boat and a new leak keeps showing up.

Is this just going to the life of some 6G owners??

im going to take it again and see what they can do but if im forever dealing with rattles from new places then I might be done w/ it… sadly… bc she’s pretty

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Never Ending… RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE! IMG_8834
Sponsored

 

mfoga

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Mar 5, 2026
Threads
13
Messages
420
Reaction score
159
Location
Socal
Vehicle(s)
r4unner
I am going to go with yes. Having driven probably 40-50 rental cars a year, 80-90% of cars seem to have rattles of some sort.
 
OP
OP
JM92

JM92

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Josh
Joined
May 8, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
10
Reaction score
12
Location
Charlotte NC
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium i-Force Max
I am going to go with yes. Having driven probably 40-50 rental cars a year, 80-90% of cars seem to have rattles of some sort.
If I am in a rental car that’s getting used and abused and driven non-stop and there’s a rattle.. likely expected. But a brand new $60k 4Runner with less than 5K miles… unacceptable in my opinion. I’ve never had rattles in any other vehicles I’ve owned
 

mfoga

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Mar 5, 2026
Threads
13
Messages
420
Reaction score
159
Location
Socal
Vehicle(s)
r4unner
When you rent that amount of cars you get very nice cars many with very few miles. I would say 50-60% of the rentals I would get are more than a new 4runner. These are not the beaters with 50k miles. Higher end audis, benz, bmw, Chevy and Ford trucks, Grand wagoners. Even nicer sedans that are fully loaded but not 4runner price. Some have double digit miles. Point is cars have rattles especially new ones.
 

lawn_wrangler

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
May 1, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
15
Reaction score
10
Location
So. Illinois (STL)
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD OR
If I am in a rental car that’s getting used and abused and driven non-stop and there’s a rattle.. likely expected. But a brand new $60k 4Runner with less than 5K miles… unacceptable in my opinion. I’ve never had rattles in any other vehicles I’ve owned
I tend to agree. Like, I get that it's a body on frame off-road SUV, but at near Lexus pricing, can we get a little bit of that Lexus finish quality? Three 100k mile Hondas before switching to Toyotaand never had to put up with rattles.

On the other hand, I'm sort of into good audio so it's the kind of thing that really grates on me...
 

SteveS

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Mar 24, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
98
Reaction score
67
Location
Puyallup, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 SR5, 2023 Range Rover Sport
10k miles since April 2025. I can confirm more rattles but mostly plastic “randomly” clicking or popping has increased. Its the dash, doors, ceiling area around eye glass holder.

I think it might be related to taking a hot car, putting the AC on causing the plastics to move.

I too think its very poor quality from Toyota. I have not brought it in as I don’t want the disassembly and guess work to create more issues.

I have a 2005 super duty truck the does not rattle.
 

sstarrx2

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Nov 1, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
257
Reaction score
111
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner SR5
Luckily my SR5 is rattle free...but I feel your pain! My old GTI was nothing but rattles. It was such a fun car, but that one caveat made it hard to live with. It was not the only reason, but one of the reasons I traded it in with less than 50,000 miles on it.
 

josiahg52

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Josiah
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
286
Reaction score
143
Location
Maine, United States
Vehicle(s)
2026 Trailhunter, 2018 Ram 2500, 2001 BMW M5, 2001 BMW X5 35d
The only rattle I have is because I installed a large 3D printed cup holder on the right side of the console. I'm going to solve it with some interior felt tape. 2026 TH ~3000 miles.
 

6thGen1419

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Peter
Joined
Sep 18, 2025
Threads
26
Messages
396
Reaction score
238
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium iForce Max
They're called "love rattles".

Actually, I've got 11K miles since Sep. 2025 on my ORP and so far the only rattles are stuff that I've got sitting in my cargo area. Just drove miles on a graded dirt washboard road last week and was pleased with the lack of rattles.
 

ysv85

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Yessi
Joined
May 1, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
45
Reaction score
21
Location
Los Angeles
Vehicle(s)
2026 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
I got rattles all over my T4R ORP.....caused by that 12" sub slamming 🤣🤣🤣
 

JCinNC

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
JC
Joined
Jun 12, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
59
Reaction score
30
Location
NC
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD Pro, 2024 Land Cruiser
I agree with the point that all cars have rattles - I had a 2024 Mercedes GLE450, paid over $78k and it had rattles. Got rid of it with less than 20k miles and bought the new Land Cruiser, which has been great! My TRD Pro has only 1,700 miles and the only thing that is rattling is the glove box organizer, but unless I'm driving with no music and the windows up, it doesn't bother me at all. To each his own, but I'd still take minor rattles in these Toyotas than anything coming from Germany or the US.
 

brabnt1

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
brian
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
16
Reaction score
37
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2026 4 Runner ORP
My drivers side rattled at 200 miles and never stopped, just hit 20k miles and now the passenger side rattles too. It’s stops if I roll the windows down.
Sponsored

 
 







Top