Sponsored

Scrappopatamus

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Aug 25, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
301
Reaction score
206
Location
Midway KY
Vehicle(s)
'25 TRD Pro '25 TRD ORPMAX '25 LC250 Prem
You've since uploaded the mounting apparatus. Not sure about that
 

MikeD

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 4, 2025
Threads
13
Messages
598
Reaction score
485
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium - Heritage Blue Hybrid
Just recently installed a powder coated brush guard / bull bar from Arc-Rite on my 2025 4Runner SR5
Cool. top mounting approach is interesting but clear. Can you show similar photos on how it attaches to the frame on the bottom? - assumedly it attaches to the recovery/tie-down bolt holes? Do the recovery/tie down brackets get replaced or are they still there and accesible? (am somewhat impressed that this attaches without removing the air dam)
 
OP
OP

Charles B

SR5
New member
First Name
Charles
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
Location
Oklahoma
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner SR5
Cool. top mounting approach is interesting but clear. Can you show similar photos on how it attaches to the frame on the bottom? - assumedly it attaches to the recovery/tie-down bolt holes? Do the recovery/tie down brackets get replaced or are they still there and accesible? (am somewhat impressed that this attaches without removing the air dam)
It mounts to the same location as the tow hooks. The top mounting isn't necessary as I couldn't get it to budge or flex with just the bottom mounts alone. I'm a stickler for trying to do things the way the manufacturer intended before I go rogue. I weigh about 225lbs my nephew is 6'2 and probably weighs about 280 and both of us together bouncing on the guard with only the bottom mounts couldn't get it to flex. So the top mounts are over kill for what it is.
Currently the way the bottom of the guard mounts you lose the tow hooks. However if you remove the air dam you could use an extension block and be able to get them installed with the guard.
 
OP
OP

Charles B

SR5
New member
First Name
Charles
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
4
Reaction score
5
Location
Oklahoma
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner SR5
You've since uploaded the mounting apparatus. Not sure about that
The top straps are over kill for what it is and are unnecessary. I just installed them because it came with the guard. As in my other response. My nephew and I together bouncing on the guard couldn't get it to flex or budge with the bottom mounts alone. As stated they're a bit overkill for what the guard is intended for.
 

JDH3

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
James
Joined
Aug 22, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Seguin Tx
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD off road 4runner Trd road
Do you have a link
Ty
 

Best Tesla

TRD Off-Road Premium
New member
First Name
Nikolai
Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4runner offroad premium
Very nice looking bar, I just ordered one myself. I called them up directly and got one ordered for my trim level. They are sending me 2 sensor extension kits.

Did you have to move sensors on the SR5? Or does the SR5 don’t have parking sensors that needs to be relocated?
 

umbrellassembly

TRD Off-Road Premium
New member
Joined
Jul 21, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
6th Gen ORP
The top straps are over kill for what it is and are unnecessary. I just installed them because it came with the guard. As in my other response. My nephew and I together bouncing on the guard couldn't get it to flex or budge with the bottom mounts alone. As stated they're a bit overkill for what the guard is intended for.

I'm looking at this guard for my ORP. Thanks for all the photos! They help since I'm trying to figure out lightbar and light pod geometries for mounting before purchasing.

You say the upper brackets are overkill but you did install them... Do they interfere with the radiator shutters? I'm looking at mine right now and I'm not seeing a path through or over them that wouldn't prevent them closing. Obviously, I could take a Dremel to them and make a little carve out for the brackets, but if they clear without that, even better.

And now that you've had the guard on for several months, how's it holding up? Still solid? No vibration? Did you leave or remove the upper brackets?
 

Archer

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Apr 23, 2025
Threads
48
Messages
717
Reaction score
699
Location
Orwigsburg, Pa.
Vehicle(s)
2025 4 Runner TRD Pro
JMHO,

But if you say the bar is secure and doesn't move without the top brackets, I would personally take those top brackets off. In an accident alot of pressure is going to transfer to your core support instead of just smashing plastic. Again, JMHO


.
Sponsored

 
 







Top