Sponsored

Oil Change Interval. Yes I know it has been covered over and over. My two cents.

T_Pomp

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Aug 11, 2025
Threads
13
Messages
243
Reaction score
157
Location
Illinois
Vehicle(s)
2025 TRD Off Road Premium
ha I do better than that...total loss oil system

55 gal drum of oil on the roof, gravity feed
the oil intake, oil drain plug is open and dumps to giant
oil diaper I strap to the frame.
every component gets the freshest juice available
Ok, I give up. You OBVIOUSLY know engines better than me.
Sponsored

 

mmasse

TRD Off-Road Premium
New member
Joined
Sep 25, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Idaho
Vehicle(s)
26 4runner
Is Toyota’s Schedule Engineer and Marketing driven?
https://digitaldealer.com/news/deal...rs-the-battle-over-vehicle-maintenance/61692/
Some real world testing on a 4 cylinder turbo.
I call BS on that video

1. No source for the testing. It never names the lab, the vehicle, the oil brand, or the test dates, and shows no data tables. The technicians and the service manager are anonymous. "Controlled testing" and "engine teardowns" can't be checked.

2. The numbers don't line up. It says it pulled valve covers "after 50,000 miles of accumulated service under each protocol," but the phases it described ran 15,000, 37,500, and 50,000 miles. It also calls the old rule the "30,000mi oil change interval." Sloppy details like that undercut the claim of rigorous testing.

3. The narration reads as scripted. It's formulaic, full of dramatic buildup ("what we found shocked even the technicians"), and never shows an engine or a lab report. A single test engine also can't generalize to all engines, oils, and driving.

4. Its own advice is more cautious than its headline. It says towing, short trips, heat, and dust are severe service and need 3,000 to 5,000 miles. So the 7,500 "winner" only applies to easy driving.
 

MikeK

Trailhunter
Well-known member
Joined
May 27, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
46
Reaction score
25
Location
Southern Nevada
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner
I call BS on that video

1. No source for the testing. It never names the lab, the vehicle, the oil brand, or the test dates, and shows no data tables. The technicians and the service manager are anonymous. "Controlled testing" and "engine teardowns" can't be checked.

2. The numbers don't line up. It says it pulled valve covers "after 50,000 miles of accumulated service under each protocol," but the phases it described ran 15,000, 37,500, and 50,000 miles. It also calls the old rule the "30,000mi oil change interval." Sloppy details like that undercut the claim of rigorous testing.

3. The narration reads as scripted. It's formulaic, full of dramatic buildup ("what we found shocked even the technicians"), and never shows an engine or a lab report. A single test engine also can't generalize to all engines, oils, and driving.

4. Its own advice is more cautious than its headline. It says towing, short trips, heat, and dust are severe service and need 3,000 to 5,000 miles. So the 7,500 "winner" only applies to easy driving.
Towing, short trips, excessive heat, and excessive dust are prime examples of severe service!
Perhaps the video should have used the word 'excessive' to better convey the message?
I learned all of that back in 2000 when I took automotive classes at CSN taught by seasoned mechanics. Of course, those driving conditions are going to warrant 3-5k oil change intervals.
I find your attempt at debunking everything this video says laughable, because a lot of what it says is, in fact, true.
Geez, some of you people hate AI so much, you just want to deny anything it says and fabricate reasons why it couldn't possibly be right.
You know, people make mistakes too and often mispeak on things, so why are you holding an AI video to a higher standard?
 

127.0.0.1

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Oct 9, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
840
Reaction score
728
Location
earf
Vehicle(s)
a bunch of Toyotas
Towing, short trips, excessive heat, and excessive dust are prime examples of severe service!
Perhaps the video should have used the word 'excessive' to better convey the message?
I learned all of that back in 2000 when I took automotive classes at CSN taught by seasoned mechanics. Of course, those driving conditions are going to warrant 3-5k oil change intervals.
I find your attempt at debunking everything this video says laughable, because a lot of what it says is, in fact, true.
Geez, some of you people hate AI so much, you just want to deny anything it says and fabricate reasons why it couldn't possibly be right.
You know, people make mistakes too and often mispeak on things, so why are you holding an AI video to a higher standard?
Why hate on AI ? WHY ?

Because AI can do this

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Oil Change Interval. Yes I know it has been covered over and over. My two cents. image_60748a2
 
 







Top