- Joined
- Nov 4, 2025
- Threads
- 1
- Messages
- 50
- Reaction score
- 43
- Location
- Portland, Oregon, USA
- Vehicle(s)
- 1998 4Runner SR5, 2025 4Runner TRD Off-Road
3M mounting tapeHow do the scuff protectors attach?
Sponsored
3M mounting tapeHow do the scuff protectors attach?
A 3M type of sticky tape on the backside of the protectors.How do the scuff protectors attach?
I have them on mine and I think they look fine. You can’t even them or notice it.Anyone else install these on a different trim? Wanna see a few more pics on an ORP before I order. Not sure if the grey will look good on an all-black door.
I recently got these door panel protectors too. I always have a knack for kicking and scuffing up door panels getting in and out of vehicles.I know, off-road vehicle, but does not mean I can't baby her as much as possible. She deserves the best.
10 minutes to install all 4, still on sale on the Toyota Parts site. Just a bunch of pull tab 3M stickers.
Part Name:
Door Panel Scuff Protectors
Part Number:
PT924-89250
![]()
![]()
This thread made me start using my foot to open my door, because I discovered that I had protection...I recently got these door panel protectors too. I always have a knack for kicking and scuffing up door panels getting in and out of vehicles.
Lol...just want to clarify that it is because of accidental contact, not intentionally kicking the door panel.This thread made me start using my foot to open my door, because I discovered that I had protection...
MIGHT AS WELL USE IT!
*kicks
Any tips for making sure the protectors line-up or minor challenges or hiccups encountered (lessons learned) during the installation to share? Something like this install seems straight forward. But the 3M adhesives may make adjustments difficult once it's adhered to the door panel.I have them on mine and I think they look fine. You can’t even them or notice it.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I pulled back the red strip covering the adhesive half way and folded it on the outside. So when I placed it they weren't fully adhered so I could line them up. Then pulled the strip the rest of the way.Any tips for making sure the protectors line-up or minor challenges or hiccups encountered (lessons learned) during the installation to share? Something like this install seems straight forward. But the 3M adhesives may make adjustments difficult once it's adhered to the door panel.
Nope. Just clean the door well with rubbing alcohol and do your best to line it up properly.Any tips for making sure the protectors line-up or minor challenges or hiccups encountered (lessons learned) during the installation to share? Something like this install seems straight forward. But the 3M adhesives may make adjustments difficult once it's adhered to the door panel.
This. Just like decals or stickersI pulled back the red strip covering the adhesive half way and folded it on the outside. So when I placed it they weren't fully adhered so I could line them up. Then pulled the strip the rest of the way.