Sponsored

How are people securing gas cans (jerry cans) and propane cylinders in the cargo area

glocke12

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
greg
Joined
Aug 10, 2025
Threads
21
Messages
134
Reaction score
85
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
6th gen TRD Off Road Premium
been placing my 5 gallon jerry cans in between the rear seat and front seats, but am not a fan of doing that.

I'd rather secure them somehow in the cargo area but havent found a way to do so that won't cause them to tip over and potentially spill.

Along the same lines, whats the best way to secure grill size propane cylinders back there ? I had tried some bungee cords connected to the tie-downs back there but that didnt' work out so well
Sponsored

 

BonRunner

TRD Sport Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
458
Reaction score
525
Location
Montana
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD Sport Premium / WCP
been placing my 5 gallon jerry cans in between the rear seat and front seats, but am not a fan of doing that.

I'd rather secure them somehow in the cargo area but havent found a way to do so that won't cause them to tip over and potentially spill.

Along the same lines, whats the best way to secure grill size propane cylinders back there ? I had tried some bungee cords connected to the tie-downs back there but that didnt' work out so well
Most people mount them outside their car for safety. To keep it inside, get hooks/bungie/ratchet strap. Use your imagination.
 

RunnerRocks

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
RedDog
Joined
Dec 15, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
425
Reaction score
281
Location
Nature
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD ORP (non-hybrid)
Where are the solid anchor points in the rear cargo area ?
 

ScoMay

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 29, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
123
Reaction score
53
Location
Tennessee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 Rebel
Example of simple wood crate with its own attached floor. This one has a 5-gallon jug of drinking water. It won’t tip, but it will slide if it is not secured.

Not sure I would want gasoline in the interior, but that’s just me.

I kept gasoline in red Roto-Pax in my truck bed when I had a pickup. You do need to watch as you change elevations or deal with hot days that you vent those occasionally.

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen How are people securing gas cans (jerry cans) and propane cylinders in the cargo area IMG_8012
 

T_Pomp

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Aug 11, 2025
Threads
13
Messages
244
Reaction score
158
Location
Illinois
Vehicle(s)
2025 TRD Off Road Premium
been placing my 5 gallon jerry cans in between the rear seat and front seats, but am not a fan of doing that.

I'd rather secure them somehow in the cargo area but havent found a way to do so that won't cause them to tip over and potentially spill.

Along the same lines, whats the best way to secure grill size propane cylinders back there ? I had tried some bungee cords connected to the tie-downs back there but that didnt' work out so well
Can’t speak for propane but this is how I’m hauling fuel/water.

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen How are people securing gas cans (jerry cans) and propane cylinders in the cargo area IMG_8314


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen How are people securing gas cans (jerry cans) and propane cylinders in the cargo area IMG_8466


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen How are people securing gas cans (jerry cans) and propane cylinders in the cargo area IMG_8476


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen How are people securing gas cans (jerry cans) and propane cylinders in the cargo area IMG_8474
 
OP
OP

glocke12

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
greg
Joined
Aug 10, 2025
Threads
21
Messages
134
Reaction score
85
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
6th gen TRD Off Road Premium
yeah, im talking more like 5 gallon metal jerry cans ( mil-sure style cans ), not overlanding type stuff. I am too poor for all of that...rig looks great though.

Previous milk crate suggestion seems like its a good one.


Can’t speak for propane but this is how I’m hauling fuel/water.

IMG_8314.webp


IMG_8466.webp


IMG_8476.webp


IMG_8474.webp
Sponsored

 
Last edited:
 







Top