- Thread starter
- #1
Anyone using an obd 2 app dongle that gives you functionality of Carista but without the subscription requirement? Also has anyone used the carista to enable remote window option or automatic mirror folding
Sponsored
My research says otherwise. The specific Toyota/Lexus LAUNCH Creader Elite 3.0 has more. And doesn't require a subscription. Ever. That means if a module gets replaced, the entire vehicle order has to be uploaded, etc., I don't have to pay a fee in perpetuity.I posted a guide on how to get Carista & changed all the setting for under $20.
You just need to get a 1 month subscription for $15, do all your changes, then cancel the sub. All changes are permanent. You can use with any inexpensive Bluetooth ODB2 adapter on Amazon.
Carista by far has the most modification adjustments for Toyota platforms.
So we should just take your word for it? Why would you not provide any examples of what this "more" is?My research says otherwise. The specific Toyota/Lexus LAUNCH Creader Elite 3.0 has more. And doesn't require a subscription. Ever. That means if a module gets replaced, the entire vehicle order has to be uploaded, etc., I don't have to pay a fee in perpetuity.
You don't have to do anything. Even if it's identical, no subscription. Ever. If it's not, 95% of the 61 settings I don't even care about. I choose that over anything that requires a subscription. The LAUNCH tool is a proper diagnostic tool. Carista does have some of those features beyond customization, too. Either solution doesn't require a subscription, Carista decided to create a revenue stream with itSo we should just take your word for it? Why would you not provide any examples of what this "more" is?
Not likely. The LAUNCH tools are diagnostic tools that can interrogate and write to modules, perform service resets, execute diagnostic procedures, read real time data, etc. Carista offers some of these functions and provides them via an easy to understand app. If they'd sell it outright at $60, $100, I'd probably must go with that and evaluate if I needed or wanted anything additional, although I do like redundancy. The LAUNCH tool I'm looking at a full-feature professional diagnostic tool specifically for Toyota/Lexus vehicles. It leverages all of LAUNCH's professional tool experience and distils it a vehicle specific device for the enthusiast.@josiahg52 mentioned about the LAUNCH Creader Elite 3.0. Is there something that compares the Carista and Creader Elite side-by-side?
Now you're comparing a $200 tool with a $20 tool to just turn off seat belts chime & some others. If Carista can activate more feature like enable folding mirror (impossible btw if you don't have it installed at port with additional hardware), they would have it already.My research says otherwise. The specific Toyota/Lexus LAUNCH Creader Elite 3.0 has more. And doesn't require a subscription. Ever. That means if a module gets replaced, the entire vehicle order has to be uploaded, etc., I don't have to pay a fee in perpetuity.
Does LAUNCH Creader Elite 3.0 work by Bluetooth ?My research says otherwise. The specific Toyota/Lexus LAUNCH Creader Elite 3.0 has more. And doesn't require a subscription. Ever. That means if a module gets replaced, the entire vehicle order has to be uploaded, etc., I don't have to pay a fee in perpetuity.
What specific features can you enable/disable on a Toyota with the tool you recommend that you cannot with Carista? That is what you said.You don't have to do anything. Even if it's identical, no subscription. Ever. If it's not, 95% of the 61 settings I don't even care about. I choose that over anything that requires a subscription. The LAUNCH tool is a proper diagnostic tool. Carista does have some of those features beyond customization, too. Either solution doesn't require a subscription, Carista decided to create a revenue stream with it