Sponsored

2025 TRD Sport Premium stiff ride

godwinvarghese8849

TRD Sport Premium
New member
First Name
Godwin
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
Vehicle(s)
2025 4runner sport premium
2025 4Runner TRD Sport – best suspension + wheels/tires for ride comfort?

Hey everyone! I have a 2025 4Runner TRD Sport Premium, fully stock on the 20" wheels and Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 tires (265/55R20). The ride feels pretty firm on small bumps and rough roads. I'm looking for something closer to a Tundra Limited's smooth ride.

What I'm considering:
• Wheels/tires: 285/70R17 tires
• Suspension: OME BP-51, Dobinsons MRA, Fox 2.0, Bilstein 6112/6110

My priority is comfort and small-bump smoothness, not hardcore off-roading.

If you've done any of these upgrades:
1. How did the ride comfort change?
2. Which setup would you recommend?
3. Was it worth the money, or not much of a difference?

Would appreciate any real-world experience. Thanks!
Sponsored

 

BonRunner

TRD Sport Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
468
Reaction score
542
Location
Montana
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD Sport Premium / WCP
Ditch the 20s first. That's the real problem. Low profile rubber on a factory stiff TRD Sport suspension sends every little road crack straight into the cabin.

Go with 17s (or even 18s) and a fat sidewall, but make sure you stick to standard load (SL) tires. If you throw heavy E-load 10-ply tires on it, the ride will stay rough as hell.

Skip the Bilstein 6112 if plush comfort is your goal. They use digressive valving, which stays pretty stiff over small pavement chatter. BP-51 and Dobinsons MRAs ride great, but dropping $3k to $4k on remote reservoir race shocks just to cruise town is massive overkill. Fox 2.0 is way better suited for daily smoothness.

Start with wheels and tires. That alone fixes most of the harshness before you spend serious cash tearing apart the suspension.
 

Zeeke

TRD Sport Premium
Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
22
Reaction score
15
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
26 TRD PRO on Allocation
I agree with BonRunner. Ive had our 26 Sport Premium for 2 months now and while I dont hate the ride if I were to want a smoother ride it would 100% be to get off the 20s.

I also wouldnt spend the money on new suspension until you try the 17 or 18s then make a better decision. If you just want the suspension then go for it.

My Pro will be here end of October so very interested to see how different the ride is vs the sport premium.
 

Brasco

Limited
Member
First Name
Don
Joined
Feb 18, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Location
Canada
Vehicle(s)
2026 Limited
I have a limited on 20” and ditched them for 17” OEM Offroad wheels and tires and it was better.
 

Minnesota4Runner

TRD Sport
Well-known member
Joined
Oct 23, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
105
Reaction score
55
Location
Woodbury, MN
Vehicle(s)
2025 TRD Sport
My wife and I like to refer to a quote I read on this forum.
"It rides like a chuck wagon." It has mellowed a little in 9K miles.
 

jblack

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
Joined
Mar 10, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
25
Reaction score
13
Location
Canada
Vehicle(s)
2026 4runner
2025 4Runner TRD Sport – best suspension + wheels/tires for ride comfort?

Hey everyone! I have a 2025 4Runner TRD Sport Premium, fully stock on the 20" wheels and Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 tires (265/55R20). The ride feels pretty firm on small bumps and rough roads. I'm looking for something closer to a Tundra Limited's smooth ride.

What I'm considering:
• Wheels/tires: 285/70R17 tires
• Suspension: OME BP-51, Dobinsons MRA, Fox 2.0, Bilstein 6112/6110

My priority is comfort and small-bump smoothness, not hardcore off-roading.

If you've done any of these upgrades:
1. How did the ride comfort change?
2. Which setup would you recommend?
3. Was it worth the money, or not much of a difference?

Would appreciate any real-world experience. Thanks!
Michelin defender ltx M/S 2
This is a phenomenal tire
Rides really well and you can keep same wheel size
Had it on a@5th gen sport to replace yokohama factory tires ride was quite bit better
 

jblack

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
Joined
Mar 10, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
25
Reaction score
13
Location
Canada
Vehicle(s)
2026 4runner
My wife and I like to refer to a quote I read on this forum.
"It rides like a chuck wagon." It has mellowed a little in 9K miles.
My description was ox cart and yes after 10k miles seems to have improved
 

dbrock34

Limited
Member
First Name
Dean
Joined
Nov 22, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
10
Reaction score
13
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
2025 4RUNNER Limited
We have a limited that was/is stiff over small bumps. Immediately switched to 17" KO3s after purchase. Tad bit better. Then upgraded to Bilsteis and a little more improvement but still nowhere near the ride of our 5th gen. Just upgraded to 285/70/17 Ridge Grapplers and a tiny improvement again. Thinking of trying OME next.
 
Last edited:

porkyfly

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
Joined
Aug 17, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
109
Reaction score
69
Location
Mid atlantic
Vehicle(s)
2025 4runner TRD Offroad
you can fix the ride quality by changing the shocks and getting softer or dual-rate rear springs.

There are multiple threads regarding this in the forums. The ride quality of my TRD Offroad was also terrible from factory. Larger sidewalls alone won't completely fix the issue.

The 5th gen has much softer springs and also more compliant shocks. You can test this by pressing on the rear bumper of both trucks. The 6th gen only moves like an inch, the 5th gen moves like 5x as much.
 

RunnerRocks

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
RedDog
Joined
Dec 15, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
425
Reaction score
281
Location
Nature
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD ORP (non-hybrid)
you can fix the ride quality by changing the shocks and getting softer or dual-rate rear springs.

There are multiple threads regarding this in the forums. The ride quality of my TRD Offroad was also terrible from factory. Larger sidewalls alone won't completely fix the issue.

The 5th gen has much softer springs and also more compliant shocks. You can test this by pressing on the rear bumper of both trucks. The 6th gen only moves like an inch, the 5th gen moves like 5x as much.
Spring recommendations for 1" lift with no extra load ?
 

porkyfly

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
Joined
Aug 17, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
109
Reaction score
69
Location
Mid atlantic
Vehicle(s)
2025 4runner TRD Offroad
Spring recommendations for 1" lift with no extra load ?

https://store.arbusa.com/coil-spring-set-rear-3344/?Year=2025&Make=Toyota&Model=4Runner (2")

https://iconvehicledynamics.com/products/52753 (0.75")

https://exitoffroad.com/product/dobinsons-rear-coil-spring-options-toyota-4runner-2025/ (0-3")


I would replace shocks first if not done already. I switched to Fox 2.0 shocks but still using stock rear springs. Ride is a bit firm but much improved over stock.
 

RunnerRocks

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
RedDog
Joined
Dec 15, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
425
Reaction score
281
Location
Nature
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD ORP (non-hybrid)
https://store.arbusa.com/coil-spring-set-rear-3344/?Year=2025&Make=Toyota&Model=4Runner (2")

https://iconvehicledynamics.com/products/52753 (0.75")

https://exitoffroad.com/product/dobinsons-rear-coil-spring-options-toyota-4runner-2025/ (0-3")


I would replace shocks first if not done already. I switched to Fox 2.0 shocks but still using stock rear springs. Ride is a bit firm but much improved over stock.
I also have Fox 2.0 struts & rear shocks with stock springs plus Peak Suspension 1" rear spring spacers.
Sponsored

 
 







Top