Sponsored

TRD Pro upper grill on TRD ORP Hybrid Max

Frankn8or

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Frank
Joined
Mar 26, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Location
Wilmington, NC
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
First off, I work at a dealership. I trust my guys when they tell me things regarding my 4Runner. I ordered an OEM TRD Pro upper grill for my 2026 ORP Hybrid. After they got the bumper removed and tried to install the upper grill, they said that it wouldn't work because the brackets were different. I am attaching a picture to show what they said was missing. They said that the circled part was supposed to have another one just like it below it, otherwise it will flap. Has anyone else had this issue?


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen TRD Pro upper grill on TRD ORP Hybrid Max 1790626795398-1


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen TRD Pro upper grill on TRD ORP Hybrid Max grill
Sponsored

 

quadna71

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Sep 11, 2025
Threads
11
Messages
164
Reaction score
143
Location
Delaware
Vehicle(s)
2025 4runner
Is that a photo of the new one you were trying to install or of the old one? Because my original TRD ORP grill one has one of those mounts per side (not two above and below each other per side). So my original one with the sombrero grill logo is the same as the one you posted.

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen TRD Pro upper grill on TRD ORP Hybrid Max IMG_3961


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen TRD Pro upper grill on TRD ORP Hybrid Max Image 9-28-26 at 5.33 PM
 

BonRunner

TRD Sport Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
443
Reaction score
514
Location
Montana
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD Sport Premium / WCP
First off, I work at a dealership. I trust my guys when they tell me things regarding my 4Runner. I ordered an OEM TRD Pro upper grill for my 2026 ORP Hybrid. After they got the bumper removed and tried to install the upper grill, they said that it wouldn't work because the brackets were different. I am attaching a picture to show what they said was missing. They said that the circled part was supposed to have another one just like it below it, otherwise it will flap. Has anyone else had this issue?


1790626795398-1w.webp


grill.webp
Your service techs are clueless. Many folks have done this mod with no issue.

Also, what do you mean by "it will flap" in the picture? Does the bottom red circle need the raised cylinder piece? You also posted 2 same images.

Watch the installation videos on YouTube & make your own decisions.
 

get.outside.75

Limited
Well-known member
First Name
Brian
Joined
Jul 13, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
225
Reaction score
222
Location
Charlotte
Vehicle(s)
Limited iForce max
Let me know your dealership so I don't take my truck there. I can't take apart my PRO grill but they are interchangeable with the power vents mounting in the same place. As others have pointed out, the standard and trailhunter grill have those screw tabs in the same place. I swapped a limited grill for Pro and everything mounting back up correctly.
 

BonRunner

TRD Sport Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
443
Reaction score
514
Location
Montana
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD Sport Premium / WCP
Let me know your dealership so I don't take my truck there. I can't take apart my PRO grill but they are interchangeable with the power vents mounting in the same place. As others have pointed out, the standard and trailhunter grill have those screw tabs in the same place. I swapped a limited grill for Pro and everything mounting back up correctly.
Look like it's Hendrick Toyota in Wilmington, NC that has incompetent service techs 😩
Sponsored

 
 







Top