Sponsored

Joestac

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2025
Threads
27
Messages
689
Reaction score
524
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Trailhunter
Still living in high 17s to 18s with a 4 day a week commute in heavy Austin traffic.

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Hybrid Real World MPG (iForce Max) - post your model, specs, general driving conditions, results: Screenshot_20260909_103632_FillU
Sponsored

 

IsGon26

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Israel
Joined
Apr 22, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
14
Reaction score
22
Location
Chicago Metro
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD ORP HV
Real world MPG, 2026 TRD ORP Hy,
Trip Chicago to Flagstaff
Before trip 3200 miles - avg 21.2MPG (mostly street)
After trip 6843 miles - avg 18.8 MPG (at avg 65-75MPH)
 

JCinNC

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
JC
Joined
Jun 12, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
61
Reaction score
34
Location
NC
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD Pro, 2024 Land Cruiser
How's everyone's hybrid MPG stats looking lately?
Only put 1,800 miles on my TRD Pro, and mostly short trips in my area and I have never seen the computer say anything above 20mpg...and most of the time it's around 18 or so. I don't hit the gas hard and I drive pretty relaxed around town, but the 23mpg from the sticker is never happening!
 

Matt52

TRD Pro
New member
First Name
matt
Joined
Jul 28, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
NJ
Vehicle(s)
TRD Pro
TRD Pro. 1200 miles (just changed oil and filter). Getting 21.2mpg currently
 

josiahg52

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Josiah
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
286
Reaction score
145
Location
Maine, United States
Vehicle(s)
2026 Trailhunter, 2018 Ram 2500, 2001 BMW M5, 2001 BMW X5 35d
Currently through 3345 miles :

Average of individual calculated tank MPG
22.42 MPG

Average of individual OBC MPG readings
22.27 MPG

Aggregate fuel economy — total miles ÷ total gallons
22.43 MPG
 

T_Pomp

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Anthony
Joined
Aug 11, 2025
Threads
13
Messages
244
Reaction score
158
Location
Illinois
Vehicle(s)
2025 TRD Off Road Premium
once you get 75+, it doesnt matter what suv you drive, the wind resistance will negate any fuel savings you might expect.

the sweet spot is 55


Test Cycle AttributesTest CycleCityHighwayHigh SpeedA/CCold
TempTrip TypeLow speeds in stop-and-go urban trafficFree-flow traffic at highway speedsHigher speeds; harder acceleration & brakingA/C use under hot ambient conditionsCity test w/ colder outside temp.Top Speed56 mph60 mph80 mph54.8 mph56 mphAverage Speed21.2 mph48.3 mph48.4 mph21.2 mph21.2 mphMax. Acceleration3.3 mph/sec3.2 mph/sec8.46 mph/sec5.1 mph/sec3.3 mph/secSimulated Distance11 mi.10.3 mi.8 mi.3.6 mi.11 mi.Time31.2 min.12.75 min.9.9 min.9.9 min.31.2 min.Stops23None4523Idling time18% of timeNone7% of time19% of time18% of timeEngine Startup*ColdWarmWarmWarmColdLab temperature68ºF–86ºF95ºF20ºFVehicle air conditioningOffOffOffOnOffVehicle heaterOffOffOffOffOn
I believe this. On the expressway, I try to keep it at 70 mph for an average of 15-19ish mph. As you said, any bit of head or crosswind and that drops a few mpg. I pray for tailwinds. If I go above 70, I'm at 15 mpg or worse.
Around town, I can average 19-23 mpg.

I should add that I have a ton of armor, a roof rack, a 180-degree awning, lift, and bigger tires. That obviously doesn't help.
 

jrdees916

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Oct 23, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
61
Reaction score
83
Location
Urbandale
Vehicle(s)
4runner hybrid TRD Pro
I am running about 21.3 mpg. Use only 91 or 93 octane
 

talmadge

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Timothy
Joined
Jun 28, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
70
Reaction score
103
Location
SLC, UT
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Trailhunter
Since changing jobs, my commute has gone from 70+mph interstate driving to ~50mph driving through lots of stop lights and it's made a noticeable improvement on my average MPG. Some days, my return trip (30 minutes, 13.6 miles) gives a computer estimate of 30MPG or even higher. That's with a 300-foot decrease in elevation, so a very slight downhill grade on average, but even on the way to work in the morning I was getting a computer estimate of 24 or more, and that's with less tire pressure and colder air. Burning Costco 91.
I record all my fill ups in fuelly, and I've been trying to run an experiment only using my 4runner for commuting and nothing else for an entire tank, but I keep screwing it up on the weekends because I don't want to drive my Rav4. The short trips and the interstate driving kill my numbers, so my calculated average is about 22.5MPG right now.
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Hybrid Real World MPG (iForce Max) - post your model, specs, general driving conditions, results: ea8056b6-edb2-4208-a830-e40858476c29
 
 







Top