Sponsored

DeStreGa5

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Andrew
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
22
Reaction score
10
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
'26 4Runner ORP, '15 Corvette Z51
My sub lapsed a while ago but yes I had all of those options on my 26 SR5 and disabled all of the seat belt dings
I asked if this might change in the future and their response is below.

1790953544999-ek.webp
I wonder what has changed in the time that morsk turned off his dings and now. I know he could probably just plug in the OBD tool and look through the app without the subscription. That's what I've been doing about once a week just to see if I should pay for the subscription. Maybe he could chime in and see if it looks like same as ours or not.
Sponsored

 

morsk

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
May 22, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
140
Reaction score
77
Location
NY
Vehicle(s)
2026 SR5
I wonder what has changed in the time that morsk turned off his dings and now. I know he could probably just plug in the OBD tool and look through the app without the subscription. That's what I've been doing about once a week just to see if I should pay for the subscription. Maybe he could chime in and see if it looks like same as ours or not.
Honestly, after reading some of the responses ITT and the useless response from Carista that someone posted, I'm scared to plug my Carista into my vehicle if it were to somehow reset my settings (I know it probably won't without some kind of firmware update on the OBD tool, but still). Not gonna do that, I'm enjoying my dingless seat belt reminder :)
 
OP
OP
Nodak

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
2,760
Reaction score
1,562
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
i guess we have to see what the creader options will produce. i am guessing they go deeper than the carista option but man that gets spendy for a $180 option just to turn off some seat buzzer's.
 

morsk

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
May 22, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
140
Reaction score
77
Location
NY
Vehicle(s)
2026 SR5
I wonder what has changed in the time that morsk turned off his dings and now. I know he could probably just plug in the OBD tool and look through the app without the subscription. That's what I've been doing about once a week just to see if I should pay for the subscription. Maybe he could chime in and see if it looks like same as ours or not.
Honestly, after reading some of the responses ITT and the useless response from Carista that someone posted, I'm scared to plug my Carista into my vehicle if it were to somehow reset my settings (I know it probably won't without some kind of firmware update on the OBD tool, but still). Not gonna do that, I'm enjoying my dingless seat belt reminder :)
And just a general note: I activated my Carista subscription on 7/14/26 to change these settings on my 2026 SR5. So this was available for customization until at least then
 
OP
OP
Nodak

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
2,760
Reaction score
1,562
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
for 2025 MY the options for seat buzzer are still available (i verified this on my 25). its just the 2026 MY there is no longer the option to change the seat buzzer for the 4 seat positions.

so i am guessing carista hasnt gone in an looked at what has changed on the seat buzzer setting in MY 26 4runners. its probably in a different pid than 2025 MY.

its still probably accessible via GTS (global techstream) just not carista.

waiting for feedback on the person that was buying the creader elite v3 for toyota/lexus to see if they can see the seat buzzer setting and able to change it.
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
227
Reaction score
88
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
Sample size of one, but I used Carista last weekend on my 26 SR5 and had all my options available. Obviously not as many options as your higher trim, but everything Ive seen on this site for it were available.
 
OP
OP
Nodak

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
2,760
Reaction score
1,562
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
Sample size of one, but I used Carista last weekend on my 26 SR5 and had all my options available. Obviously not as many options as your higher trim, but everything Ive seen on this site for it were available.
does it show 2 options for dings & warnings or 9 options ???

if it two then you are missing 7 options which includes turning off the seat buzzers
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
227
Reaction score
88
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
does it show 2 options for dings & warnings or 9 options ???

if it two then you are missing 7 options which includes turning off the seat buzzers
Id have to check again, but I recall having several for the front and several for the rear, so more than I initially thought it would have.
 

DeStreGa5

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Andrew
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
22
Reaction score
10
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
'26 4Runner ORP, '15 Corvette Z51
Id have to check again, but I recall having several for the front and several for the rear, so more than I initially thought it would have.
I have never seen seatbelt dings available on my '26. I'll check again when I get home.
 
OP
OP
Nodak

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
2,760
Reaction score
1,562
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
I have never seen seatbelt dings available on my '26. I'll check again when I get home.
if you go into carista you should only see 2 options on a 26 and none are for the seat belt dings

on my 2025 4R platinum have this, 9 options


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Carista Options / Settings for 2025+ 4Runner 6th Gen (screenshots) 1791227592393-ds
 

DeStreGa5

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Andrew
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
22
Reaction score
10
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
'26 4Runner ORP, '15 Corvette Z51
I just have these two for that menu.

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Carista Options / Settings for 2025+ 4Runner 6th Gen (screenshots) Screenshot_20261005_170431_Carista
Sponsored

 
 







Top