Sponsored

Backup camera relocation kit development - need tester for free kit

GGOffroad

Member
First Name
Austin
Joined
Sep 17, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Westminster, CO
Vehicle(s)
4Runner 2025
Katie from GGOffroad here. We make camera relocation harnesses for the Tundra and Tacoma, and I've been reading Toyota's connector documentation for the 4Runner because this keeps coming up.

We have confirmed that the mirror end connector is the same as what's used for Tacos and Tundras. The camera end is the one I can't confirm. I haven't been able to read the 4Runner's camera side inner mirror connector off Toyota's own pages yet, but it seems highly likely we have a connector that will work for 4Runner.

Same with the backup camera the picture is better. Your rear camera connector is 90980-12F78 gray, same as Tundra, Tacoma and GX 550. Our kit likely works for y'all.

Based on my reading, we likely have the connectors needed to build a relocation kit for the 4Runner. What I need is a vehicle. If anyone here is willing to pull a couple of connector photos and test fit a harness, I'll send a free kit for the help. Bonus if you're near the Denver/Boulder metro area where we could meet in person with Austin - our engineer.

[email protected] or reply here.
Sponsored

 

Mad Ghost

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Justin
Joined
Jan 31, 2025
Threads
34
Messages
484
Reaction score
493
Location
Wylie Texas
Vehicle(s)
4Runner ORP and Avalon
Katie from GGOffroad here. We make camera relocation harnesses for the Tundra and Tacoma, and I've been reading Toyota's connector documentation for the 4Runner because this keeps coming up.

We have confirmed that the mirror end connector is the same as what's used for Tacos and Tundras. The camera end is the one I can't confirm. I haven't been able to read the 4Runner's camera side inner mirror connector off Toyota's own pages yet, but it seems highly likely we have a connector that will work for 4Runner.

Same with the backup camera the picture is better. Your rear camera connector is 90980-12F78 gray, same as Tundra, Tacoma and GX 550. Our kit likely works for y'all.

Based on my reading, we likely have the connectors needed to build a relocation kit for the 4Runner. What I need is a vehicle. If anyone here is willing to pull a couple of connector photos and test fit a harness, I'll send a free kit for the help. Bonus if you're near the Denver/Boulder metro area where we could meet in person with Austin - our engineer.

[email protected] or reply here.
I would probably be willing to take mine apart, I helped Cali Raised and AJD Designs protype 6th gen products already.
 

mcd_ovrlnd

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Threads
41
Messages
434
Reaction score
236
Location
SE PA
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD PRO
I might be willing to give it a go. I have a Rig’d Ultraswing so hoping for a camera relocate for the 4R6G.
 

3rdRunner

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
233
Reaction score
170
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter
Happy to help out. This is the fix I’ve been waiting for before adding spare carrier.
 
OP
OP

GGOffroad

Member
First Name
Austin
Joined
Sep 17, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Westminster, CO
Vehicle(s)
4Runner 2025
Four takers in a day, thank you all.

One more thing that'll help us pick. Is anyone local to Denver/Boulder, or comfortable with a multimeter? If the kit doesn't work out of the box, we may ask you to run a few tests on the connectors so we can figure out why.

We'll follow up with everyone directly this week.

Katie, GG Offroad
 
OP
OP

GGOffroad

Member
First Name
Austin
Joined
Sep 17, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Westminster, CO
Vehicle(s)
4Runner 2025
I'll follow up with a quick note. We got pictures of the connectors at the camera, but are looking for someone to help get pictures under the headliner. Pic has details. This video shows the process for getting under there:

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Backup camera relocation kit development - need tester for free kit 2026-09-22 15_02_22-HVBodyL-W1.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader (64-bit)
 
OP
OP

GGOffroad

Member
First Name
Austin
Joined
Sep 17, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Westminster, CO
Vehicle(s)
4Runner 2025
Update for the thread.

Met up with one of you last week and we've got a working prototype for the non-360 6th gen. Cable house is building us a proper version and we're sorting out mounting now. Our tester will be running it over the next few months and reporting back on how it holds up, which is the part we actually care about before we sell anything. Looking at January for availability if it goes well.

Still need a 360 truck. If you've got one and you're willing to test fit, same deal as before, free kit for your trouble. Reply here or [email protected].

Thanks to everyone who volunteered. This moved a lot faster than it would have otherwise!
 

shine

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Mar 8, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
260
Reaction score
250
Location
Seattle
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Trailhunter, 2008 4Runner SR5
Will your kit cover both cameras for those of use that have the digital rear view mirror?
 

mcd_ovrlnd

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Threads
41
Messages
434
Reaction score
236
Location
SE PA
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD PRO
Yes there are two cameras, one is backup and the other, if you have it, is digital rear view mirror.
 

shine

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Mar 8, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
260
Reaction score
250
Location
Seattle
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Trailhunter, 2008 4Runner SR5
Yes there are two cameras, one is backup and the other, if you have it, is digital rear view mirror.
This, and they're right next to each other so if you need to relocate one you'll want to relocate the other as well.

And there's a handy nozzle between them to spray both cameras when they get dusty.
 
OP
OP

GGOffroad

Member
First Name
Austin
Joined
Sep 17, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Westminster, CO
Vehicle(s)
4Runner 2025
@shine @mcd_ovrlnd

Thanks for this. I totally missed that folks would want both relocated. Luckily we are meeting with our tester again for a check up soon and will scope out the DRV as well. Good to know about the washer nozzle too, that affects where the relocated mount can sit. Can't promise the DRV kit will come out the same time as the rearview kit, but the rearview kit should be an easy install comparatively.
 

MikeD

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 4, 2025
Threads
13
Messages
595
Reaction score
484
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium - Heritage Blue Hybrid
@shine @mcd_ovrlnd

Thanks for this. I totally missed that folks would want both relocated. Luckily we are meeting with our tester again for a check up soon and will scope out the DRV as well. Good to know about the washer nozzle too, that affects where the relocated mount can sit. Can't promise the DRV kit will come out the same time as the rearview kit, but the rearview kit should be an easy install comparatively.
Here are the two cameras. I believe the DRV is on the left under the O and the backup is on the right under the T. If you have a kit for both I'm likely to be a customer. Have been considering both hitch and bumper-based swing out carriers for my 285/75R18 spare but need this problem solved first. Will otherwise be carrying on the roof for late Spring cross country trip so would need this available around March 2027. Is that likely?
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Backup camera relocation kit development - need tester for free kit 1000008222
 

mcd_ovrlnd

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Threads
41
Messages
434
Reaction score
236
Location
SE PA
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD PRO
@shine @mcd_ovrlnd

Thanks for this. I totally missed that folks would want both relocated. Luckily we are meeting with our tester again for a check up soon and will scope out the DRV as well. Good to know about the washer nozzle too, that affects where the relocated mount can sit. Can't promise the DRV kit will come out the same time as the rearview kit, but the rearview kit should be an easy install comparatively.
I think you are addressing it in the right order, from a product development standpoint. I would rate the backup camera more important than the rear view mirror. I have a Rig’d swing out. I have the sensors turned off at the moment for the backup camera and can live without it as a GenX’r used to using side view mirrors to backup. I can still see out the back window. Having the backup camera would be nice. Second to that would be nice to have the rear view. I know Expedition One has a relocation for both. Dissent only does the backup camera. Camera Source, who does Rig’d’s relocators is working on a backup relocator for the 6G. I suspect there will be a few options in the next 6-9 months.
Sponsored

 
 







Top