Sponsored

6th Gen Owners: What's one thing you'd change about the Truck?

Mills21

Trailhunter
New member
First Name
Karl
Joined
Aug 23, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Vehicle(s)
2026 6th Gen 4Runner Trailhunter
What's the one thing the 6G gets wrong (or is missing) that would make it better?
Could be spec, tech, trim availability, factory tire choice, something interior, anything.

Bonus: what does it get right that nobody talks about?
I feel like there’s not much it got wrong! My Trailhunter has been everything I hoped it would be and no vehicle will be everything to everyone. Just got back from Utah and performance off-road with no mods was awesome. I even like the sound from the high air intake!
Sponsored

 

josiahg52

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Josiah
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
286
Reaction score
145
Location
Maine, United States
Vehicle(s)
2026 Trailhunter, 2018 Ram 2500, 2001 BMW M5, 2001 BMW X5 35d
I feel like there’s not much it got wrong! My Trailhunter has been everything I hoped it would be and no vehicle will be everything to everyone. Just got back from Utah and performance off-road with no mods was awesome. I even like the sound from the high air intake!
I have to say the same about my Trailhunter. It's been great, no issues or problems.
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
222
Reaction score
88
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
Not sure if mentioned yet, but the front cup holders. Obviously the size since theres plenty of aftermarket add ons to hold larger cups, but the location.

Running parallel with the console was a bad idea. If you rest your arm on it, you also rest your arm on whatever cup/bottle you have in the cup holder.

Stood out bad after I drove the Old Ladys LC, and the cupholders are to the right of the shifter and run perpendicular to the console. Same thing in my F150
 

4RunnerRGR

TRD Pro
Member
First Name
Jay
Joined
Jul 12, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
15
Reaction score
19
Location
Vero Beach, FL
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner
What's the one thing the 6G gets wrong (or is missing) that would make it better?
Could be spec, tech, trim availability, factory tire choice, something interior, anything.

Bonus: what does it get right that nobody talks about?
Size of gas tank…longer range.

Front widow visors that extend when you turn toward door window versus lame small extender.

My wife has 26 Tundra TRD Pro…much better exhaust system, would have saved me money from purchasing Borla cat back system.

Differential breather mounted in a higher location and one-way valve. I replaced it with an ARB Breather Extension Kit.

Flat back seats when folded.

Otherwise, I love the 6 Gen.
 

lawn_wrangler

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
May 1, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
15
Reaction score
10
Location
So. Illinois (STL)
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD OR
+1 on poor range, no driver grab handle and interior lights are way too dim.

Small gripes switching from a '25 Tacoma ORP (hybrid) to a '26 4Runner ORP (gas): seat cooler is almost useless compared to Taco, no dual zone climate, no flat key included (and a bunch more poverty buttons lol)

Only major irritation is the rattling. Speakers rattle both doors at different bass frequencies at different times. But the frequencies keep changing, so I can't replicate it at the dealership!
 

JCinNC

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
JC
Joined
Jun 12, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
59
Reaction score
31
Location
NC
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD Pro, 2024 Land Cruiser
Pretty sure I posted already about the small gas tank and the lack of a grab handle for the driver...but something I just realized yesterday, there is no clothes hook or any handle for the rear! Yes, for the rear passengers there is a grab handle on the B pillar, but nothing else so you cannot hang clothes if you go on a trip. Weird!
 

SimpleSean

SR5
Active member
Joined
Feb 14, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
32
Reaction score
22
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
6th gen SR5, 100 series
As others have said, the small gas tank is annoying. The doors are extremely flimsy feeling, as if they are made of the thinnest material possible that is not going to last long. My small children accidentally slam them.
 

talmadge

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Timothy
Joined
Jun 28, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
69
Reaction score
101
Location
SLC, UT
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Trailhunter
Long Range America recently released their 33 gallon tank for the 4th gen Tacoma, they told me in an instagram comment that the 6th gen 4runner is coming, but it's gonna be expensive. The Taco tank is $2700.
Sponsored

 
 







Top