Sponsored

The lowest tire pressure you've set? What was the terrain?

Wolfbox

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Site Sponsor
First Name
Florent
Joined
Mar 12, 2025
Threads
100
Messages
202
Reaction score
51
Location
CA
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
We all know the golden rule: air down before you hit the trail. But let's be honest — the real fun starts when you push it to the edge.

So here's the question of the day:
What's the lowest tire pressure you've ever set on your rig?

Tell us:
  1. Your vehicle
  2. The lowest PSI you've run
  3. The terrain that made you do it
  4. And the story behind it — did it save your trip, or did it turn into a 3-hour recovery mission?
Bonus points if you've got photos of those aired-down tires flexing on the trail.



And for the curious ones — how do you air back up afterward? Portable compressor in the trunk, gas station air pump, or the good ol' CO2 tank?

At Wolfbox, we have portable HyperFlow 60D (4-tire hose kit on the way) and on-board HyperFlow X.

Drop your numbers and your war stories below — let's see who's gone the lowest.
Sponsored

 

Joestac

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2025
Threads
27
Messages
689
Reaction score
522
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Trailhunter
That looks like it would be faster than the built-in compressor on the Trailhunter. I happened to be doing some tests this weekend and it took 2 minutes and 55 seconds to go from 15 > 38 PSI. Plus I could only do one at a time.
 

Archer

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Apr 23, 2025
Threads
48
Messages
715
Reaction score
696
Location
Orwigsburg, Pa.
Vehicle(s)
2025 4 Runner TRD Pro
I run anywhere between 10 and 12 psi on my rock crawler, but that's running 40's w/beadlocks.

On board air to air up.

6G I run 18psi offroad, on board air to air up.

.
 
Last edited:

Bernie

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Feb 17, 2025
Threads
22
Messages
130
Reaction score
173
Location
23221
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes AMG GTc
I generally go down to 20, which isn't that low. I'm on stock 33's and rims, 2026 TRD Pro, no beadlock. I feel like I could go a few lbs lower, but don't know. Any thoughts?
 

repins05

Trailhunter
Member
First Name
repins05
Joined
Feb 22, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
8
Reaction score
5
Location
Neither here nor there
Vehicle(s)
2025 4runner TH
I have aired down to 12 with my bead locks. Typically run around 14/15 for rough rocky terrain and misc off-road. I also air down for snow which usually makes a difference with the type of snow we have here.
 

Joestac

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2025
Threads
27
Messages
689
Reaction score
522
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Trailhunter
My pressure has been 20 for the trails I've hit. 60 miles of off-road in New Mexico and no issues. Also took it to Hidden Falls Adventure Park near me in Central Texas. Doing one tire a time isn't great. Doing all 4 at once would be sweet assuming hooking it all up does not take just as long.
 
Last edited:

Archer

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Apr 23, 2025
Threads
48
Messages
715
Reaction score
696
Location
Orwigsburg, Pa.
Vehicle(s)
2025 4 Runner TRD Pro
I generally go down to 20, which isn't that low. I'm on stock 33's and rims, 2026 TRD Pro, no beadlock. I feel like I could go a few lbs lower, but don't know. Any thoughts?

I think 20 is a good number for OEM tires, I wouldn't go any lower than that. Honestly I'd be more concerned with the sidewalls than the pressure.

.
 

3rdRunner

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
233
Reaction score
169
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter
TH, 12 Psi, 35” R/T Pro E Load on Method 709 Bead Lock, Engineer Pass, Ophir Pass, Transfer Trail and La Plata Canyon shelf to the notch. Completely overwhelmed stock compressor - unable to use Morrflate so approx 1 hr to get back to 25 Psi on each tire so I could get to facility to air up. Now have ARB CKBLTA12 Brushless Twin Compressor. Less than 5 minutes to simultaneously inflate from 15 Psi to 35 Psi, Alexander Mountain, Ozark National Forest.
 

Twomstone

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Connor
Joined
Jan 28, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
22
Reaction score
11
Location
Manitoba - Canada
Vehicle(s)
2025 TRD ORP Heritage Blue
TH, 12 Psi, 35” R/T Pro E Load on Method 709 Bead Lock, Engineer Pass, Ophir Pass, Transfer Trail and La Plata Canyon shelf to the notch. Completely overwhelmed stock compressor - unable to use Morrflate so approx 1 hr to get back to 25 Psi on each tire so I could get to facility to air up. Now have ARB CKBLTA12 Brushless Twin Compressor. Less than 5 minutes to simultaneously inflate from 15 Psi to 35 Psi, Alexander Mountain, Ozark National Forest.
This is what I want to hear. I go to 18 on my method bead grips (haven't needed less on the trails I've been on) but was curious how low they can go. This is reassuring!
 

3rdRunner

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Threads
7
Messages
233
Reaction score
169
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
Trailhunter
No issues at all, Psi stayed consistent throughout. Transfer Trail has a couple very rocky, challenging spots.
Sponsored

 
 







Top