Sponsored

Gerardo

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Gerardo
Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Threads
11
Messages
128
Reaction score
107
Location
PNW
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off-Road Premium
Interesting - spark plugs are not on my current short list. Will probably replace at 80K per maint. schedule unless engine starts to run rough. Maybe I’ll take one out and get some photographic evidence of current condition and check again at 30k and 45K miles to see changes.
Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing, the maintenance chart shows 40K for spark plugs. That is my plan, for now (I'm at 12.9K miles currently).

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Differential Fluid Change DIY Guide (Front & Rear Diff) - for 2025+ 4Runner 6th gen Screenshot 2026-09-11 at 2.14.09 PM
Sponsored

 

MikeD

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 4, 2025
Threads
13
Messages
599
Reaction score
486
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium - Heritage Blue Hybrid
Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing, the maintenance chart shows 40K for spark plugs. That is my plan, for now (I'm at 12.9K miles currently).
Yep - I realized after I posted that I had missed a page in my quick look at the chart. I too will change in accordance with the maintenance chart recomendation.
 

Rrditch

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Ben
Joined
Aug 13, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
71
Reaction score
84
Location
Utah
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Trailhunter 1987 chevy R20 BB
4e+35
Great write-up! However, there are differences between the Tacoma and 2025 4runner.
*//////////////////////////
Different quantities of oil needed for 6th gen 4Runner:
Front Diff w/parttime 4WD – 1.4 qt.
Front Diff w/fulltime 4WD – 1.3 qt.

Rear Diff (except Trailhunter) – 5.9 qt.
Rear Diff Trailhunter – 6.9 qt. (Yes, this is correct!!)
1764963471050-6o.webp
Did not catch this note for the TH and was an extra qt so I was one short.
Sponsored

 
 







Top