Sponsored

BonRunner

TRD Sport Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
444
Reaction score
514
Location
Montana
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD Sport Premium / WCP
I have upgraded 33" tires (275/70/18) on the 18" Pro wheels and was concerning about smaller 31", dingy Goodyear tire on the spare 17" wheel.

Running mismatch tires' diameter can be bad for your differential.

After quick research, I settled on the RBP Repulsor A/T at 255/80/17 size that's 33". I haven't heard about this brand before but it's a decent Chinese-brand (tire was made in Morocco) & mostly positive feedback online. For a spare, I think it should be fine. I got Discount Tire to changed it out on my spare at $0 cost! 🙌

Fitting it back under the car wasn't an issue. All went smoothly & made the rear bit more aggressive 😅

The RBP Repulsor A/T tire was only $120 btw!

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Changed out spare tire to 33". Fits perfectly undercarriage! 20260918_162611
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Changed out spare tire to 33". Fits perfectly undercarriage! 20260917_165213
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Changed out spare tire to 33". Fits perfectly undercarriage! 20260917_165246
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Changed out spare tire to 33". Fits perfectly undercarriage! 20260918_162039
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Changed out spare tire to 33". Fits perfectly undercarriage! 20260917_171142
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Changed out spare tire to 33". Fits perfectly undercarriage! 20260918_161418
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Changed out spare tire to 33". Fits perfectly undercarriage! 20260918_162656
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Changed out spare tire to 33". Fits perfectly undercarriage! 20260918_162820
Sponsored

 

John2112

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
May 5, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
205
Reaction score
163
Location
Austin Texas
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner Trail Hunter & 2006 Toyota Matrix
I have upgraded 33" tires (275/70/18) on the 18" Pro wheels and was concerning about smaller 31", dingy Goodyear tire on the spare 17" wheel.

Running mismatch tires' diameter can be bad for your differential.

After quick research, I settled on the RBP Repulsor A/T at 255/80/17 size that's 33". I haven't heard about this brand before but it's a decent Chinese-brand (tire was made in Morocco) & mostly positive feedback online. For a spare, I think it should be fine. I got Discount Tire to changed it out on my spare at $0 cost! 🙌

Fitting it back under the car wasn't an issue. All went smoothly & made the rear bit more aggressive 😅

The RBP Repulsor A/T tire was only $120 btw!

20260918_162611.webp
20260917_165213.webp
20260917_165246.webp
20260918_162039.webp
20260917_171142.webp
20260918_161418.webp
20260918_162656.webp
20260918_162820.webp
Looks good. My Trail Hunter came stock with 33-in tires along with the spare, I assume they made that space the same for all models.
 

Xhale760

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
Kris
Joined
Feb 22, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
122
Reaction score
52
Location
San DIego
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner
when running the pro rims i used a fullsize spare. Now on different rims and on 35s. Need to figure out a spare -_-
 
OP
OP
BonRunner

BonRunner

TRD Sport Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
444
Reaction score
514
Location
Montana
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD Sport Premium / WCP
when running the pro rims i used a fullsize spare. Now on different rims and on 35s. Need to figure out a spare -_-
I had that in mind but 275/70/18 on 25mm offset Pro wheel wouldn't fit under the car. I don't want to get swing out tire carrier
 

ThatSickRIp

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
TSR
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Threads
14
Messages
221
Reaction score
88
Location
VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
Nice! Your spare wheel looks different than what was on my SR5. Mines a gloss black 5 spoke, but still skinny as hell and had to swap it when I got new tires.

I went with Cooper Discoverer AT3s that Tire Rack had for $180 each (had several sets on my F150s and no issues) so I got 5 and ordered a spare OEM SR5 wheel for $200 and placed that in the spare holder. Ill do 5 tire rotations since theyre all identical.

Got the look I was going for, matching spare, and all less than going with similar Falkens, Toyos or Nittos
 
OP
OP
BonRunner

BonRunner

TRD Sport Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
444
Reaction score
514
Location
Montana
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD Sport Premium / WCP
Looks like this bracket is what's keeping any tire larger than 33.2" for the spare.

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Changed out spare tire to 33". Fits perfectly undercarriage! 20260919_161611
 

RunnerRocks

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
RedDog
Joined
Dec 15, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
425
Reaction score
281
Location
Nature
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD ORP (non-hybrid)
There are two "L" shaped brackets that provide the upper and forward limits.

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Changed out spare tire to 33". Fits perfectly undercarriage! Spar
 

Desert_6Gen

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Feb 6, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
144
Reaction score
79
Location
Arizona
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Hate to burst your bubble; but it's already known 33's fit as the spare. Every trim except the SR5 has full size 33" spares. Why would you go cheap and buy no named tires? It's the only safety equipment separating the vehicles from the road. That's one thing you should never cheap out on.
 
OP
OP
BonRunner

BonRunner

TRD Sport Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
444
Reaction score
514
Location
Montana
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD Sport Premium / WCP
Hate to burst your bubble; but it's already known 33's fit as the spare. Every trim except the SR5 has full size 33" spares. Why would you go cheap and buy no named tires? It's the only safety equipment separating the vehicles from the road. That's one thing you should never cheap out on.
First off, not every trim gets a 33" spare. My TRD Sport Premium comes factory with a 245/75/17, which is a 31.5" tire.

Running a 31.5" spare alongside 33.2" main tires (275/70/18 Falken Wildpeak AT4Ws) is asking to fry differentials and freak out the drivetrain sensors if you get a flat. That was the whole point of replacing it.

Second, I have full replacement road hazard certificates through Discount Tire for my primary set. If a tire blows, the spare literally only exists to get me off the trail or down the road to the nearest shop for a free replacement.

Why blow $330+ on a name-brand 33" tire plus another 18" wheel when a $120 10-ply, E-load, 3PMSF tire on the steel 17" spare does the exact same emergency job? It’s a temporary spare, not a daily rotation tire.

Matching the rolling diameter to protect the drivetrain was the goal, and it's handled. You're blowing this way out of proportion.
 

Joestac

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2025
Threads
27
Messages
689
Reaction score
523
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Trailhunter
I had that in mind but 275/70/18 on 25mm offset Pro wheel wouldn't fit under the car. I don't want to get swing out tire carrier
FYI, I know you are happy with what you got, but a 275/70/18 will fit under there with there. The TRD Pro and Trailhunter wheels have the same offset, it is 20mm. I have 5 x 275/70/18 Toyo ATIII in E load at 33.19" diameter. Just in case you ever want to make changes.
 

RunnerRocks

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
RedDog
Joined
Dec 15, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
425
Reaction score
281
Location
Nature
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD ORP (non-hybrid)
Our ORP also has 5 x 275/70/18 Toyo ATIII tires in E load.

What difference does the wheel offset have on whether the spare fits or not ? The tire rubber tops out against the upper stops, not the wheel. The lift chain bracket might end up at a slightly different height.
Sponsored

 
 







Top