retirementOwl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Sharing the F platform is definitely widening the Midsize vehicles, at least in terms of track width. You can pull up spec sheets for the '24 GX and LX- the dimensions are way closer than you'd think. Hopefully someone can get measurements soon to see if a "Tundra swap" is possible, just like the old "Titan swap" on the Frontier. While I don't think 35s will be a problem at all, so far all the Hybrid models come with at least 18" wheels. I'm pretty sure it's to accommodate the bigger brakes that go with the higher curb weight.
Glad the 4Runner will be wider (track). I know the hybrids (TRD Pro & Trail Hunter) come with 18"s on the Tacoma, but I'm skeptical this as anything to do with larger brakes (I could be wrong). The F150 Raptor comes standard with 35" tires and 17" wheels. Same for Broncos with Sasquatch 35s. My guess is that the choice for 18" wheels for the top end Tacoma is perceived customer preference.

I definitely like the look of 17" wheels with 35" tires and prefer the taller side wall. Looks much more off-road oriented imo. Look at the new L.R. Defenders, they come with 19", 20" and 22" wheel options. That clearly shows Land Rover's de-emphasis on off-road prowess and focus on the wannabee mall crawling station wagon crowd.

EDIT: 2/9/24 12:31 - I just saw a video confirming that the wheels are 18" because of the large brakes

Last edited:
OP
OP

Henry

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4runner
Looking at the photos more closely and comparing against 5th gen, looks like the rear shock mounts are loc further inboard than the 5th gen.

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Spied Testing in Public! First Prototype Pics 2022-toyota-4runner-rear-view-carbuzz-1049066-1600

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Spied Testing in Public! First Prototype Pics 2025 4runner toyota spied (1)

Zerny

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Corolla SE
I absolutely do not mind if it's similar to the Land Cruiser however, the rear window needs to roll down. I know it sounds silly but that is a huge feature for my kids and our dog.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I absolutely do not mind if it's similar to the Land Cruiser however, the rear window needs to roll down. I know it sounds silly but that is a huge feature for my kids and our dog.
I hope the rear window will slide down but honestly won’t be to big of a deal for me if they add the window lifting up.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Looking at the photos more closely and comparing against 5th gen, looks like the rear shock mounts are loc further inboard than the 5th gen.

2022-toyota-4runner-rear-view-carbuzz-1049066-1600.jpg

2025 4runner toyota spied (1).jpg
I hope someone catches it driving again soon but we get to see the front end. I would assume they will start popping up around Colorado, Texas and more in Michigan. I will see one thing I also noticed off the bat from the spy shots that it has the 360 camera system like the Tacoma. You can kinda see the camera’s if you zoom in.

littlesigh

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLC300
So, just wondering if any of you well prepared observers out there have thoughts on the front end (Grill) going to look like what we see on the Tacoma TRD?
Thanks...

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
So, just wondering if any of you well prepared observers out there have thoughts on the front end (Grill) going to look like what we see on the Tacoma TRD?
Thanks...
Think how Toyota changed it slightly from Tundra to Sequoia. That’s how I feel Toyota will apply it for the 4Runner. TRD grill wise it should have “Toyota” written across the Grill for TRD Pro. Sport and Off Road will get the logo.

JIMIPRO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4R V8, 24 4Runner TRD Pro, 67 Dodge R/T
Is it me and my wishful thinking? If you look behind the rear window camo, Especially on the right side, doesn't it look like the same sliding window frame as the 5th Gen? That doesn't look like a pop up glass.

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Spied Testing in Public! First Prototype Pics 1707604649738
2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner Spied Testing in Public! First Prototype Pics 1707604625692

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Is it me and my wishful thinking? If you look behind the rear window camo, Especially on the right side, doesn't it look like the same sliding window frame as the 5th Gen? That doesn't look like a pop up glass.

1707604649738.png
1707604625692.png
Thinking about it, it does look like the same. Also another interesting thing is that the mesh cutout for the rear window looked to be Velcro in which could imply them opening it up if they need to test it at some point. We’ll have to wait and see other spy shots

Last edited:

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Apparently the TRD Off Road, TRD Pro, and Trailhunter trims of the Taco get some gnarly running gear. 9.5" full float rear axle and a 9" front clamshell with a bunch of other heavy duty parts. If that makes it to the 4Runner we're in business!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Apparently the TRD Off Road, TRD Pro, and Trailhunter trims of the Taco get some gnarly running gear. 9.5" full float rear axle and a 9" front clamshell with a bunch of other heavy duty parts. If that makes it to the 4Runner we're in business!

I feel like the majority of the things we see on the Tacoma will transfer to the 4Runner unless Toyota has some surprises! Overall should be a great product just like the past models.

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think if Toyota tries to launch this without the Trailhunter and TRD Pro versions ready for sale at debut they're missing the boat.

Old Spice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3 currently
I think if Toyota tries to launch this without the Trailhunter and TRD Pro versions ready for sale at debut they're missing the boat.
Wouldn't surprise me since the new 2024 Tacoma is on sale already without TRD Pro and Trailhunter trims for sale... and not even their pricing nor MPG have been announced.

Anyone have any idea why the delay? 🤷🏻‍♂️

But I agree, I hope we see a 2025 4Runner TRD Pro and Trailhunter versions immediately on sale at launch.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
They might do a Tacoma and offer them at a later date. I feel like also with the inclusion of the Land Cruiser and it being the I-Force Max might want to give that model some breathing room to sell some models first before Toyota offers that engine setup in the 4Runner.

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wouldn't surprise me since the new 2024 Tacoma is on sale already without TRD Pro and Trailhunter trims for sale... and not even their pricing nor MPG have been announced.

Anyone have any idea why the delay? 🤷🏻‍♂️

But I agree, I hope we see a 2025 4Runner TRD Pro and Trailhunter versions immediately on sale at launch.
Knowing Toyota it probably has to do with their goofy allocation process and needing to have stock available before launch. Worst thing you can do is debut it and not have inventory I suppose. BTW: The Tacoma's Jan 2024 sales stats were the lowest sales for the model in over a decade-- and it's a brand new vehicle. I'm still peeved at Toyota over the lack of sunroof in the Rav4 Woodland Edition, let alone dealers not having anything to test drive. Had that been available we may not have bought a Bronco Sport.

They might do a Tacoma and offer them at a later date. I feel like also with the inclusion of the Land Cruiser and it being the I-Force Max might want to give that model some breathing room to sell some models first before Toyota offers that engine setup in the 4Runner.
Might be the case. Makes me wonder then if the 4R is going to be a 3-row and the LC will be the 3-row?

I'm really torn between the Trailhunter (from what I've read and seen online) and a Gladiator Mojave, though the new Land Cruiser and 4Runner are making me have second thoughts entirely. I'm ready to order a JT but I want to see the Trailhunter first.