Sponsored

Wash and install(s)

the_Mayan_Infidel

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 22, 2026
Threads
9
Messages
56
Reaction score
69
Location
Oregon
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
Today, my 4R got a bath and so I finally got the chance to use my new detailing section I created in my garage. I also installed my pair of new Alpharex Luxx led tail lights which I ordered from YotaWolf Off-road. I also ATTEMPTED to install the Aspire Auto Accessories wide view mirrors. Below I give some detail regarding today's wash and install(s).

The car wash set-up:

RYOBI TOOLS USA pressure washer, McKillans quick connect kit, Giraffe Tools retractable hose reel, QUIVR Foam cannon, DiDiWash swivel pressure washer gun and MJJC Ultimate Snow Foam (THICK FOAM!).

I use Chemical Guys products for the tires, trim, windows, and I use Blackline Car Care Reset interior cleaner (Oasis scent) and their drying towel.

Installs:

Alpharex Luxx led tail lights. Install instructions can be found on their site. Removing the OEM lights are easy but I did use pliers to disconnect the single connectors. When installing the new lights, make sure the prongs are flush with the connector ports; after my initial install, they would not turn on, so I called customer service and they helped me figure it out. You will know all the prongs are inserted correctly because there should be an audible *click* when you plug them in.

Aspire Auto wide angle side mirrors. This was a tough attempt. There is an install video from Aspire but unfortunately there are differences in the mirror components. The removal of the plastic cover is a bit tough and you need to be careful not to muscle it too much or chances are, clips will break. Removing the actual mirrors is not too tough but when it came time to disconnecting the wires, that's where I could not continue. There are no instructions I could find to help me remove the existing wires, nor could i find anything to assist me with connecting the blind spot wires. I did call their number but no answer (left a message). This one will have to wait.

That is all 🫡

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) 20260922_173927


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) 20260922_201232


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) 20260922_125321


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) 20260922_132424


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) 20260922_125315


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) 20260922_143430


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) 20260922_132620


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) 20260922_125052


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) 20260922_171557


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) 20260922_130422


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) 20260922_130113


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) 20260922_171640


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) 20260922_140612


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) Picsart_26-09-23_09-45-34-075


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) Picsart_26-09-23_09-47-29-435
Sponsored

 

Silver Bullet

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
First Name
D
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
34
Reaction score
13
Location
Cali
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD ORP
How do you like Josh Vs foam canon? (QUIVR). He’s got some good products, but I don’t like the tire dressing.

If you’re looking for a good ceramic spray (not long term, can be applied after every wash) is YUM Ceramic spray. Smells great, and the gloss boost is the best I’ve used so far. Also, Luminus Black Diamond (mix of Carnubia and Ceramic) that also leaves a nice shine! Another company I tried as a topper is KATIBA Gloss booster that works well.

Im always messing around with car cleaning stuff. Lol. Uou did a nice job! This all my cleaning products (need to reorganize)

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) IMG_1152
 
OP
OP
the_Mayan_Infidel

the_Mayan_Infidel

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 22, 2026
Threads
9
Messages
56
Reaction score
69
Location
Oregon
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
The QUIVR Foam cannon is amazing! It has plenty of features that make it easy and effective to get the job done. Only other Foam cannon I used before was Chemical Guys big mouth cannon, and that thing sucked!!

The MJJC snow Foam is crazy! This stuff sprays on thick and it sticks for a good minute or so. I've used KochChemie GSF which was ok ,and also tried Chemical Guys Snow Foam; none of those compare to MJJC in way of thickness.

I do use Chemical Guys Diablo tire cleaner but not sure I like it. I just recently purchased other products to try which I have pictured below.

This car detailing hobby is new to me so I am also trying out various products. I know for a fact that I need a better pressure washer. Right now I am using the RYOBI 1800PSI 1.2 gpm washer which is OK but I am waiting for Josh to release his. Hopefully it's not too expensive.

Interested to know what Foam cannon and pressure washer you use.

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Wash and install(s) Screenshot_20260924_113541_Sho
 
OP
OP
the_Mayan_Infidel

the_Mayan_Infidel

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 22, 2026
Threads
9
Messages
56
Reaction score
69
Location
Oregon
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
How do you like Josh Vs foam canon? (QUIVR). He’s got some good products, but I don’t like the tire dressing.

If you’re looking for a good ceramic spray (not long term, can be applied after every wash) is YUM Ceramic spray. Smells great, and the gloss boost is the best I’ve used so far. Also, Luminus Black Diamond (mix of Carnubia and Ceramic) that also leaves a nice shine! Another company I tried as a topper is KATIBA Gloss booster that works well.

Im always messing around with car cleaning stuff. Lol. Uou did a nice job! This all my cleaning products (need to reorganize)

IMG_1152.webp
I think I replied to you by just adding a new comment 😅
 

Silver Bullet

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
First Name
D
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
34
Reaction score
13
Location
Cali
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD ORP
There’s so many products out there it’s insane! I will tell you (being you’re just getting into it) you will end up spending, and wasting a lot of money. Lol. I’ve wasted a lot of money on car detail products that just aren’t that good IMO. Was curious about the YUM citrus, but thinking it should work as good as most APCs out there.

I did use GSF when I first got into detailing my own cars, and it’s not bad. But, you have to use a lot to get a thicker foam, and yes the Chemical Guys foam cannon is trash!

I’m using a RYOBI 2000 pressure washer with a MJJC S V3.0. Along with a APEC deionized spot free wash setup from Home Depot. Your pressure washer should be fine for the time being, but I get wanting to upgrade. I think Josh V did a review on your pressure washer in his pressure washer reviews.
 
OP
OP
the_Mayan_Infidel

the_Mayan_Infidel

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 22, 2026
Threads
9
Messages
56
Reaction score
69
Location
Oregon
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5
There’s so many products out there it’s insane! I will tell you (being you’re just getting into it) you will end up spending, and wasting a lot of money. Lol. I’ve wasted a lot of money on car detail products that just aren’t that good IMO. Was curious about the YUM citrus, but thinking it should work as good as most APCs out there.

I did use GSF when I first got into detailing my own cars, and it’s not bad. But, you have to use a lot to get a thicker foam, and yes the Chemical Guys foam cannon is trash!

I’m using a RYOBI 2000 pressure washer with a MJJC S V3.0. Along with a APEC deionized spot free wash setup from Home Depot. Your pressure washer should be fine for the time being, but I get wanting to upgrade. I think Josh V did a review on your pressure washer in his pressure washer reviews.
Yeah, Josh did a review but it was for Ryobi's auto pressure washer which came out after I had purchased the one I have.

You are correct about spending so much money on this stuff lol, but it's fun as a mf'r!
 

Silver Bullet

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
First Name
D
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
34
Reaction score
13
Location
Cali
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD ORP
Yeah, Josh did a review but it was for Ryobi's auto pressure washer which came out after I had purchased the one I have.

You are correct about spending so much money on this stuff lol, but it's fun as a mf'r!
Lol. That it is.
Sponsored

 
 







Top