Sponsored

Picture Request... Anyone running 17x8.5 +25 w/ 315/70/17 tires and 2.5 inch lift.

Unit38

Trailhunter
Member
First Name
Joseph
Joined
Jun 18, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
17
Reaction score
25
Location
IL
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4runner Trailhunter
Hi everyone,

Been lurking for a minute, I just picked up a 2025 Trailhunter in IceCap.

I'm looking for some specific pictures, I purchased Westcott preload collar kit and I plan to purchase RRW RR7, 17x8.5 +25 and plan to add 315/70/17 Territory MTs. I can't seem to find many pictures of that particular set up. Most are +35 and 0. I'm looking to see some pics of the stance and how well the 315s with a +25 fill out the wheel wells esp. with the trailhunters larger flares, but any 4runner will do.

Thx
Joe

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Picture Request... Anyone running 17x8.5 +25 w/ 315/70/17 tires and 2.5 inch lift. TH


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Picture Request... Anyone running 17x8.5 +25 w/ 315/70/17 tires and 2.5 inch lift. TH1
Sponsored

 

odins_beer'd

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 2, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
167
Reaction score
174
Location
21230
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner SR5
I have a 3in front and 2in rear lift that probably sits closer to 2.5 with the tent.

My tires are 295/75R/17. So same diameter, yours would just be a bit wider (~0.8). Wheels are 17x8.5 +25

These are the only pictures Ihave currently, just had it done and been out of town.
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Picture Request... Anyone running 17x8.5 +25 w/ 315/70/17 tires and 2.5 inch lift. 1783350632741-sc
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Picture Request... Anyone running 17x8.5 +25 w/ 315/70/17 tires and 2.5 inch lift. 1783350614397-tf
 
OP
OP
Unit38

Unit38

Trailhunter
Member
First Name
Joseph
Joined
Jun 18, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
17
Reaction score
25
Location
IL
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4runner Trailhunter
I have a 3in front and 2in rear lift that probably sits closer to 2.5 with the tent.

My tires are 295/75R/17. So same diameter, yours would just be a bit wider (~0.8). Wheels are 17x8.5 +25

These are the only pictures Ihave currently, just had it done and been out of town.
1783350632741-sc.webp
1783350614397-tf.webp
Nice, do you get any poke with that size? I'm trying to get a sense with the TH flares if the tire would poke or be pretty even with the TH flares given their a little wider... Thx
 

odins_beer'd

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 2, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
167
Reaction score
174
Location
21230
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner SR5
I'll take some better picture later today. I do get a bit of poke albeit nothing crazy. Mind you, with your tire size you would get an additional ~0.4in of poke. My width is ~11.6 while yours would be ~12.4.

Worth noting, I did have to remove the crash brackets (6 bolts total, very easy) and then unscrew the plastic piece in the front of the wheel well. Now I have no rub. ARK makes a crash bracket delete cover that I installed for 50 bones that blocks off the gap afterwards.
 
OP
OP
Unit38

Unit38

Trailhunter
Member
First Name
Joseph
Joined
Jun 18, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
17
Reaction score
25
Location
IL
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4runner Trailhunter
I'll take some better picture later today. I do get a bit of poke albeit nothing crazy. Mind you, with your tire size you would get an additional ~0.4in of poke. My width is ~11.6 while yours would be ~12.4.

Worth noting, I did have to remove the crash brackets (6 bolts total, very easy) and then unscrew the plastic piece in the front of the wheel well. Now I have no rub. ARK makes a crash bracket delete cover that I installed for 50 bones that blocks off the gap afterwards.
Thanks for the info and pics.
 

FoeRunnuh

SR5
New member
First Name
Jared
Joined
Jul 24, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Santa Monica, CA
Vehicle(s)
2026 sr5
I have a 3in front and 2in rear lift that probably sits closer to 2.5 with the tent.

My tires are 295/75R/17. So same diameter, yours would just be a bit wider (~0.8). Wheels are 17x8.5 +25

These are the only pictures Ihave currently, just had it done and been out of town.

Did you have to do any trimming to run those tires even after the lift?
1783350632741-sc.webp
1783350614397-tf.webp
 

odins_beer'd

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 2, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
167
Reaction score
174
Location
21230
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner SR5
Not really, you'll have to take the crash brackets off. super easy and is about 6 bolts total for both sides. Then will want to get the ARK crash bracket delete covers. So keep those bolts from before.

In terms of actual trimming, there is a little plastic piece on the wheel wheel in the back towards the doors that i snipped off but i wouldn't call it trimming.

Overall super happy with the size, and their c load so not really wrecking my MPG as bad as E load would.

Also a weirdly cheap tire for that specific size. very hard to find, most places don't carry or are sold out.
 

edawg

TRD Pro
New member
Joined
Feb 25, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Location
hawaii
Vehicle(s)
4runner PRO
Hopefully this helps you out. Trd pro with 17x8.5 +15
Ridge grappler 35x12.5x17

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Picture Request... Anyone running 17x8.5 +25 w/ 315/70/17 tires and 2.5 inch lift. IMG_1220


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Picture Request... Anyone running 17x8.5 +25 w/ 315/70/17 tires and 2.5 inch lift. IMG_1041
Sponsored

 
 







Top