Sponsored

MARK4A3

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Sep 1, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
31
Reaction score
9
Location
Kitsap County, WA
Vehicle(s)
26 4Runner ORP Hybrid
Holy cow, that really is something. First oil change at 5K miles, which makes sense. But then most subsequent changes at 15K intervals, with occasional 10K intervals thrown in? Wow.

Even the Special Operating Conditions (aka severe conditions aka normal conditions for many owners) has 10k and 15K intervals, only reverting to 5K intervals at 100K miles of use. I'd like to think that these extended intervals demonstrate justified confidence in current oil and engine technologies, but really suspect this is more for environmental concerns. So owners who wish to keep their engines alive for a long time would be wise to adopt more frequent changes. I know I would.

What makes me question these charts even more is the 5K intervals for rear differential oil replacement starting at 100K miles of use in Special Operating Conditions. Every 5K miles? That can't be right?

However, if this is all accurate I do appreciate that Toyota seems to be thoughtful about what's really needed. Having some intervals at 10K and others at 15K, and shortening the intervals at higher mileage, hopefully suggests there's actual science behind this schedule.
I’ll stick to 3k intervals
Sponsored

 



Top