Sponsored

Can part # PT974-35250 (Front Tow Hooks) be used for kinetic recovery?

5Runner

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Hybrid
I have a 6th gen ORP, and it comes with two black U shaped hooked in the front. I was told these are only for simple tie down, and not for off road recovery.
So I seached it up, and toyota has PT974-35250. Can these be used for off road recovery like kinetic snatch etc?

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Can part # PT974-35250 (Front Tow Hooks) be used for kinetic recovery? Screenshot 2026-09-07 at 6.13.28 PM
Sponsored

 

Turbo8

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 13, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
54
Reaction score
48
Location
Las Vegas
Vehicle(s)
LX570, 250, GX550 ot, 3rd gen 4runner
Toyota claims the stock black hoops are tow hooks that will handle the full GVWR of the vehicle to be towed onto a flat bed.

The TRD ones look cooler but still attatch with the same 2 bolts, the bolts are the weakest link.

The tow hooks on the 6th gen are way better than the 5th gen and can handle a lot more abuse.
 

rosnaby

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
alex
Joined
Dec 25, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
76
Reaction score
32
Location
new jersey
Vehicle(s)
4runner trd off road premium hybrid
I have a 6th gen ORP, and it comes with two black U shaped hooked in the front. I was told these are only for simple tie down, and not for off road recovery.
So I seached it up, and toyota has PT974-35250. Can these be used for off road recovery like kinetic snatch etc?

Screenshot 2026-09-07 at 6.13.28 PM.webp
Had a jeep yank on my front recovery hooks with a kinetic when I was stuck, but it didnt actually work and i had to be recovered from the back hook (the jeep just didnt have enough room at the front to work)…but i dont see any damage to my hooks or bolts and i cant imagine these red hooks are any weaker if they use the same bolts… I realize now I shouldnt have used the front but if you are really stuck and cant access the back idk why you couldnt try and use them cautiously.

To be honest after getting stuck tho, im saving up for a bumper winch before i add any more 100-150$ upgrades here and there, realized i should have done that from the get go if I'm actually worried about being stuck. Having aesthetic upgrades and being out in the wilderness makes u question a lot of things lol
Sponsored

 
 







Top