- First Name
- Bob
- Joined
- Jun 15, 2026
- Threads
- 1
- Messages
- 12
- Reaction score
- 16
- Location
- Black Hills South Dakota
- Website
- bobcape.myportfolio.com
- Vehicle(s)
- 2026 4Runner Off Road Premium iForceMAX
OK. I received my Hele Box Solo platform and the sleeping pad system. I really like it. It is well built, very adjustable and does not rattle or squeak. I am a Wildlife & Landscape Photographer. I do a lot of 2 to 4-night solo trips, this entire setup works well for me. Here are the details.
The Sleep system is the Hele Box Solo platform and mattress pad - https://heleoutdoors.com/products/hele-box-carcamping
I use a BougeRV dual-zone fridge/freezer with internal battery. Either side can be a fridge or freezer or both. The internal battery will run the unit for 6-9 hours depending on the outside temp. https://www.bougerv.com/products/dual-zone-portable-fridge-freezer?variant=44890320109784
I use a Bluetti AC180 battery to run the fridge, my CPAP, charge batteries, phone and run a 12V electric blanket if needed. The Bluetti AC180 is an older model, I would look for something newer. I charge the Bluetti as I drive from the 4Runner's inverter. Here is where the iForce MAX Hybrid has a huge advantage. It has a 2,400W inverter. It charges the Bluetti back to 100% very quickly. Since the BougeRV fridge is plugged into the Bluetti, its internal battery gets charged via the Bluetti. So I only have one item connected to my inverter. If I run the fridge, CPAP, charge my phone and camera batteries over night, the Bluetti will drop to about 66% charge in one night. If I run the CPAP, charge phone and batteries and use the 12V electric blanket (the fridge will run off of its internal battery) the Bluetti will drop to about 59%.
With only the BougeRV fridge drawing from the Bluetti, my 4Runner's 2,400W inverter will charge at a rate of about 520W. During the course of my day the Bluetti gets topped off to 100%. As long as I REMEMBER to turn the dang inverter on!
This is a system that works great for my needs. Here are a few cellphone snaps of my setup.
The Sleep system is the Hele Box Solo platform and mattress pad - https://heleoutdoors.com/products/hele-box-carcamping
I use a BougeRV dual-zone fridge/freezer with internal battery. Either side can be a fridge or freezer or both. The internal battery will run the unit for 6-9 hours depending on the outside temp. https://www.bougerv.com/products/dual-zone-portable-fridge-freezer?variant=44890320109784
I use a Bluetti AC180 battery to run the fridge, my CPAP, charge batteries, phone and run a 12V electric blanket if needed. The Bluetti AC180 is an older model, I would look for something newer. I charge the Bluetti as I drive from the 4Runner's inverter. Here is where the iForce MAX Hybrid has a huge advantage. It has a 2,400W inverter. It charges the Bluetti back to 100% very quickly. Since the BougeRV fridge is plugged into the Bluetti, its internal battery gets charged via the Bluetti. So I only have one item connected to my inverter. If I run the fridge, CPAP, charge my phone and camera batteries over night, the Bluetti will drop to about 66% charge in one night. If I run the CPAP, charge phone and batteries and use the 12V electric blanket (the fridge will run off of its internal battery) the Bluetti will drop to about 59%.
With only the BougeRV fridge drawing from the Bluetti, my 4Runner's 2,400W inverter will charge at a rate of about 520W. During the course of my day the Bluetti gets topped off to 100%. As long as I REMEMBER to turn the dang inverter on!
Sponsored
Last edited: