Sponsored

Vincenzo

TRD Sport Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
393
Reaction score
301
Location
Southeast
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I’m waiting for the intercooler and inlet. I’m sure they will do a package
Sponsored

 

Scrappopatamus

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Aug 25, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
300
Reaction score
205
Location
Midway KY
Vehicle(s)
'25 TRD Pro '25 TRD ORPMAX '25 LC250 Prem
I spoke with them several weeks ago and they're being tight lipped regarding what if anything they might be working on. I've also spoken at length with SXTH regarding where they're at and when they hope to have their products to market. I doubt these 2 will be the last, and I'm guessing Toyota themselves will watch closely and possibly develop their own massaged version for sale. I'm excited with what the future brings. Increased performance with enhanced efficiency, who would have thought 5 years ago we would be lining up to to purchase a sizable sport utility running a 4 cylinder engine?
 

jrdees916

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Oct 23, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
56
Reaction score
75
Location
Urbandale
Vehicle(s)
4runner hybrid TRD Pro
I agree hopefully we can expand even further with upgraded turbos. I believe so far the market is there and I do believe Toyota will be keeping this version of the engine for awhile. I just got my magnaflow exhaust today and getting OTT this Sunday so can’t wait to see how everything works in sync to really open the 4Runners capability
 

Scrappopatamus

TRD Pro
Well-known member
First Name
Barry
Joined
Aug 25, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
300
Reaction score
205
Location
Midway KY
Vehicle(s)
'25 TRD Pro '25 TRD ORPMAX '25 LC250 Prem
I agree hopefully we can expand even further with upgraded turbos. I believe so far the market is there and I do believe Toyota will be keeping this version of the engine for awhile. I just got my magnaflow exhaust today and getting OTT this Sunday so can’t wait to see how everything works in sync to really open the 4Runners capability
Agreed completely. I'm all in on studying gains with the inlet pipe, boost tubes, upgraded intercooler and cold air intake. Decreasing turbulence in the intake tract, along with increasing air and fuel through the engine equates to more power. Increasing air flow while reducing turbulence also drops the intake charge temperature. When temperatures drop, power goes up because you're able to feed the engine a much denser charge. I would love to see the difference in differing exhausts. Many of these might sound cool but are often less efficient than the stock system. Adding a tune and remapping the transmission and you're sure to see an enhancement over a stand alone tune. Over time the FIA has drastically changed the rules in Formula 1. Manufacturers scramble for several years and then the engineers have that moment of clarity where performance and efficiency skyrockets until the FIA steps in and adds yet another hurdle. These trucks and the power and efficiency we're experiencing were derived on the racetrack. The mods offered today seem insane, yet it's text book know how from brilliant individuals. We're running an engine that performs like a diesel considering where the max power and torque are derived, yet run on gasoline with emissions intact. I'm guessing these engines were spawned by the diesel Audis that dominated World Endurance Racing for a decade. Who would have thought that a diesel race car would win Lemans repeatedly. Probably the same folks who figured they could get 350 + drivable and reliable HP out of a 4 cylinder gasoline engine with a hybrid component.
 

TMLifer

Limited
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
172
Reaction score
83
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Limited iForce Max Hybrid
Banks promptly replied back to me recently to inform me that they made the design change to the intake that addresses the issue with one of the clip / rivet hole locations that didn't line up with anything. They said the clip / rivet hole at 4 o'clock position on the intake now lines up properly for the 2025-2026 4Runners when you purchase the Banks Ram-Air cold air intake.
 
Last edited:

jlostetter

Limited
Member
First Name
Jared
Joined
Sep 24, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
12
Reaction score
8
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
6th Gen, Limited, i ForceMax, Pearl
I just ordered mine for limited/max . Comes in this week. Hoping to see a little on the gains
 

TMLifer

Limited
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
172
Reaction score
83
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Limited iForce Max Hybrid
I just ordered mine for limited/max . Comes in this week. Hoping to see a little on the gains
I'm also planning to purchase and install it, but once I put more miles on my Limited/Max. My Limited/Max is still in the break-in period for the engine.
 

jlostetter

Limited
Member
First Name
Jared
Joined
Sep 24, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
12
Reaction score
8
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
6th Gen, Limited, i ForceMax, Pearl
Yeah I’m 6k now and figured it was good . They also have it made for the 6th Gen so that fitment in the front is recitfied
 

Mike N

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 15, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
182
Reaction score
139
Location
Rochester, NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner
I installed both the Banks Ram-Air CAI and boost tubes on my '25 non-hybrid ORP. Easy install for the intake a bit more challenging for the boost tubes. I noticed an immediate difference in power, throttle response, and cool turbo sounds especially if you leave the snorkeling cover off. No check engine lights or issues of any kind. After several months I continue to be impressed and am glad I did these upgrades. There are clear benefits to this setup over other brands. It also dress up the engine bay for sure. It's my opinion if you are upgrading your intake and/or boost tubes, these are the best aftermarket products.
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Banks Tuning Ram Air Intake installed on non-hybrid gas 2025 4Runner TRD Sport Premium 20260622_164951
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Banks Tuning Ram Air Intake installed on non-hybrid gas 2025 4Runner TRD Sport Premium 20260622_165012
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Banks Tuning Ram Air Intake installed on non-hybrid gas 2025 4Runner TRD Sport Premium 20260622_165023
 

TMLifer

Limited
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
172
Reaction score
83
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Limited iForce Max Hybrid
Did you also buy and do the Accessport tuning or just upgrade to the CAI and boost tubes?
 

jrdees916

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Oct 23, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
56
Reaction score
75
Location
Urbandale
Vehicle(s)
4runner hybrid TRD Pro
Looks great. Did you do a tune yet? You really want it to wake up the tune will utilize all the parts together and fix the issues Toyota didn’t. After a week go through and check the clamps due to cycles. Banks recommended that to me.
 

jrdees916

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Oct 23, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
56
Reaction score
75
Location
Urbandale
Vehicle(s)
4runner hybrid TRD Pro
Mine looks the exact same it is from victory 4x4.
Sponsored

 
 







Top