TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I love how all these are shots of the rear thus far. Overall like the shape of it. Based on rims and wheels this looks to be the TRD Sport

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
One thing I noticed just now looking at the photos in detail, it seems that the front fenders also have the aero slot that the Tacoma has. You can see it just a little bit.
2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner spotted in Arizona near Toyota Proving Grounds (2/15/24) IMG_7977

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
Many will want the legacy roll-down rear window, but not me. I can testify from operating off-road in extremely dusty conditions that silt migrates down inside the sliding window area, a bad thing.

TNGAF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
That windshield looks super raked from these angles. I wish they would have gone with a design more upright, like the FJ, LC250/GX550. Upright windshield also looks better with a boxy rear end. Raked windshield with a box rear gives it a Wagoneer vibe, which isn’t the best look.

retirementOwl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Many will want the legacy roll-down rear window, but not me. I can testify from operating off-road in extremely dusty conditions that silt migrates down inside the sliding window area, a bad thing.
No, rolldown rear window is a beloved must have!

IceColdNorth

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
No, rolldown rear window is a beloved must have!
David Chao, the video blogger from Automotive Press, suggested that he'd heard from one of the Toyota/Lexus engineers that there are certain "signature" elements vehicle elements that the designers have in mind during the redesign process. The comment was made during Chao's YouTube review of the GX550, but I interpreted that comment as a plus for legacy 4Runner owners, like you, who love the roll-down rear window. While there are exceptions, the online community has been vocal about this hoped-for design element. I predict the design teams are listening ...

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Couple more looks:

2025 toyota 4runner 6th gen prototype spied 1.jpg

Spy shot 2025 toyota 4runner 6th gen prototype.jpg
These are really great photos. Seems like the 4Runner will get more room in the trunk based on the super up close side view!

2chains

First Name
ruder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 4runner Limited Blizzard Pearl
Nice one!!!

That angle from driver side of the rear window around to the driver side is interesting. Hope that is not a windshield wiper poking out from that location!

That front windshield appears to be very sloped... and... was hoping for more square shaped side mirrors like the new Land Cruiser.

Any idea if the Land Cruiser will be available for sale in Canada before we see what the T4R looks like?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Nice one!!!

That angle from driver side of the rear window around to the driver side is interesting. Hope that is not a windshield wiper poking out from that location!

That front windshield appears to be very sloped... and... was hoping for more square shaped side mirrors like the new Land Cruiser.

Any idea if the Land Cruiser will be available for sale in Canada before we see what the T4R looks like?
I must be missing something but I don’t see the rear wiper blade you are mentioning about.

As for Side mirrors, it was always going to have the side mirrors of the Tacoma. I feel like the square side mirrors look and make the most sense on the LC given its boxy appearance. The Land Cruiser is said to be available in the Spring time which is soon.

2chains

First Name
ruder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 4runner Limited Blizzard Pearl
^^Poking by the rear window is more vertical like ...kind of like a Gobi rear ladder edge...

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner spotted in Arizona near Toyota Proving Grounds (2/15/24) Spy shot 2025 toyota 4runner 6th gen prototype

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
^^Poking by the rear window is more vertical like ...kind of like a Gobi rear ladder edge...

Spy shot 2025 toyota 4runner 6th gen prototype.jpg
That’s body cladding that automakers use to conceal parts of the body so that the public and competition can’t make out the final design.

JIMIPRO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 4R V8, 24 4Runner TRD Pro, 67 Dodge R/T
The front windshield angle looks the same as the new Tacoma. I like the rake of the 3rd and 5th Gen better. I have a 4th Gen and it slopes more and the front side windows have less visibility. Also the Moonroof is farther back in the roof so it's not as visible from the front seats.

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner spotted in Arizona near Toyota Proving Grounds (2/15/24) 1708139338846

2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner spotted in Arizona near Toyota Proving Grounds (2/15/24) IMG_6479.JPG
2025 Toyota 4runner 2025 4Runner spotted in Arizona near Toyota Proving Grounds (2/15/24) IMG_5768.JPG