Sponsored

What are people actually paying for their 4Runners right now?

josiahg52

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Josiah
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
286
Reaction score
142
Location
Maine, United States
Vehicle(s)
2026 Trailhunter, 2018 Ram 2500, 2001 BMW M5, 2001 BMW X5 35d
That is interesting. I'm in Dripping and I had called Boerne because they had a Trailhunter for $3700 under MSRP. Their manager said to get the "internet price" I would have to pay full price for their tint, ceramic coating, and GPS. I declined and landed one at Keeting Toyota in Houston for $4600 under after I finally got them to take the GPS off. I wouldn't recommend them, but I was able to get a decent price.
What was the nature of the GPS charge? What function or feature were they charging for?
Sponsored

 

Joestac

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2025
Threads
27
Messages
687
Reaction score
521
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Trailhunter
What was the nature of the GPS charge? What function or feature were they charging for?
$1600 line item for Apex GPS Protection. They give you a year of being able to track the location of your vehicle with a mobile app. What they don't tell you unless you read the ToS is they also sell your driving data to insurance companies and their partners. Also, once the year is up if you don't renew, they still get access to your continued data and you don't get to see it.
 

trailreadyrigs

TRD Off-Road Premium
New member
First Name
Rudy
Joined
Jun 21, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
*1989LT500r*
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner TRD OffRoad Premium
$1600 line item for Apex GPS Protection. They give you a year of being able to track the location of your vehicle with a mobile app. What they don't tell you unless you read the ToS is they also sell your driving data to insurance companies and their partners. Also, once the year is up if you don't renew, they still get access to your continued data and you don't get to see it.
Yup, as soon as I got mine home. I took it out of my vehicle. It is a pain. They tie it into your ignition wire harness and the factory wire harness behind the glove box.

I always take these out as they can cause a lot of electrical issues. Key fob issues, battery drain, our car would shut off in drive through lines. They can be electrical nightmares. The worst part is that they just cut directly into your factory harness.
 

Ed81

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Ed
Joined
Jun 8, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
17
Reaction score
23
Location
LA County
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tundra
Heck Yeah man. We both got a good deal. How do you like it?

we bought ours June 19
I got mine on 6/16. Growing to like it more each day. Coming from gen 3 tundra, I was missing the interior space and the height of the tundra. But 4Runner interior is nicer than sr5 tundra. I’m looking at leveling option and wheels/tires
 

CowtownYoda

SR5
Member
First Name
Josh
Joined
Jul 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Location
DFW
Vehicle(s)
2026 4runner SR5, 2025 Porsche Cayman GTS, 2021 Audi TTRS
2026 SR5, got it for invoice without any real issues or push. Only dealer add was tint, and it was reasonable for ceramic tint (assuming they actually installed ceramic tint lol).

I did a lease. Toyota had a decent lease if you do the one pay option which lowers the MF a ton and gets me a tax credit (TX where you have to pay full amount up front) so dropped the tax rate to 1% from 6.25. Ended up being below 1%/month all in. Standard/non one pay lease on the car was horrendous.

Love the car, first Toyota. My industry buys a lot of manufacturing equipment from Japan, so I visit Japan for factory visits a lot. Once you have walked a typical Japanese factory it's hard to buy from anywhere else.
 
Last edited:

Blackie1

Limited
Well-known member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Jun 9, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
46
Reaction score
29
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner
I got mine on June 24th. Limited 4wd and they only added on roof rails and a cargo cover. I got it for $58,100 plus the taxes and typical shipping costs. Traded in my 2021 SR5 Premium with 141,000 miles on it and I got $23,000 for it on the trade. I talked to the GM in May about ordering it and he got it held for me and I'm very happy with the purchase.
 

Tenzen

New member
Joined
Sep 6, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
CT
Vehicle(s)
BAIC BJ40
Now that we're deeper into the near end of 2026, are there good discounts off MSRP/invoice on the 2026 4Rs? I'm looking for an SR5 4WD. Thanks!
 

TMLifer

Limited
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Threads
5
Messages
171
Reaction score
82
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Limited iForce Max Hybrid
I got mine on June 24th. Limited 4wd and they only added on roof rails and a cargo cover. I got it for $58,100 plus the taxes and typical shipping costs. Traded in my 2021 SR5 Premium with 141,000 miles on it and I got $23,000 for it on the trade. I talked to the GM in May about ordering it and he got it held for me and I'm very happy with the purchase.
Gas or hybrid?
 

josiahg52

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Josiah
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
286
Reaction score
142
Location
Maine, United States
Vehicle(s)
2026 Trailhunter, 2018 Ram 2500, 2001 BMW M5, 2001 BMW X5 35d
July 28, 2026 delivery 2026 Trailhunter Everest Green - Cargo cover only option

$67,500 all in.

I handled sales tax, registration, and titling myself, less than $3800 total.
 

sstarrx2

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Nov 1, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
256
Reaction score
111
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner SR5
July 28, 2026 delivery 2026 Trailhunter Everest Green - Cargo cover only option

$67,500 all in.

I handled sales tax, registration, and titling myself, less than $3800 total.
Wow...$70,000!! Was not long ago you could buy a nice Porsche for that!
 

josiahg52

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Josiah
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
286
Reaction score
142
Location
Maine, United States
Vehicle(s)
2026 Trailhunter, 2018 Ram 2500, 2001 BMW M5, 2001 BMW X5 35d
Wow...$70,000!! Was not long ago you could buy a nice Porsche for that!
Yes, "not long ago" around that time you could get a 4Runner for $30k!
 

josiahg52

Trailhunter
Well-known member
First Name
Josiah
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
286
Reaction score
142
Location
Maine, United States
Vehicle(s)
2026 Trailhunter, 2018 Ram 2500, 2001 BMW M5, 2001 BMW X5 35d
Well...not really. 2011 was 15 years ago maybe.
Your observation is nonsensical. You're comparing the entire Porsche catalog to a single model. But, in 2011, a base 4Runner was about $30K, a Boxster was about $50K, and a base 911 Carrera was almost $80K. I'm still not sure what the Porsche comparison is supposed to demonstrate. If you go to back the early 2000s, your observation, while non-sequitur, actually pans out when speaking of contemporary MSRPs, that is, not adjusted for 2026, but still depends on the specific model of Porsche and trim.

Received from AI: Interestingly, the 2026 Trailhunter specifically is only about $5k more than the 2011 Limited, adjusting for the value of the USD.

Personal anecdote: In 2001, I had just purchased a 1996 Tahoe LT for about $18k. Later that year, near Saratoga Springs, NY, I saw a 1999 Carerra 4 for $45k. In 2001 that was a ~$70k MSRP vehicle. $45k today is about $85k today. A 2024 Carrera 4 had an MSRP of near $115k and is probably found for ~$140 today.
Sponsored

 
 







Top