Sponsored

Moving dash controls to the MM display

Lamuncha

Limited
Well-known member
First Name
Don
Joined
Sep 26, 2025
Threads
11
Messages
159
Reaction score
83
Location
new england
Vehicle(s)
2025 4 runner
Is it possible to add/move the five or six heating/AC/etc toggle switches to the MM display.
I am having a difficult time safely using them while driving.

Too much time with eyes off the road to identify and actuate the things.

Any other suggestions to safely use these would be appreciated.


Thanks
Sponsored

 

127.0.0.1

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Oct 9, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
850
Reaction score
736
Location
earf
Vehicle(s)
a bunch of Toyotas
it is technically possible,
but can anyone do it without rewriting firmware, nope.

make it safer ? why not keep driving and learn the controls
so over time you develop instant reflexes that do not distract when you need to
adjust something. typically most if not all drivers 'become one' with
the vehicle after some time and many control actions become automatic
 
Last edited:

BonRunner

TRD Sport Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
478
Reaction score
553
Location
Montana
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD Sport Premium / WCP
Is it possible to add/move the five or six heating/AC/etc toggle switches to the MM display.
I am having a difficult time safely using them while driving.

Too much time with eyes off the road to identify and actuate the things.

Any other suggestions to safely use these would be appreciated.


Thanks
Sounds like you need a pair of glasses 🥸
 
OP
OP

Lamuncha

Limited
Well-known member
First Name
Don
Joined
Sep 26, 2025
Threads
11
Messages
159
Reaction score
83
Location
new england
Vehicle(s)
2025 4 runner
It is sort of interesting. All the other things I have driven I pretty much get it fairly quickly.
Not this one, 7000 miles, one year and the only one I can safely (sort of) use is the fan control. Even then I have to look down to find the correct one.
Either I am not intuitive or the controls aren't.
Base on lack of other complaints I worry about the answer.
😬
 
OP
OP

Lamuncha

Limited
Well-known member
First Name
Don
Joined
Sep 26, 2025
Threads
11
Messages
159
Reaction score
83
Location
new england
Vehicle(s)
2025 4 runner
Sounds like you need a pair of glasses 🥸
You are onto something.
I wear bifocals, lower great for reading, upper great for distance. Dashboard is in between and blurry.
I bought a pair of driving glasses but they ended up a PITA.

So it goes.
🤓
 

BonRunner

TRD Sport Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
478
Reaction score
553
Location
Montana
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD Sport Premium / WCP
You are onto something.
I wear bifocals, lower great for reading, upper great for distance. Dashboard is in between and blurry.
I bought a pair of driving glasses but they ended up a PITA.

So it goes.
🤓
There you go! Mystery solved 😂

You're the first I hear that complain about the HVAC switches. Lexus GX550's owners hate their integrated on-screen HVAC buttons. Those are not tactile, you don't get the feel if you changing or not and sometime can be missed when on uneven road. Appreciate what you have lol!
 

Bryce0291

TRD Pro
Active member
First Name
Bryce
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
27
Reaction score
27
Location
Northern VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4 Runner TRD Pro
Is it possible to add/move the five or six heating/AC/etc toggle switches to the MM display.
I am having a difficult time safely using them while driving.

Too much time with eyes off the road to identify and actuate the things.

Any other suggestions to safely use these would be appreciated.


Thanks
I've become used to it by which of my fingers land on specific buttons when my arm is resting on the gear select. For example my middle turns up and down the air flow power. Left index controls which vents the air flow comes out of floor windshield etc. lol hope that helps 😂
 

RunnerRocks

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
RedDog
Joined
Dec 15, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
431
Reaction score
283
Location
Nature
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD ORP (non-hybrid)
You're the first I hear that complain about the HVAC switches. Lexus GX550's owners hate their integrated on-screen HVAC buttons. Those are not tactile, you don't get the feel if you changing or not and sometime can be missed when on uneven road. Appreciate what you have lol!
^^this^^

Our 2020 Ford Ranger had both manual and on-screen buttons. Manual buttons were dinky and impossible to find or see in the dark. On-screen buttons were like playing whack-a-mole to get a finger in the correct location.

Our ORP manual controls are great, simplicity... with the exception of lacking dual-climate :rolleyes:

Progressive glasses are great for driving. Easy to see the road and interior. Feels natural once adjusted to them.
 
OP
OP

Lamuncha

Limited
Well-known member
First Name
Don
Joined
Sep 26, 2025
Threads
11
Messages
159
Reaction score
83
Location
new england
Vehicle(s)
2025 4 runner
Or you can look like a lunatic in traffic yelling at the steering wheel.

Apparently voice commands will adjust temp., fan speed, on off AC , or power up/down the whole mess.

The defrost is not in there but AC will solve that.
I think seat heat/cooling is in there.

Looks like I won't have to use my left index finger after all.
Sponsored

 
 







Top