Sponsored

Length difference of OEM and Flexible/Urethane (RokBlokx/Rally Armor) Mudflaps?

CuttingedgeSport

TRD Sport Premium
Active member
Joined
Apr 20, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
44
Reaction score
44
Location
Wisconsin
Vehicle(s)
2025 TRD Sport 4wd
I have a TRD Sport Premium with the OEM port installed hard plastic splash/mud guards.

I haven’t had a problem yet, but I am considering buying some flexible flaps to give more clearance over rough terrain, and to keep snow/ice from packing onto the hard flaps.

Also, after recently installing some Nokian Outpost NAT tires in 275/60/20 (awesome upgrade by the way), these slightly wider tires show a bit more beyond the OEM mudguards where there they have a notch between the fender flares.


My reasons to replace the OEM guards are:

1. Flaps that hang as low or lower than OEM (I need measurements of distance below body panels for front and rear flaps)
2. Flaps that are flexible in cold weather and won’t stress the flares or panels to which they are attached if the flaps are impacted or folded back
3. Flaps that stick out slightly wider than OEM guards to protect the rear door lower cheek kick-outs

I want to see if RokBlockz or Rally Armor flaps will one or both achieve my objectives and justification for the replacement of OEM parts.

Any user/owner experiences are welcome!
Sponsored

 

Mad Ghost

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Justin
Joined
Jan 31, 2025
Threads
34
Messages
484
Reaction score
493
Location
Wylie Texas
Vehicle(s)
4Runner ORP and Avalon
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Length difference of OEM and Flexible/Urethane (RokBlokx/Rally Armor) Mudflaps? IMG_7014

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Length difference of OEM and Flexible/Urethane (RokBlokx/Rally Armor) Mudflaps? mudflaps
These are the Rally Armor I don't have measurements handy but you can see they come down a pretty good bit, I think they could go a little bit wider than I have them set currently but I feel they provide good protection. They have been bent going over obstacles and show no sign of wear. The drivers door and side after rain/mud etc show zero signs of spray on the body which is what I wanted to protect.
 

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
2,747
Reaction score
1,557
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
I have a TRD Sport Premium with the OEM port installed hard plastic splash/mud guards.

I haven’t had a problem yet, but I am considering buying some flexible flaps to give more clearance over rough terrain, and to keep snow/ice from packing onto the hard flaps.

Also, after recently installing some Nokian Outpost NAT tires in 275/60/20 (awesome upgrade by the way), these slightly wider tires show a bit more beyond the OEM mudguards where there they have a notch between the fender flares.


My reasons to replace the OEM guards are:

1. Flaps that hang as low or lower than OEM (I need measurements of distance below body panels for front and rear flaps)
2. Flaps that are flexible in cold weather and won’t stress the flares or panels to which they are attached if the flaps are impacted or folded back
3. Flaps that stick out slightly wider than OEM guards to protect the rear door lower cheek kick-outs

I want to see if RokBlockz or Rally Armor flaps will one or both achieve my objectives and justification for the replacement of OEM parts.

Any user/owner experiences are welcome!
i am in the same boat. the oem flaps for the front wheels is completely lacking as they dont sit low enough to mitigate the debris hitting the rear passenger door kickout, especially during winter snow/slush caking and building up on that door kickout.

i have rekgen's on the tundra and they work perfectly on the 2023 tundra but i emailed them about maybe some for the 4R since they have some for the tundra/tacoma but i got a canned response of "they are looking into it"

this might turn into a $$$ trial and error to find a set that sits low enough for the 4R
 

RunnerRocks

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
RedDog
Joined
Dec 15, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
425
Reaction score
281
Location
Nature
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD ORP (non-hybrid)
i am in the same boat. the oem flaps for the front wheels is completely lacking as they dont sit low enough to mitigate the debris hitting the rear passenger door kickout, especially during winter snow/slush caking and building up on that door kickout.

i have rekgen's on the tundra and they work perfectly on the 2023 tundra but i emailed them about maybe some for the 4R since they have some for the tundra/tacoma but i got a canned response of "they are looking into it"

this might turn into a $$$ trial and error to find a set that sits low enough for the 4R
I have also pinged REK GEN, but no reply.

Waited patiently for Rokblokz, but they are not offering an XL length which worked well on my previous Ranger. Also, they're two sizes are too wide (like most) as we have little poke out.

We have the OEM running boards which protect the sides, so no need for more length for the front flaps.

Our Tufskinz flaps just arrived, which fit flush with ORP flares and cover that small gap. I'll get some pics once installed.

Need to get something on to replace the OEM molded flaps to prevent body damage in case of contact. The rear OEM guards are rigid and have fasteners into the bottom of the lower body panel. There is no flex. Back into anything, the results won't be good which one member here found out.
 

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
2,747
Reaction score
1,557
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
I have also pinged REK GEN, but no reply.

Waited patiently for Rokblokz, but they are not offering an XL length which worked well on my previous Ranger. Also, they're two sizes are too wide (like most) as we have little poke out.

We have the OEM running boards which protect the sides, so no need for more length for the front flaps.

Our Tufskinz flaps just arrived, which fit flush with ORP flares and cover that small gap. I'll get some pics once installed.

Need to get something on to replace the OEM molded flaps to prevent body damage in case of contact. The rear OEM guards are rigid and have fasteners into the bottom of the lower body panel. There is no flex. Back into anything, the results won't be good which one member here found out.
i optioned this platinum the way the wife has her 23 tundra platinum. she has been on the fence about down sizing and being able to park in the garage again. the cold winters and cleaning the snow off the tundra in the mornings before going to work is starting to get to her.

since the 23 tundra has auto boards this 4R has them also. the oem flaps are useless. so i need something better to protect the rear passenger doors from debris kickup.

if she take this 4R, the next once i get (silver platinum) will have just the oem running boards. i had them on the 2014 so i never had the issue, but the auto boards completely change the game for protection .
 

DangItsDen

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Hayden
Joined
Mar 2, 2025
Threads
51
Messages
494
Reaction score
515
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Off-Road Premium + 2015 4Runner Trail Edition
IMG_7014.webp

mudflaps.webp
These are the Rally Armor I don't have measurements handy but you can see they come down a pretty good bit, I think they could go a little bit wider than I have them set currently but I feel they provide good protection. They have been bent going over obstacles and show no sign of wear. The drivers door and side after rain/mud etc show zero signs of spray on the body which is what I wanted to protect.
Been thinking about getting these, but the price is kinda crazy compared to the other brands. Do you have any more pics of how much they poke out on the sides? Still liking them? I think they're the only option for me right now with these 34s. I don't like the look of the tufskinz and others aren't flexible... Thanks in advance!
 

RunnerRocks

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
RedDog
Joined
Dec 15, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
425
Reaction score
281
Location
Nature
Vehicle(s)
2026 TRD ORP (non-hybrid)
Been thinking about getting these, but the price is kinda crazy compared to the other brands. Do you have any more pics of how much they poke out on the sides? Still liking them? I think they're the only option for me right now with these 34s. I don't like the look of the tufskinz and others aren't flexible... Thanks in advance!
I considered Rally Armor, but with the high price, I'd feel bad about damaging them offroad. Also, I don't have extra poke and don't need flaps that are wider than the tires.

I really wanted RokBlokz as I had them on our 2020 Ranger. However, their 6G designs and mounting methods left me looking else where. Tufskinz are similar material to RokBlokz.

I went with Tufskinz, so far they're great. Lower price, simple install, flexible without being flappy, good width and length for my rig. They don't needlessly extend out beyond the flare.


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Length difference of OEM and Flexible/Urethane (RokBlokx/Rally Armor) Mudflaps? Poke4 Tufskinz


2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Length difference of OEM and Flexible/Urethane (RokBlokx/Rally Armor) Mudflaps? TUFSKINZ REAR VIEW
 

morsk

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
May 22, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
138
Reaction score
76
Location
NY
Vehicle(s)
2026 SR5
However, their 6G designs and mounting methods left me looking else where. Tufskinz are similar material to RokBlokz.
What's wrong with their mounting method? I installed mine recently and it was into factory mounting locations, no drilling or anything invasive.
Sponsored

 
 







Top