Sponsored

Hacksaw

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 3, 2025
Threads
29
Messages
251
Reaction score
191
Location
az
Vehicle(s)
2025 4runner TRD-ORP
Here's a weird one: I have an ORP, since April 2025, no squeal ever...until 2 days ago, while backing out of garage (it was humid, I'm in the desert SW, but it's not like it's never been humid before). But yesterday, low humidity, no squeal. While that's not yet enough for me to take it in for the squeal, when you take it in, does the dealer have to verify the squeal on the day you bring it in? Being so humidity-dependent, that might be a challenge.
Sponsored

 

fabtonic

TRD Off-Road
Active member
Joined
Sep 25, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
37
Reaction score
16
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 4 Runner Off-Road
Here's a weird one: I have an ORP, since April 2025, no squeal ever...until 2 days ago, while backing out of garage (it was humid, I'm in the desert SW, but it's not like it's never been humid before). But yesterday, low humidity, no squeal. While that's not yet enough for me to take it in for the squeal, when you take it in, does the dealer have to verify the squeal on the day you bring it in? Being so humidity-dependent, that might be a challenge.
I just showed them a video of my TRD OR making the noise and provided them with the TSB number.
 

4Runner8

TRD Sport Premium
Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
Jun 22, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
17
Reaction score
7
Location
Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner
I had a dealer loaner 2025 Sport Premium with paper plates (2,200 miles) in November 2025 when I was considering purchasing a 4Runner and it had the squealing issue. Knowing about the issue before hand from the previous loaner, I purchased a 2026 Sport Premium in December 2025 after my previous vehicle was totaled. The squealing on mine started around 1300 miles. I informed the dealer and was informed that I would be added to the list. I have just over 17,000 miles and it still squeals. I called the dealer last month and was told that my TSB repair is anticipated to be scheduled in December.
 

4Runner8

TRD Sport Premium
Member
First Name
Brian
Joined
Jun 22, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
17
Reaction score
7
Location
Arizona
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner
I had a dealer loaner 2025 Sport Premium with paper plates (2,200 miles) in November 2025 when I was considering purchasing a 4Runner and it had the squealing issue. Knowing about the issue before hand from the previous loaner, I purchased a 2026 Sport Premium in December 2025 after my previous vehicle was totaled. The squealing on mine started around 1300 miles. I informed the dealer and was informed that I would be added to the list. I have just over 17,000 miles and it still squeals. I called the dealer last month and was told that my TSB repair is anticipated to be scheduled in December.
UPDATE: After reading several previous threads and seeing how quickly this process should have been handled, I contacted Toyota Brand Engagement. The Toyota representative was very polite and I told her the background. She in-turn contacted the dealer and was in absolute shock when she told me that the wait time initially given to me had been increased from December 2026 to December 2027, which would put me at 2 years from purchase to have the squealing addressed. As of this morning, she provided me with a case number and told me a case manager would be contacting me within 24 hours to go over my options. I've been a Toyota owner since 1998 and have never had any issues with their brand. I'm happy to see that they are looking into this so quickly.
 

Hypnosis4u2nv

TRD Sport Premium
Active member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Jul 15, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
34
Reaction score
19
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
They most definitely will want to confirm before committing to fixing the issue. At least mine did. Also, I had my brakes done under the TSB when it went for an oil change. No appts were made. This may help if they're pushing your fix down the road if you request to get it done.
Sponsored

 
 







Top