Sponsored

get.outside.75

Limited
Well-known member
First Name
Brian
Joined
Jul 13, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
225
Reaction score
222
Location
Charlotte
Vehicle(s)
Limited iForce max
Does anyone have feedback on how the Platinum drives? I have 1 on order, only mod I am thinking is swapping the 20" wheels for the 18" TRD Pro wheels.
They are setup the same as the limited.

As a limited owner myself, I don't get any of the "harsh ride" vibes some people talk about. NC has good roads, so maybe that has something to do with it, i dunno. I have 33" AT tires on the 20" rims and a Westcott level and have zero complaints about the ride (and my last car was smaller unibody SUV).
Sponsored

 

plukaz

SR5
Member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Aug 21, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
12
Reaction score
8
Location
Chicago
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5, 2023 4Runner Limited
Yes. The less pressure means a bit more cushion for absorption. Try it. I wouldn’t say a night a difference, but something minor.
For local roads, it may be fine to run low, but I don't think you'll see as much impovement to ride quality as you'll have negative impact on handling. Also, don't run that low at high speed - it will build up excessive heat in the tire.

BTW - I had a good discussion with an engineering manager at Goodyear - an old friend, so shared the above and told me it's pointless on my SR5 with that wheel size and sidewall dimension. It would take -10PSI and would risk breaking the bead. Just one person's input...
 
Last edited:

Zeeke

TRD Sport Premium
Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
18
Reaction score
12
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
26 TRD PRO on Allocation
For local roads, it may be fine to run low, but I don't think you'll see as much impovement to ride quality as you'll have negative impact on handling. Also, don't run that low at high speed - it will build up excessive heat in the tire.

BTW - I had a good discussion with an engineering manager at Goodyear - an old friend, so shared the above and told me it's pointless on my SR5 with that wheel size and sidewall dimension. It would take -10PSI and would risk breaking the bead. Just one person's input...
They come from Japan with the pressure too high for the boat ride. 39-45 ive seen. They should be 33 for daily driving. You only go up in air pressure if you crazily went to a E rated tire. Then you go to 40-42 I think.

There is no issue running 33 and it wont heat the tire etc, its on the side of the door.
 

plukaz

SR5
Member
First Name
Paul
Joined
Aug 21, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
12
Reaction score
8
Location
Chicago
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner SR5, 2023 4Runner Limited
They come from Japan with the pressure too high for the boat ride. 39-45 ive seen. They should be 33 for daily driving. You only go up in air pressure if you crazily went to a E rated tire. Then you go to 40-42 I think.

There is no issue running 33 and it wont heat the tire etc, its on the side of the door.
Agreed - I thought the comment was to go 6-7 psi lower than 33. BTW - mine came from the port at 50psi....
 

Zeeke

TRD Sport Premium
Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
18
Reaction score
12
Location
Colorado
Vehicle(s)
26 TRD PRO on Allocation
My Pro is on the boat from Japan so im really curios how it will drive compared to our Sport Premium. Not sure what kinda dealer people were able to test drive a Pro at but in Colorado thats not going to happen as they are all presold, it took us 13 months to get our Pro.

I expect the Pro will ride a lot better than the Sport Premium just due to the silly 20s on the Sport not even taking into account the shocks etc.

As for sliders I did a ton of research and was going to go with Westcott but they were already expensive and to add insult to injury they wanted 350.00 for shipping. So I ended up ordering mine from RCI (they are in Colorado) and they have free shipping.

I also ordered it without roof rack or sliders on purpose same as yours. Only option I got was rear LED and the console vault.
 

SteveS

SR5
Well-known member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Mar 24, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
102
Reaction score
70
Location
Puyallup, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 SR5, 2023 Range Rover Sport
Yes. The less pressure means a bit more cushion for absorption. Try it. I wouldn’t say a night a difference, but something minor.
Thanks...
I fully understand less presure means more absorbtion to a point. I was trying to understand if the TRD Pro's recommended presure was the 39-40 you stated.
I googled up the Factor spec for TRD Pro wheels/tire combo. It is actually 33 PSI. So, you set it at the factory and door sticker specs. Therefore, it was over inflated fomr the dealer or you experimented with higher PSI. If it was set to 40, I can see why it would ride different at that.

Enjoy your new vehicle.
 

Bryce0291

TRD Pro
Member
First Name
Bryce
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
20
Reaction score
22
Location
Northern VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4 Runner TRD Pro
Actually just added the arb 3/4 roof a few hrs after delivery. Debating between predator steps or oem trd running boards (3kids). Getting ceramic tint done tomorrow and ceramic coating Wednesday.

dont plan on modding much, was gonna go ORP but figured the pro has everything i want already. The lights, wheels, styling and all the creature comforts I wanted
Agreed! The pro is almost perfect as is. I've only done a few mods and I have it how I want.
Sponsored

 
 







Top