Sponsored

First 4runner Trim Help SR5 or TRD Off Road

Toastyz

New member
Joined
Jan 13, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Georgia
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Hey 4runner gang looking for some opinions for my 1st 4runner

This vehicle will be my daily driver and my weekend overlander a couple weekends a month as well as a few weeklong trips during the year. Im an adventurer and explorer so while I dont go hunting trails to rock crawl, if there rocks in my way to were I wanna go im going over them. Ultimatly want confidence my vehicle can take me to the many unseen places but wanna make sure im not paying for things I really wont use. So with that in mind what do you all think would be the better option for me:

A: TRD Off Road mostly stock except for the overland kit (sleep, food, power, etc...) may upgrade vehicle in future.

B: SR5 (PT4WD) that I Kit out with new wheels and bigger A/T tires, new suspension, skid plates, rock sliders and the overland kit.
Sponsored

 

Bernie

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Feb 17, 2025
Threads
22
Messages
130
Reaction score
173
Location
23221
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes AMG GTc
I think you are better off going mostly stock for the features you want. You'll get a better resale value and not have the extra expense and headaches of getting mods made.
 

Nodak

Platinum
Well-known member
First Name
JR
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
1,572
Location
ND
Vehicle(s)
2026 4R Platinum Underground, 2025 4R Platinum Heritage Blue
TRD OR prem (make sure you get the locker)

SR5 for those that intend to put about 10-20k of add-on off road parts
 

mangomango

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
12
Reaction score
7
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
25’ ORP
I have an ORP, and was considering SR5 vs OR vs ORP. The diff between SR5 and OR is ~6k, for which you get:
No sliders
“Skid plates” are high density plastic (feels like thin metal) but are not actually metal
Bilstein shocks
Rear locker
“All terrain” tires (they are “on-road all terrain” tires, much less aggressive than what most people consider ATs)
A 3-prong outlet
MTS & crawl control

If you’re planning on a lift, real ATs, and a metal skid plates…. Then that 6k premium is pretty much just for some interior upgrades, 3-prong, MTS, and a rear locker.

I had to have Everest though. So I had to do it ;)
 

BlueBird

SR5
Member
First Name
Kyle
Joined
Nov 26, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
16
Reaction score
7
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner SR5 2021 Wrangler Willys 2020 Ram 1500
I didn’t find anything on the TRD OR worth the extra price, but mine isn’t doing much off roading outside of the beach
Sponsored

 
 







Top