Dynamic Radar Cruise Control DRCC & Lane Tracing (Safety Sense 3.00) in Action Video + Adjusting Settings

jobu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Dynamic Radar Cruise Control DRCC and Lane Tracing (part of Safety Sense 3.00) in action on a 2024 Tacoma and how to adjust its settings

Adjusting settings of DRCC:

Should be same for the 2025 4Runner.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
IF I get one, the very first thing I'm doing, before driving off the dealer lot, is turning ALL of this nanny crap off. I can't stand any of it. With all this garbage it's no wonder that nobody actually knows how to drive any more.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
IF I get one, the very first thing I'm doing, before driving off the dealer lot, is turning ALL of this nanny crap off. I can't stand any of it. With all this garbage it's no wonder that nobody actually knows how to drive any more.
I understand the perspective here, but I personally find that much of it has made me a better driver. In addition, it DRAMATICALLY reduces highway fatigue. Not having to worry about most steering and speed control allows you to relax and be more focused on the road as a whole. The less things you have to manage the better your overall situational awareness can become.

Anyway, my point is not to say you are wrong and should change your mind. I'm just suggesting that you try to keep an open mind and give it a fair shot. Maybe commit to using it for a week on your daily commute (if you have one). My 22' Forester was my first car with lane centering. It took me about a week to learn to trust it and let it get calibrated. Once I did though it was dramatic quality of life improvement.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand the perspective here, but I personally find that much of it has made me a better driver. In addition, it DRAMATICALLY reduces highway fatigue. Not having to worry about most steering and speed control allows you to relax and be more focused on the road as a whole. The less things you have to manage the better your overall situational awareness can become.

Anyway, my point is not to say you are wrong and should change your mind. I'm just suggesting that you try to keep an open mind and give it a fair shot. Maybe commit to using it for a week on your daily commute (if you have one). My 22' Forester was my first car with lane centering. It took me about a week to learn to trust it and let it get calibrated. Once I did though it was dramatic quality of life improvement.
The first time I drove a car with all of the e-nanny stuff was when we rented a Ford Edge Platinum in Phoenix. I had no idea this car came equipped with any of this stuff. The lane-keeping assist kicked in and I thought I had blown a tire or hit something. I jerked the wheel back to correct my course, not realizing what just happened, and swerved halfway into the next lane, almost slamming into another car at 80 mph. Scared the absolute hell outta me. I thought something was wrong with the car. After a few minutes, I figured out what it was and immediately turned it off. And the f*ck*ng radar cruise control - hell no! If you drive in the Phoenix area, you know that if there's enough room for a Smart car in front of you, then the douchebag with the 9 foot tall jacked up Ram with 3 foot wide tires will cut in front of you. The radar cruise maintains such a long distance between cars, every time the car backs off, someone is cutting in front of you. Then the car slams the brakes and the car behind you practically rearends you, because EVERYONE tailgates here.

olefriend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra A90
Here's a video review / test by a 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road owner on the highway using Lane Tracing & Dynamic Radar Cruise Control

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since I do a lot of driving at night, I'd MUCH rather see Toyota integrate their ADB/AHS headlight system into the 4Runner.