Sponsored

265 or wider tires on stock 18x7,5 wheels- 4Runner TRD off road

ssapaj

SR5
New member
First Name
sergio
Joined
Jun 23, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
3
Reaction score
3
Location
4runnerchile
Vehicle(s)
4runner 6gen
Hi guys!
I wanted to upgrade the stock 245/70/R18 tires to 265 or 275, keeping the stock wheels, but I’been researching it’s not safe, since 245 is as wide as a 7,5” wheel can safely take. What do you think? I’ve been reading here that people is doing it on the SR5 r17 stock wheels, without any issues (like rubbing), buy I’m afraid it may not be safe long term or for highway speed.
Thanks
Sponsored

 

RedRaiderATX

SR5
Member
Joined
May 22, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
18
Reaction score
21
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Well, I'm about to upgrade from the 245's to 285/70/17's. I ran the same tires on stock rims on my 5th gen without issue.
 

Butter

SR5
Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
20
Reaction score
2
Location
Kansas
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4runner
I have Falken wildpeak a/t4w 265/70r17 on stock sr5 rims. Falkens website says that size is approved. Rides great and very quiet ride for at’s
 

3Putt

SR5
Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
13
Reaction score
15
Location
Illinois
Vehicle(s)
2025 4runner SR5
I have Cooper Discoverer Road and Trail ATs in 265/70/70 on stock rims. No rubbing and little to no poke. MPG about -1 To -1.5 city and plus 1- 1.5 hwy.
 

4RunnerNobo

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
17
Reaction score
12
Location
Huntington Beach, CA
Vehicle(s)
Underground 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium i-FORCE MAX
Hi guys!
I wanted to upgrade the stock 245/70/R18 tires to 265 or 275, keeping the stock wheels, but I’been researching it’s not safe, since 245 is as wide as a 7,5” wheel can safely take. What do you think? I’ve been reading here that people is doing it on the SR5 r17 stock wheels, without any issues (like rubbing), buy I’m afraid it may not be safe long term or for highway speed.
Thanks
My Off Road Premium Hybrid is 265/70R18 stock (black wheels). Yours are 245? I just put on Falken Wildpeak A/T4W of the same size as stock. I know this doesn’t help you, but I was surprised to read 245 tire width on yours. Anyway, this is how it looks with 265/70R18 Wildpeak A/T4W’s.
2025 2026 4runner 6th gen 265 or wider tires on stock 18x7,5 wheels- 4Runner TRD off road IMG_4195
.
 
Last edited:
OP
OP

ssapaj

SR5
New member
First Name
sergio
Joined
Jun 23, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
3
Reaction score
3
Location
4runnerchile
Vehicle(s)
4runner 6gen
My Off Road Premium Hybrid is 265/70R18 stock (black wheels). Yours are 245? I just put on Falken Wildpeak A/T4W of the same size as stock. I know this doesn’t help you, but I was surprised to read 245 tire width on yours. Anyway, this is how it looks with 265/70R18 Wildpeak A/T4W’s.
IMG_4195.jpeg
.
Thanks! Looks great!
I’m not in the US. Toyota sells with different specs here (Chile).
 

Griffin27

Limited
Well-known member
Joined
May 16, 2025
Threads
12
Messages
57
Reaction score
71
Location
So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2025 4runner Limited, Beech Baron BE55
Thanks! Looks great!
I’m not in the US. Toyota sells with different specs here (Chile).
How is the road noise with the Wildpeak A/T4W’s and did you notice a MPG hit ?. I'm thinking of those tires or going a little bigger @ 265/70/R18
 

brodolf

TRD Off-Road
New member
Joined
Mar 9, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Denver, CO
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4runner TRD Off Road, 1961 Chevrolet Corvette
My Off Road Premium Hybrid is 265/70R18 stock (black wheels). Yours are 245? I just put on Falken Wildpeak A/T4W of the same size as stock. I know this doesn’t help you, but I was surprised to read 245 tire width on yours. Anyway, this is how it looks with 265/70R18 Wildpeak A/T4W’s.
IMG_4195.jpeg
.
Did you go with the E Load (LT265/70R18 124/121S E) or SL load? (265/70R18 116T SL). Looks great.
 

MikeD

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Jun 4, 2025
Threads
13
Messages
595
Reaction score
484
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium - Heritage Blue Hybrid
Hi guys!
I wanted to upgrade the stock 245/70/R18 tires to 265 or 275, keeping the stock wheels, but I’been researching it’s not safe, since 245 is as wide as a 7,5” wheel can safely take. What do you think? I’ve been reading here that people is doing it on the SR5 r17 stock wheels, without any issues (like rubbing), buy I’m afraid it may not be safe long term or for highway speed.
Thanks
Just picking one example, Toyo A/T III specs say that a 295/75R17 will fit on 7.5" wheel. Now at that diameter (34.4") and width (11.6") you will need to remove air dam, bend back tab and remove crash bracket - and on SR5 it might still rub, but you certainly could go 285/70R17 (33" dia/11.5" wid) without issue.
Note that the Offroad trims all come with 265/70R18 which is 32.6" dia. Many folks here have put 285/70R18 (33.7") on these trims without mods and no rubbing. I strongly suspect this will also work on SR5 but can't recall for sure if someone has done that (since they come with 17" wheels, and folks who go aftermarket often go to 17" anyway). FYI that I run 285/75R18 (34.8") - no rubbing with 1.25" level kit after crash bracket removed on +45 TRD flat black option wheels.
BTW: Offset matters! Keep your +55 offset wheels to maximize tire diameter.
(I think I've covered all the bases but do you have 17" or 18" wheels? you mention both above and if you have lower offset 18" (e.g., TRD PRO +20) then adjust down a size from what I said - or get a lift.)
Sponsored

 
 







Top