Loving the 4R Limited and now finally have a proper detailing setup to routinely care for it and others. My focus has been to simplify the chemicals/towels and detailing process I use but also upscaling the hardware. I know there’s a lot of chemicals pictured but I really use about 5 routinely...
Circling back. Actually settled in at 18mpg. So definitely a couple mpg loss from air dam removal and upsized tires. But this is truly due to stop and go driving 90% of the time.
Bummer. Is this your first aftermarket exhaust system or is it noticeable compared to past setups you’ve had? Guess what I’m getting at is that an aftermarket setup will always be generally louder than stock. If truly a persistent drone that does suck.
Interested in hearing feedback on this system. There’s a bit of a trend here with folks reporting a persistent drone in that ~1500-2000k RPM range on the 4R with aftermarket systems. Although, when people mention it, they don’t necessarily describe how loud it is, are they on level ground or...
For that first spray of foam cannon and rinse. Have you considered a prewash then rinse instead (I’ve been using Bilt Hamber Touch-less)? Would likely be more effective with its higher pH to break up dirt before moving on to your pH neutral foam application.
I added 275/60r20 tires to my stock 4R and by my measurement the front is 1.25” higher than the rear. I would suspect by lifting the front by 2.5”, it will give the truck a squat look. The good thing is you could add the Bilsteins and just tell the shop to adjust the front to be level with the rear.
No replacement but should fit if and when I do. The difference is ~1.25” back vs front measuring from the floor through the middle of the wheel to the fender. Then confirmed measuring as you suggested. So think it’d actually look great with the front 0.5” higher.
Don’t think they do. I don’t want to put a lift on…at least I don’t think so. Although, was thinking of adding the Westcott 1/2” spacer to the front to take the rake out. Like that they offer it but still deciding if it’s worth the hassle.
Found some information that may help in your search.
Think this is the right break pedal: Break Pedal Pad #47121-34010
Think this is the Accelerator pedal but can’t find spec images to confirm the TRD number: Pedal Sub-Assembly, Accelerator #78101-???
My advice is to go with the one bucket method and foam cannon to wash your car and do it regularly. My preferred method because it’s fast and effective. Basically,
Bucket with grit guard (wheeled preferable). Grit guard not mandatory but I always use one.
6-8 Microfiber Wash Pads (I use...
Damn, sucks to see this. But good that it appears to be surface rust only. You may want to crawl under the truck and check other areas as well. If it were me, I’d remediate all the surface rust (steel brush, mechanical, etc. as needed) on the underside of the truck and then paint it with...
Do notice the extra exhaust noise in that range but the stock system manages it well. For upgrades, I’ve always preferred exhaust system focused companies (e.g. Corsa, Borla, Magnaflow, etc.) over companies that just happen to have systems as part of a greater catalog. Borla has the no drone...