It’s wild how much can go into deciding on a tire lol. But figured the street manners with some aggressive looks was the ticket. I did see that their are a lot of people who definitely like the LTX MS2.
Hi all! Finally pulled the trigger and swapped out the Dunlops for a set of Bridgestone Ascent AT tires in 275x60/r20 (the other consideration was the Cooper Road & Trail). I was looking for an on road focused AT since it’ll spend most of its life there. But do encounter trail type conditions...
Been eyeing Rays Offroad wheels. I’d have to go +35 or higher on offset, but for you, they have more offset options. Like the idea of a JDM wheel pairing and the bronze Rays are pretty badass IMO.
Ok, figured it’d be about $400-500. If I recall, had some UCAs installed on my previous truck and it was about $500. Your truck is looking great. Thanks 👍
Looks just ever so slightly squatted. How’s the view over the hood? Would think it’s a little impeded but the tech on these trucks kind of makes it a non issue I’d think.
Well ok! Thats very tempting then. In thinking about it more, it makes sense that you haven’t seen issues since the AVS only adjusts dampening force and not ride height. If you don’t mind me asking, about how much did you pay for the install? The hardware itself looks to be inexpensive.
I’d imagine so but could be wrong. The ReadyLift website says they have not tested it on AVS equipped 4Runners. Seems like it’d throw something off…Swear I’m so tempted to pull the AVS out since it doesn’t cause issues when you do.
Ok, that makes sense why we haven’t see an option out there. Just can’t see why anyone would 3M tape a plastic piece to their hood. I’ll still be happy with my window deflectors!
Agree! WeatherTech had a low profile bug deflector that attached via existing screw/bolt areas for my 21 Ranger but it seems that all there is for the new 4Runner are the hood protectors that tape down on the paint. Not a good solution in my mind.
Is this considered a passable “pinch fit”, putting a 275 on an 8” wheel? Theres so much conflicting information out there on tire/wheel pairing. Keep reading that 275 is a better pairing with an 8.5-9” wheel. I want to add tires like this to my limited but thinking to stick to the 265.
Not OP but I’ve had WT deflectors on all my rides…They don’t have clips. They use tension to remain in place. There will be a 3M type adhesive for the back to give more support. You’ll find that they fit snug and low profile and don’t shift around.
Looks great! Should have mine here in the next day or two. I’ve used the WeatherTech deflectors on my previous three vehicles and they’ve pretty much become a necessity lol. Also had the hood deflector but unfortunately I haven’t seen one available for the 4Runner yet. The WeatherTech deflectors...
Following! I’m hesitant to start messing with the electrical on this car. Lemme tell ya, it can be a rat hole once you get started. As experienced on my previous ride (system pictured) but boy did it sound glorious!
I’ll give that a go. Some of the sites are woefully short on recommendations since they often only speak to direct OEM swaps. Tire Rack may have that option too.
This is interesting. Had no idea the axels would be different. Seems unnecessary to vary them but suppose it’s a way for Toyota to cut costs. Was thinking of leveling the front with an adjustable coilover which shouldn’t mess with the geometry too much. Especially if paired with an upgraded...
That’s good to know! As you probably know, there seems to be a lot of conflicting information on wheel width tire pairing. Likely depends on the tire like the Toyo. Unfortunately, not a fan of that tire in looks or performance but likely other options out there.
Two capable choices in the Falken and BFG. Always surprised how heavy those tire can get. I’ve been looking at the Cooper Road and Trail or Bridgestone Dueler Ascent. Want an AT with good road manners but can get me through a mess when needed. Heck, a contrarian pick would be the Pirelli...
From everything I’ve read, 275 won’t rub but not sure about 285. Wheel width plays a roll as well. The 0 offset will push the wheels outboard about an inch. Believe the SR5 wheels are +25.
Same here. The only downside to sticking with 265 is the options available. Going to a 275 opens things up a bit but then not sure sticking a 275 on an 8” wide wheel is advisable. Would likely have to move to 8.5” or 9” width.