Sponsored

Templates for Homemade Base Plate in Second Row Delete

mcd_ovrlnd

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Threads
40
Messages
426
Reaction score
231
Location
SE PA
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD PRO
I am contemplating drawers in the back cargo area but want my fridge in the center of the SUV. Would love to build a base plate I could bolt to the second row seat mounts (once I remove the second row). I want to build something flat that I could mount a fridge slide to so the fridge slides out the second row open door. Anybody built something like that?
Sponsored

 
OP
OP
mcd_ovrlnd

mcd_ovrlnd

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Threads
40
Messages
426
Reaction score
231
Location
SE PA
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD PRO
@4funner i noticed maybe you did this. You have any measurements for what you built?
 

mfoga

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Mar 5, 2026
Threads
13
Messages
420
Reaction score
159
Location
Socal
Vehicle(s)
r4unner
I looked into this but found it wasn't going to work. The problem is you need it really high to be able to slide it out and not quickly hit the door. I found it would need to be above the armrest to be far enough from door based on shape of opening to get a lot of slide out but then I would need a step stool to get in fridge.
 
OP
OP
mcd_ovrlnd

mcd_ovrlnd

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Threads
40
Messages
426
Reaction score
231
Location
SE PA
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD PRO
I looked into this but found it wasn't going to work. The problem is you need it really high to be able to slide it out and not quickly hit the door. I found it would need to be above the armrest to be far enough from door based on shape of opening to get a lot of slide out but then I would need a step stool to get in fridge.
thanks for this feedback. very helpful.
 

TRD_Alex

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
52
Reaction score
64
Location
New York
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium iForce Max, 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU Willys
If you're unable to find a template, you can always use CAD! (Cardboard Aided Design)

Get a large slab of cardboard that can fill the entire rear of your 4Runner and cut around everything. Pull it out, lay on a sheet of plywood, trace it on, cut with jigsaw. Once you have the plywood cut you can take measurements for anything else you want to add.

You'll likely need to make it out of 3 separate pieces then screw them together once placed inside.
Sponsored

 
 







Top