If you're unable to find a template, you can always use CAD! (Cardboard Aided Design)
Get a large slab of cardboard that can fill the entire rear of your 4Runner and cut around everything. Pull it out, lay on a sheet of plywood, trace it on, cut with jigsaw. Once you have the plywood cut you...
Which setting out of the three did you go with? Do you notice changes in all driving or only when sharp/tight cornering? If you make a quick lane change, do you notice a change in responsiveness?
I've been thinking about picking one up for a while now, but have been waiting for user feedback.
Just got done installing the aFe Turbo Inlet Pipe paired with the aFe CAI. Took roughly 1.5 hours. If you plan on getting one just be aware that installing it on a hybrid model is much more of a pain in the ass due to the extra piping around the intake tube. Hardest part of the install was...
Looks like 27060-F0140 is 180 amps, but only for non-hybrid models. The 27060-F0190 is the 130 amp for Hybrid models. Guess I'll be waiting for Mechman to make a 240 or 320 amp. I had a Mechman 240 on my Jeep and it was awesome.
Dang it Toyota!
EDIT: Got in contact with Mechman. They will...
Supposedly the hybrid alternator is 130 amps which should be good for a 1500+ watt system, but I don't know how the hybrid system interacts with it. Wish we had a Master Toyota tech here :confused:
Right now I'm looking at the Kicker quad box. Usually listed for ~1200. Great bang for your buck...
Howdy!
Looking to add a sub(s) and redo the entire sound system in my ORP Hybrid. The JBL system is generally okay but I know theres way more potential.
My question is; does anyone know the electrical system limits? Through some research it seems that the general consensus is to not go above...
Check this out: https://www.4runner6g.com/forum/threads/widow-door-rattle-vibration-source-when-playing-music-and-how-to-actually-fix-door-rattle-permanently.7703/
I have the WeatherTech versions for both front and back windows. I can confirm the first time I tried to roll the windows up, the drivers window did emergency stop due to the resistance, but only the first time. No issues after that.
Same thing happens in my ORP Hybrid. I assumed it's trying to let things circulate and warm up before supplying boost unless demanded via high throttle input.
I installed my aFe intake with the dry filter back in July. No issues what so ever. Fitment was perfect and instructions were very clear. Looks and sounds great. There's no reason I wouldn't recommend it.
Not sure about ANC, however I did some research on the surround technology JBL calls "Quantum Logic Surround Sound."
Turns out 4Runners and Tacos don't get the surround processing tech. It's a little misleading because if you go to the JBL x Toyota collaboration page on JBL's website, their...