Sponsored

Off-Roam Magnetic Mount + Samsung Galaxy Fold 8 + 14" Infotainment Fitment

OP
OP
Joestac

Joestac

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2025
Threads
27
Messages
689
Reaction score
522
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Trailhunter
Just in case someone searches this out in the future. The Fold 8 fits no problem. Got a double right angle USB-C cable in case I want to hard wire but I'm going to see if the Fold 8 cuts out on AA like my S25 Ultra did.

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Off-Roam Magnetic Mount + Samsung Galaxy Fold 8 + 14" Infotainment Fitment 20260905_134944
Sponsored

 

Dead Horse

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
Joined
Sep 6, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
638
Reaction score
716
Location
Oklahoma
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Looks great.

Not sure if it'll help with connectivity though. I have had that issue with three different phones.

Seems to be the worst on startup, if my wife's iPhone is anywhere within 40 feet when I start it. My Pixel 10 Pro mostly stays connected after I've been driving. That seems to have improved a bit over the last 6 months or so. No idea why. When I bought it and drove it home for like 6 hours, my phone dropped connection probably a dozen times. Infuriating.
 
OP
OP
Joestac

Joestac

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 21, 2025
Threads
27
Messages
689
Reaction score
522
Location
Austin, TX
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Trailhunter
@Dead Horse Yeah, I'm not hopeful. For my daily it only disconnects when I'm driving into my area near the center of town. There is a large antenna array that I always thought was the issue no sure though.

Read an Android Authority article that people are seeing disconnects near Flock cameras, which there also happens to be a lot of those in the Home Depot parking lot where it does disconnect.

Who knows.
Sponsored

 
 







Top