Sponsored

Need help with hood prop rod rattle issue

MarineVet6113

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Shannon
Joined
Jul 31, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
So I have been trying to figure out what was rattling in my front engine bay and noticed the hood prop rod was very loose on the end that swivels in the plastic grommet. So to rule that out I pulled the prop rod out. It was fairly easy just pulled at weird angle and turn it and it slid right out.
But now for the life of me I cannot figure out how to get it back in. Anyone got any tricks or suggestions on how you get that thing to slide back in.

also. That didn’t solve my rattle issue but at least I know that’s not what it was lol.
Sponsored

 
OP
OP

MarineVet6113

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Shannon
Joined
Jul 31, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
Yeah, get rid of it and install gas struts. Super easy and you can get rid of that stupid prop rod.
lol I do agree with you on the gas struts and was considering doing that for but I’d still like to know how to get it back in. Might be useful while installing those gas struts.
 

mcd_ovrlnd

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Threads
41
Messages
439
Reaction score
237
Location
SE PA
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD PRO
lol I do agree with you on the gas struts and was considering doing that for but I’d still like to know how to get it back in. Might be useful while installing those gas struts.
Probably a YouTube video on it.
 
OP
OP

MarineVet6113

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Shannon
Joined
Jul 31, 2025
Threads
3
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
Yeah I looked earlier and didn’t see any specific to 4Runner but will keep searching.
Sponsored

 
 







Top