Sponsored

Is this part of the rear fender replaceable? As in, is it something I can do myself?

OP
OP
JasonIsLost

JasonIsLost

TRD Sport Premium
Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Sep 14, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
17
Reaction score
12
Location
Atlanta
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Sport Premium
I'm gonna throw this one out in case it's relevant.

My wife scraped the hell out of the side view mirror on our Odyssey in a parking lot a few years ago, just before we traded it in. Somebody recommended to use a degreaser/polishing compound to see if it made a difference and it really did. Like a huge amount. It didn't fix the scratches, but it removed the paint and crud from inside the gouges of the plastic and made the scratches nearly invisible unless up close.

Might be worthwhile to see if you can at least make it liveable. Good luck!
Oh it looked a lot worse haha. This is before I used a polishing compound to remove all the paint from the concrete pillar I scraped on. Essentially what's left is showing where the truck's paint was scraped off the plastic of the fender flare. I also took a picture of it in the most revealing/unflattering light possible but it doesn't look quite this bad in most lights.
Sponsored

 

zcmack

TRD Off-Road Premium
Active member
Joined
Nov 8, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
42
Reaction score
19
Location
las vegas
Vehicle(s)
25 ORP
this is exactly why those parts are unpainted plastic, imo. easy and (relatively) cheap to repair
 
 







Top