Sponsored

Is the dealership/service center I go to full of it/incompetent ?

mcd_ovrlnd

TRD Pro
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 19, 2026
Threads
41
Messages
439
Reaction score
237
Location
SE PA
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD PRO
@glocke12 I take my 6G4R to Thompson as well. Took my 5th Gen there too. I’ve really liked them over the years and I happen to causally know John Thompson (I considered calling him about my last two visits). My last two visits really sort of annoyed me. They mounted my spare on a new rim and road force balanced it. Two days later some of the weights fell off. Mind you, that visit took four hours. Took it back for them to re-road force balance it. I said “ain’t gonna take four hours again is it?” Nope. Three hours! I will say this. Thompson has a specific group there that does off-road mods. Maybe talk to those guys. Ask for Julian Mitchell.
Sponsored

 

Bryce0291

TRD Pro
Active member
First Name
Bryce
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
25
Reaction score
27
Location
Northern VA
Vehicle(s)
2026 4 Runner TRD Pro
I bought my 2025 TRD ORP from Koch 33 in Easton PA, but unfortunately going there for routine service is a hassle, its just too far out of the way so as a result I've been going to Thompson Toyota in Doylestown which until now had been my go to dealer for vehicle purchases, service and warranty work.

Really never had any issue with them until I started taking this vehicle there for warranty work.

Yesterday I was there to get some warranty work done and was asking about lift kits, basically I just want to get rid of the front rake and level it out and the guy at the service desk told me they can't do those mods on these vehicles because of the tow package and it will also screw up the radar sensors ( I asked about recalibrating those and he said that can't be done ).

I found everything he said unbelievable.

As a side note, this place has caused other problems for me.

Took it in for a warranty repair on the molding strips/weather stripping that run the length of the roof ( they were peeling off ). They said the ordered the parts, than called me claiming they had arrived. Took it in to drop it off for the day to get those installed and they gave me a free loaner. Went to pick up the vehicle at the end of the day only to discover the work had not been done because the parts were not actually there. That same thing happened again a few weeks later, dropped it off, went to pick it up and was again told they had not actually come in despite them telling me they had. At least that time I got them to comp me an oil change.

Same thing is happening now to fix a seat fan issue for the ventilated passenger seat. I brought it in to have that issue diagnosed, they said they ordered the parts, called one day to say they had arrived and I show up and drop my vehicle off only to get a call later to say the parts had not actually arrived. They called again a few weeks later saying they were here, and I asked them to visually confirm they were there. They did, so I dropped it off yesterday only to get a call at the end of the day saying not all of the needed parts were there but had now been ordered and asked me to leave the vehicle overnight in the hopes they show up today.

It's probably the last time I take this vehicle to that dealership/service center and I will probably just bite the bullet and go to the original dealer I purchased it from for future warranty work or service.

In any case, are they wrong about what they told me about lift kits/leveling kits interfering with the sensors ?
you should request to talk to the service manager.
 
OP
OP

glocke12

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
greg
Joined
Aug 10, 2025
Threads
21
Messages
134
Reaction score
85
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
6th gen TRD Off Road Premium
@glocke12 I take my 6G4R to Thompson as well. Took my 5th Gen there too. I’ve really liked them over the years and I happen to causally know John Thompson (I considered calling him about my last two visits). My last two visits really sort of annoyed me. They mounted my spare on a new rim and road force balanced it. Two days later some of the weights fell off. Mind you, that visit took four hours. Took it back for them to re-road force balance it. I said “ain’t gonna take four hours again is it?” Nope. Three hours! I will say this. Thompson has a specific group there that does off-road mods. Maybe talk to those guys. Ask for Julian Mitchell.

We'll see if I go back to them...My previous three Toyotas ( Tacoma than two 4runners ) were bought from Thompson and all my servicing on those vehicles was performed there. Never had an issue until now so I was surprised to see what is basically gross incompetence occurring.

On another note, when I went to go shopping for a 6th gen 4runner or a Land Cruiser in August of last year I was surprised to see that Thompson had 0 inventory of either and my recent visits there showed that they had no inventory either. In the past they usually had a few models of each to select from, which is how I ended up at Koch 33
Sponsored

 
 







Top