Sponsored

Hopefully, this is my last vehicle.

LP4Runner

TRD Off-Road Premium
New member
First Name
Larry
Joined
Aug 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner 4WD TRD Off-Rd Prem & 2026 4Runner 4WD TRD Off-Rd Prem iForce Max
We recently bought two Off-road Premiums. Mine is an Everest gas, and hers is an Ice Cap hybrid.

I'm approaching 70, so my intention is for mine to be the last vehicle I need to buy. As for her, who knows? With that in mind, my approach is to make things easier for me. Some items will be added to both 4Runners. It will be a slow process. I changed the oil at 1,000 miles, with 5,000 miles being the next one and will be when the skid plate and valve are taken care of.

Engine skid plate with oil change access (non-negotiable).
Fumoto oil change valve (short or long nipple?)
Hood struts.
Catalytic converter anti-theft cover.
Wheel locks.
Window overlays.
Upgraded horns.
LED interior lights for tailgate area.
Padded left elbow riser, about 2" high, for left armrest.
Engine cover.

No doubt there will be more.

Larry
Sponsored

 

ACJ

TRD Off-Road
Active member
Joined
Jan 7, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
33
Reaction score
26
Location
Portland Oregon
Vehicle(s)
2026 Toyota 4runner TRD Off-road i-force Max
I am 72 and figure, hope, this is my last gas vehicle. Foresee self driving in my late 80s. I went with a RCI Engine skid plate with oil access. What a mess the first oil change. Ended up dropping the skid plate to clean things. Next oil change am installing a Valvomax so I can run a drain tube through the skid plate access.
 

axxman

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Axel
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
17
Reaction score
8
Location
Columbia MD
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner Off Road Premium (fall 2026)
I am 58 but i am planning on this being my last new car purchase. Mine is due in next week trd off road premium. It pretty much comes with every option i want. Not crazy about the wheels, but other than that i just plan on tinting the front door windows, adding a light bar and eventually a winch. Fill the frame with rust preventive oil and see how far i can go.
 

127.0.0.1

SR5
Well-known member
Joined
Oct 9, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
849
Reaction score
736
Location
earf
Vehicle(s)
a bunch of Toyotas
Last edited:

SC4Runner

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Fred
Joined
Mar 28, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
256
Reaction score
223
Location
South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, GMC Truck, Mercury Grand Marquis
Dang! I’m 56 and hoping this will be the last new vehicle, but you are giving me second thoughts. Maybe one more…. I do hope I will be able to drive at least into my 80s.
 
OP
OP

LP4Runner

TRD Off-Road Premium
New member
First Name
Larry
Joined
Aug 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner 4WD TRD Off-Rd Prem & 2026 4Runner 4WD TRD Off-Rd Prem iForce Max
IMHO
you don't need a cat converter theft cover, the cat is high up in the engine bay on the front side of the turbocharger. it's pretty much inaccessible.

https://www.4runner6g.com/forum/thr...n-are-hidden-makes-cats-harder-to-steal.3280/

However I reckon a cover of some type won't hurt (except maybe overheating the floor) and may prevent bozos from cutting a useless chunk of pipe off
Interesting. I'll read some more but it sounds like a money saver. "Bozos" is about as kind as you can call them!
 

Joe Dirt

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Sep 24, 2025
Threads
20
Messages
490
Reaction score
240
Location
SoCal
Vehicle(s)
25 ORP
Well just my two cents as I don't go for all the accessories.

I say yes to:

Wheel locks,
Upgraded horns
Engine and tranny skid.

All the rest falls into the area of ceramic paint protection Etc.
Just my two cents.
 

Wade Ramm

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Wade
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
7
Reaction score
2
Location
WA
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Wow... Like minds. I'm nearly 57 and don't want to purchase another vehicle, either. TRD Off-Road premium for me.
 
OP
OP

LP4Runner

TRD Off-Road Premium
New member
First Name
Larry
Joined
Aug 5, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner 4WD TRD Off-Rd Prem & 2026 4Runner 4WD TRD Off-Rd Prem iForce Max
Well just my two cents as I don't go for all the accessories.

I say yes to:

Wheel locks,
Upgraded horns
Engine and tranny skid.

All the rest falls into the area of ceramic paint protection Etc.
Just my two cents.
Some of my list pertains to making things easier for me as the years go by. With both thumbs and a wrist dealing with arthritis, it makes sense for me. Some are just a visual enhancement. In the end, each 4Runner reflects on the owner.
Sponsored

 
 







Top