Sponsored

Hood Protectors - 6th Gen 4 Runner

GreiWlf

Trailhunter
Member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Oct 4, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
7
Reaction score
7
Location
NorCal
Vehicle(s)
2026 4Runner Trailhunter
Does anyone have a hood protector installed on their 6th Gen. I have always been a fan and installed hood protectors on all of my trucks and SUVs. I‘ve been an owner of my Trail Hunter for about 48 hours and would like to install one but I am having difficulty. Are the Tacoma and 4R hood profiles the same? Any advice and/or pictures if you have a hood protector installed would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

 

6thGen1419

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Peter
Joined
Sep 18, 2025
Threads
26
Messages
404
Reaction score
242
Location
New Mexico
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium iForce Max
Does anyone have a hood protector installed on their 6th Gen. I have always been a fan and installed hood protectors on all of my trucks and SUVs. I‘ve been an owner of my Trail Hunter for about 48 hours and would like to install one but I am having difficulty. Are the Tacoma and 4R hood profiles the same? Any advice and/or pictures if you have a hood protector installed would be greatly appreciated.
I was looking into getting a hood protector for my ORP, but the ones I found use adhesive to stick it to the paint and I didn't want that.
 

4RNNR6

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Nov 13, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
12
Reaction score
11
Location
Kentucky
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner ORP 1968 GTO 2003 F150
I did not want tape to paint, however unable to find better. Weathertech hood and window treatments. They match and work. No bug and rock chips. The window piece goes into the channel. I have had comments the it looks OEM. Only mods other than hood struts.
 

Wade Ramm

TRD Off-Road Premium
Member
First Name
Wade
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Location
WA
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
I did not want tape to paint, however unable to find better. Weathertech hood and window treatments. They match and work. No bug and rock chips. The window piece goes into the channel. I have had comments the it looks OEM. Only mods other than hood struts.
Nice! I'm literally waiting to hear that I come pick my 4Runner up from the shop. I had a Weathertech Hood Protector put on, then the vehicle was ceramic coated. Excited to see how it looks.

Looks great on the Everest you have!
 

Kickin716

TRD Sport Premium
Active member
First Name
Scott
Joined
Jul 20, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
43
Reaction score
18
Location
Buffalo NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD Sport
Look into full front PPF. I got the front part of my hood, headlights, front bumper and mirrors done for about $700. Well worth the cost to me.
 
 







Top