Sponsored

Has anyone installed a Inspired Overland Trailpeak Rooftop Tent on a Westcott Designs Lo Profile rack with Crosswing awning

EricGoleta

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Dec 13, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
57
Reaction score
23
Location
Santa Barbara County, CA US
Vehicle(s)
2025 4Runner Hybrid
Has anyone installed a Inspired Overland Trailpeak Rooftop Tent on a Westcott Lo Profile rack with Crosswing awning? I can't see how to attach the mounting brackets to the rack cross members under the tent base. How do you get your hands in there?

I haven't bought the Inspired Overland Trailpeak Rooftop Tent yet, it looks very spacious for a RTT. Does anyone have one and if yes, what do you think about it?

2025 2026 4runner 6th gen Has anyone installed a Inspired Overland Trailpeak Rooftop Tent on a Westcott Designs Lo Profile rack with Crosswing awning Rack
Sponsored

 

mfoga

TRD Off-Road Premium
Well-known member
First Name
Mark
Joined
Mar 5, 2026
Threads
13
Messages
420
Reaction score
159
Location
Socal
Vehicle(s)
r4unner
Not that tent but Openroad4wd tent on the westcott lo profile rack. I am using the Wescott awning mounts.

I have the Sherpa 1" RTT mounts. I have it mounted to 3 bars. The front is accessible via sunroof, the middle with 4 mounts (one on either side of bar) is mounted to bar and remove bar when I remove tent vs remove mounts and rear is second to last and I can remove bar or use a extra long ratcheting box end wrench.

I remove the awing to install the first time and use the wrench to get things tight. It took some time and work to get things set the first time.
 
 







Top