4running

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4Runner SR5
Nice side by side look. Anyone here actually cross-shopping the 2025 4Runner and the 2024 Tacoma currently?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Nice side by side look. Anyone here actually cross-shopping the 2025 4Runner and the 2024 Tacoma currently?
I was then saw the 4Runner and said yep thatā€™s the one.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I couldnā€™t compare a Pickup against an SUV, apples and oranges. Did compare Landcruiser against 4Runner. Going with 4Runner now.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I couldnā€™t compare a Pickup against an SUV, apples and oranges. Did compare Landcruiser against 4Runner. Going with 4Runner now.
Land Cruiser was on my radar but I think itā€™s not my cup of tea. The 4Runner has this rugged look where I feel that Toyota tamed the LC in. Also recently got this hoodie.
2025 Toyota 4runner Comparison: 2025 6th Gen 4Runner TRD Pro vs... 2024 Tacoma TRD Pro -- Which One To Pick? (Video) IMG_1146

Dgk

First Name
Mig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
The tacoma has a terrible turning radius so if you do tight offroad trails then that one might be the one. Landcruiser and 4runner both have a better turning radius. It may seems like a small thing now, but if you live in crowded places or offroad youll want the extra 4ft. Plus the wheel base is shorter on the 4runner.

Bronconomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not when the ā€œorangeā€ is 95% the same as the apple.
One is still a pickup truck the other isnā€™t , a rose by any other name is still a rose. Just remember humans and chimpanzees share 99% of the same DNA. Peace.

MrOzMan

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
In that case, donā€™t cross shop anything, because theyā€™re different enough that you should never consider any other alternatives. šŸ˜‚

One is still a pickup truck the other isnā€™t , a rose by any other name is still a rose. Just remember humans and chimpanzees share 99% of the same DNA. Peace.

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
We definitely are- wife likes the Tacoma, but the 4R fits the garage better and has better room for 2 kids + big dog. Tacoma w/ a nice truck cap is basically the same money as the 4R.

Last edited:

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
I definitely am. I'm leaning toward the Tacoma as I have never had a truck and would really like to. However, I will only buy it if they add memory seats with the 2025 model. Also the lack of rear vents could end up being a deal breaker. All in all I'm super excited about both. I'm firm that this time around I won't compromise and buy a vehicle without the features I really want it to have.

The new 4Runner though has ALMOST every feature I could possibly want. The only thing missing is a panoramic sunroof, but after having it in both my Forester and my wife's Ascent it is much less of a priority for me. Heck, I still think there is a chance there could end up being one on the Platinum trim. Toyota has a habit of saving that feature for only the top trim (Highlander).

Overall, these two vehicles are the large majority of my focus. Anything else seems very unlikely.

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester and Ascent
The tacoma has a terrible turning radius so if you do tight offroad trails then that one might be the one. Landcruiser and 4runner both have a better turning radius. It may seems like a small thing now, but if you live in crowded places or offroad youll want the extra 4ft. Plus the wheel base is shorter on the 4runner.
Um... yeah. That is kind of what a pickup truck is. It has a longer wheel base to support the bed and improve towing. A shorter turning radius is just the sacrifice you pay with a longer wheel base. The two go hand in hand. If that is what a person is focusing on then they obviously are not wanting a pickup truck anyway so why even bother considering it.

Liontracks

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Definitely hard to pick which one.

I like the aspects of the Tacoma, but I think practically with what I would need a new vehicle for when the time comes to replace my current vehicle, Iā€™m probably going to lean towards the 4Runner. Canā€™t wait to start seeing them on the road.